Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127

Unfortunate July 15, 2006. The day before he passed away. Still remember the conversation and can hear his voice in my head. I'm so grateful I called him and didn't rush off the phone.

What are you drinking right now?

Have a similar experience with my Dad. Father's Day is always tough for me. Good thoughts to you this weekend. As for my drink, just plain old water.

What was the last TV show you watched?
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    watching 1864 (Danish drama) right now

Do you prefer tv or film?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,121
    Both

Have you ever be arrest??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Nope. Threatened with contempt, though. (Damn boyfriend who stole my car, forged my name, had title switched over to his name and now has a record because of it. Police didn't believe me and threatened me and my mom with contempt.)

If you eat cereal, what kind do you eat?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited June 2015
    Favorite cereal is Golden Grahams, but since I'm trying to be better with my diet I usually eat the Special K Vanilla Almond.

Do you drink coffee?
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Yes only decaf tho. Caffeine gives me migraines

Do you put anything in your coffee?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • Yes, cream and sugar. Sometimes Baileys.

Do you like any liqueurs?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I don't really drink anymore....so no.

Do you like Arnold Palmers?(half tea and half lemonade)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Not particularly. I'd rather just have the tea, but only if it's sweet tea!

What was your favorite subject in school.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Art.

What was the subject you hated most?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    PE. I suck at team sports, which is all PE was until the latter years of high school when we started to do some fun stuff like nordic skiing.

Do you take taxis often (or Uber, or whatever is available in your area)?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    No. Only times I take taxis are when I know I'm going to drink too much, but that's only been a handful of times.

Would you rather go to the beach or to the mountains?
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Beach by a long shot. Give me San Diego or Santa Monica/Venice Beach every single time.

Would you rather go to New York or Miami on a trip?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    New York - AND I'm going to New York for the first time next weekend! (Any suggestions are gratefully accepted). Never been to Miami.

Do you prefer a mountain view or flat prairies?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Mountains!!!!!!! The flatlands scare me. There's nothing holding up the sky!

Where in NY are you staying?

Next weekend is a good one. Friday Awolnation is playing Irving Plaza and if you are into them I happen to have two tickets for sale haha. There is a highly anticipated MLS game on Sunday at Yankee Stadium - NYCFC vs Red Bulls and tickets will generally be exponentially cheaper than Yankees tickets. If the weather is nice you might like to check out Governors Island. It's an island in the harbor with pretty views! Free ferry service and bikes are available for rentals. It's a big park, basically. But with views. If you want to do Broadway but don't want to go broke check the venue's website for "rush tickets" policy. Usually you show up at the box office at 10 and get what they give you, but for significantly cheaper than if you just bought them thru telecharge or what have you. The seats may be obstructed view, though you usually aren't missing much. I've heard good things about Aladdin and an Act of God. As an alternative you can try the tkts booth in times sq. If you are going to do museums, the Met and AMNH are both suggested donations. I was at the Met recently and they have suspiciously removed the words "suggested donation" from the sign so it looks like the entrance fee is actually $25. It's not. It's pay what you want. I'd suggest $5. Unless you are loaded. :wink: Oh and remember on the weekend the subway does not play nice so don't rely on the maps - consult mta.info to make sure you don't end up the victims of weekend construction detours. And you wont have cell service underground for the most part. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

Next weekend is a good one. Friday Awolnation is playing Irving Plaza and if you are into them I happen to have two tickets for sale haha. There is a highly anticipated MLS game on Sunday at Yankee Stadium - NYCFC vs Red Bulls and tickets will generally be exponentially cheaper than Yankees tickets. If the weather is nice you might like to check out Governors Island. It's an island in the harbor with pretty views! Free ferry service and bikes are available for rentals. It's a big park, basically. But with views. If you want to do Broadway but don't want to go broke check the venue's website for "rush tickets" policy. Usually you show up at the box office at 10 and get what they give you, but for significantly cheaper than if you just bought them thru telecharge or what have you. The seats may be obstructed view, though you usually aren't missing much. I've heard good things about Aladdin and an Act of God. As an alternative you can try the tkts booth in times sq. If you are going to do museums, the Met and AMNH are both suggested donations. I was at the Met recently and they have suspiciously removed the words "suggested donation" from the sign so it looks like the entrance fee is actually $25. It's not. It's pay what you want. I'd suggest $5. Unless you are loaded. :wink: Oh and remember on the weekend the subway does not play nice so don't rely on the maps - consult mta.info to make sure you don't end up the victims of weekend construction detours. And you wont have cell service underground for the most part. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions! :)

Thanks so much for this great info! I'm going with my family so, unfortunately, no time for concerts ( :frowning: ) but we'll still have lots of fun. We probably will do at least one museum so I'll be careful not to overpay, and will be extra-cautious about the subways. We will probably just do a lot of walking.

What do you think of the High Line linear park - worth a look or not? It's kind of close to our hotel. And where might a 15 year old be able to do some shopping with putting us all into debt??
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851

ldent42 said:

Thanks so much for this great info! I'm going with my family so, unfortunately, no time for concerts ( :frowning: ) but we'll still have lots of fun. We probably will do at least one museum so I'll be careful not to overpay, and will be extra-cautious about the subways. We will probably just do a lot of walking.

What do you think of the High Line linear park - worth a look or not? It's kind of close to our hotel. And where might a 15 year old be able to do some shopping with putting us all into debt??
    Century 21, it's a majorly discounted everything store, has seven floors including clothes and shoes. If she likes to shop this is amazing. Also be prepared to spend a day at any museum you go to and that still won't be long enough, but the Met. is amazing and I highly recommend it. Try to hit up the public library as well, it's a book lovers wet dream.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    High line is worth a go. I haven't been in a long while and they've expanded it since. Take 15 year old to 34th street for shopping. Old navy, h&m, and of course the flagship Macy's. I got my favorite lightweight hoodie ever in that old navy's clearance section during a freak sun shower. There's also a bunch of shoe stores and a Zara and Sephora. The whole block is shopping, from about 8th ave to about 5th ave. Plus you can pass by MSG. Oh and if you're into photography or electronics all the way down by like 9th or 10th is B&H. I love that store so much. So much it huuuuuuuuuurts. Def pop in if you or the kiddo needs new headphones. You can test out all the ones on the display just plug it in to your phone. There's a lot of tourists buying cuz it's cheaper here so you might have to use your elbows. Also the way they send merch on the tracks and stuff is cool lol. Century 21 is good too but I don't know if the one near WTC ever reopened, the one I go to is in queens & it's far even for me - not worth a special trip imho. But they do have nice deals.

Don't let the kid shop near the highline that area is all galleries and boutiques now. Some of the galleries will have free exhibits I'm sure the hotel staff could help you out with that.
    Oh and if you're gonna walk across the Brooklyn bridge take the train to Brooklyn & walk TOWARDS the city. I'll never understand why people do that in the other direction.

Traditional advice is Chinatown/canal st for bootleg purses but personally I don't need to be in that area so I don't buy stuff there. I usually just randomly catch them, last week there was a guy randomly outside my train stop. Usually if your see a dude with three huge bags, worn duffle or plastic garbage lightly tied at the top but they don't have permits so they move around. Good luck!

You also might want to install grub hub or seamless on your phone if your hotel has shitty breakfast and you're not a morning person.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    The Century 21 near the WTC was open and doing brisk business when I went in 2005, came home with way tooo many pairs of new shoes.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    How many pairs of shoes is too many?
    More than can fit in your closet?

What does WTC stand for ? (See, I am keeping thread integrity and asking a question)
    World trade center. One world trade had the observation deck open. its pretty cool, but it's $30 a ticket. The memorial is free, and I'd suggest a visit. Beware the feels. Shits crazy emotional.

What are you doing for father's day
    My daughter made a nice brunch - eggs benny from scratch (well, the hollandaise was from scratch; she didn't made the english muffins or the ham). I am bar-b-queing chicken souvlaki.

Did you call anyone for Father's Day?
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    No, my father hasn't really earned the title

Do you worry about your parents getting older?
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    yes, one of the reasons im moving home... to help out and have my son know his grandparents before it is too late.

if you could, would you grow a garden of fruit/veggies to live off?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    If I could, sure...I just don't currently have the means...as in I don't have a yard to grown anything in...we rent a duplex, but the yard is a joke...I couldn't grow anything but maybe some flowers in it....and even that is a stretch as it doesn't really have grass....it has weeds...lol But yes, when we have a home and I have my own yard, I would love to grow stuff to live off of...we'll see how good I am at it...as I've killed cacti...yes multiple. But maybe with hubby's help we can sustain a garden...lol

Do you prefer to drink tea over soda?
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    no

you like green tea?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Not particularly...I prefer black teas....green leaves a funny taste in my mouth...

Do you drink a lot of caffeine?
    Tattooed Dissident!
    No; no coffee, just a couple of cups of tea a day.

Are there any dietary supplements that you swear by?
    nope...I have to take enough pills between migraine stuff and bipolar stuff that I don't take anything else...

Do you like country music?
    Tattooed Dissident!