Presidental nominee:

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    He kinda looks like a frog with a toupee

Doesn't he?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Yes he totally does

Would you trust to leave your pet in a kennel if you went on holidays?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    No. I have friends and neighbors come by. I dont trust kennels.

Do you prefer color tattoos or black ink only?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    depends on what it is...

do you have only b/w tattoos?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited June 2015
    Didn't we do this last night RKCNDY? I'm keeping my answer and question as is!

It depends. Personally, I don't have tattoos, but very much enjoy well done tattoos. Subject matter, the person receiving tattoos . . . there are a lot of factors into that. Sorry. Can't easily answer that one.

If you don't have a tattoo, but saw awesome work done by someone and would be absolutely guaranteed a tattoo that would be delicious looking (as in well done) would you consider getting a tattoo?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    yeah, having a hard time finding an artist whose work I like enough.

do you like sleeve tattoos?

- Christopher McCandless
    Both. Getting a new one in 2 weeks. Its a moon for my forearm to match the sun on the other forearm. Here it is:

Is a new tattoo the best 40th b-day/fathers day present ever?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Very cool tattoo, yes I think it can be depending on the receiver :)

What kind of restaurants do you visit most frequently?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    pubs, hispanic, and diners

Is there a type of cuisine you don't like at all?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    The whole avant garde cooking movement kinda pisses me off. If I order beef stroganoff and you give me some kinda weird custard in a fucking martini glass and try to tell me some bullshit about how it "captures the essence and flavors of beef stroganoff" I might just dump said custard on your fucking head.

Do you like the ESPN 30 for 30 films? And if so, what is the most recent one you've watched?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I've never seen any so I guess I'll say no.

What kind of treats do you build into your day so you can get through the not-so-good stuff?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Coming on here works pretty well, I also have a stash of dark chocolate in case of emergency and music - sometimes that is all that will tame the beast.

What kind of music do you listen to at work?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    I don't listen to music at work as I'm usually on the phone or walking the showroom. We play a crappy local radio station that "appeals" to the masses.

When was the last time you purchased a new mattress?
    2012 - had to after my house flooded from the top down. Not all bad though as I now have the best mattress I've ever owned.

When was the last time you bought a new couch?

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Just got one a few weeks ago. Moving to a new house that is 1000+ square feet larger forces you to buy more things.

What of your possessions is the last ones you could go without?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Photos (which would involve hauling the computer or the external hard drive out with us since most are digital) and whatever music we've amassed over the years. My husband had the bed built to accommodate his music collection. He might want to divorce me if that weren't included.

Have you experienced something that did require you to grab possessions and take cover/flee? (Tornado, fire, flood. Obviously, NDragon has.) Do tell.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Well, There was a tornado watch/warning and the tornado did come close when I lived in KY, we took all the animals and went out in my grandparents storm shelter...if that counts...In Texas, we stayed in the house during the hurricane and flood...

Did you ever played in the the remnants of a big storm as a child?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Absolutely! About an acre of my parent's yard floods when it rains a bunch, so we used to go jumping around in the temporary pond. It was great in the winter when we had a skating pond!

Would you rather a tornado type event or a snowstorm?

• Tornado. I hate snow.

Would you rather make out with someone who has been eating peanut butter, or cheesy doritos?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Peanut butter

Do you eat peanut butter off of a spoon?

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Occassionally if I really am in a PB mood....

Do you like Nutella?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Yes but there's milk in it so I can't eat it now, which is sad.

What is your deep dark secret junk food?

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited June 2015
    Spam. I haven't had it since I was a kid. But I remember the taste. The shameful, delicious taste. Judge me all you want times were tough!

Are you grateful to have been raised by parents who were not extremely privileged/knew tough times?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Yes. I grew up poor and that has been something that I have never forgotten. We weren't homeless, but mom worked and my dad worked a day job, then in the garage at night just to pay the bills. Sometimes dinner wasn't always something that you would have wanted, but bills (somehow) were always paid and there was always food on the table.

My kiddo just attended her last day of elementary school today. What would you tell her to prepare her for middle school?
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    edited June 2015
    Just be the brilliant asterisk that you are.

Did you tear up at the graduation ceremony?
    ELITIST FUK
    Yes, I did. My kiddo was able to get perfect attendance for the entire year (despite having some funky feeling days and having had 6 baby teeth removed), honor roll for the first time this year (she's been on merit roll all year, but her teacher had a habit of losing papers or logging them in wrong) and she won a presidential education award (as in, from the US President). Grades don't come easy to her. She works hard for everything she gets in school and to end an otherwise shitty school year on a high note is a great thing!

Did you ever earn different awards in school? If so, brag on. I promise, I'm done bragging on my kiddo. I needed to be proud mama for a minute here.
    You have every reason to brag about your kid--she is amazing!

The only award I can remember getting was one for social studies when I graduated from high school.

Did you attend a large high school?
    ELITIST FUK
    188 in my graduating class. Not huge. Not tiny.

Were you studious in school?
    The first couple of years: not so much. The last couple: definitely.

Did you go to college near or far away from your home?
    ELITIST FUK