Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    They can be funny, but sometimes it's uncomfortable when you see your friends' kids watching them...

What scares you the most?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    my children in any danger

what scares you the most ?
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Same thing but I should add seeing them in danger and not thinking I could stop it.

If you were going to be ship wrecked on a desert island what is the one thing you would want with you?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    My split second, gut reaction to this question was "my kindle, loaded with a whole lot of books", but then where would I plug it in when the battery ran out? I guess I should pack a solar charger as well.

More practically speaking, would probably be the water filtration system I take hiking.

What is the one thing you need to pack when you travel?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    the book "Roots".

how big is your yard and what's in it?
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited June 2015
    An acre, filled with trees of all kinds, saskatoon,raspberry and lilac bushes, a thousand sq ft garden, two green houses, one very large lawn, flower beds, my four bin compost, ants(lots of those) and wildlife trails from the deer, moose and bears.

What is the highest number of neighbours can you see from any point in your yard?
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    edited June 2015
    If I stand on the second floor balcony way to many. Standing in my yard 5 houses.

If you could evict a specific neighbor from your neighborhood just because would you and why?
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited June 2015
    Yes, the list is long but the highlights include:
    1. Uses a gas powered pressure washer to wash his truck every night(this takes him about an hour)
    2. Has a different how small is my penis diesel truck that he idles for about half an hour every week. I've only seen him actually drive it twice in three years.
    3. Has had so many vehicles idling in his yard I have had to go inside to escape the fumes.
    4. Rides his quad around his 1/4 acre parcel of yard.
    5. Likes to burn plastic in the backyard.
    6. Is a douche who built his fence on my side of the property line, not on the property line.

Do your neighbours make you want to live in the middle of nowhere?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    No, most of my neighbors are nice.
    I would get a property assessor out to mark the property line and sue your neighbor. Here, if you don't do anything after a certain period of time, they will own your property.

What food do you despise?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Unfortunately, not many! Oysters (texture thing) and brussel sprouts (I tried them, and I just can't do it).

What is your favorite summertime food?
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Watermelon, of course!

Are you hosting a cookout on July 4th?
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    No, not hosting any cookouts on the 4th. Planning on relaxing, unplugged, in the North Carolina mountains that weekend.

Do you have any exciting plans for this weekend?
    RKCNDY said:

No, most of my neighbors are nice.
    I would get a property assessor out to mark the property line and sue your neighbor. Here, if you don't do anything after a certain period of time, they will own your property.

The property line was already marked, from an official survey, he left it there clear as day as he put his fence on my side of said marker. Tried to talk to him about it, he declined too make any changes, tried with the town but they said they couldn't do anything and if I wanted the fence moved I would have to initiate legal action. If I didn't have the acre and was trapped in some small square in the city I probably would have fought it. But as is I will just settle for disliking the douchebag.

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Unpacking boxes.

Do you have anything left in the tank on a Friday night?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nope. By the time I get home from the gym it will be time to become a vegetable for the night.

Are you a big go out on the weekend person?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I'm out much of the weekend but not at clubs or anything.

Is your house a mess right now?
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Sadly, yes. Been coordinating a rummage sale for this past week, pulling 12-14 hour days between work and the rummage sale. I have not been coordinating my house this week. That's next on the list.

If you still have toys from your childhood, which ones do you have? (I ask this as my husband has childhood Star Wars toys on the book case in our bedroom.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    I don't really have any childhood toys but I do have some childhood/teen books that I've kept. My mom is still the keeper of the toys; well, the keeper of all that childhood stuff. She has downloaded some onto me but knows that I'm not particularly sentimental so would probably chuck most of it. I do still have the collar and a coat from my childhood dog.

What do you still have from childhood?
    used to be my roman rings up until last year now its just a doll

what was your favorite toy as a child ?
    Weebles. The egg shaped variety that you would be able to swallow. I had a bunch of sets of Weebles. The circus, Mickey Mouse Playhouse, the submarine, the treehouse and the castle. (There were probably more.) Years ago, my husband found a Weeble that looks just like me and was made the same year I was born. Very sweet of him.

Same question.

My GI Joe toys. I had so much of it it and had so much fun with them. The cartoon rocked back then. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

What was your favorite movie as a small child (pre teenage years)?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Star Wars action figures. I had the Death Star, the wok village, an AT-AT walker....I wish I still had it all.

What's your favourite toy that you still have?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

My GI Joe toys. I had so much of it it and had so much fun with them. The cartoon rocked back then. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

What was your favorite movie as a small child (pre teenage years)?

The Disney version of Robin Hood.

Star Wars action figures. I had the Death Star, the wok village, an AT-AT walker....I wish I still had it all.

What's your favourite toy that you still have?

Don't have any (as above).

Did you like Disney movies as a kid?
    yes i loved them all

did you play most times outdoors as a child ?
  • TheiaTheia Posts: 145
    always outside, playing baseball, climbing trees, hanging out with friends

when was the last time you talked to your mother?
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Yesterday

Will you take your dad out this weekend?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    2 minutes ago (her telling me my tan above is not made of dirt and is purely related) surprise surprise looks just like this... just some useless information lol

when was the last time you spoke to your dad ?

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Unfortunate July 15, 2006. The day before he passed away. Still remember the conversation and can hear his voice in my head. I'm so grateful I called him and didn't rush off the phone.

What are you drinking right now?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • Cheap red wine

When's the last time you ate a hotdog?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self