Options

post of the fucking year!!!!!!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    AndySlash wrote:
    Read it again, I think you're misunderstanding. They ARE attempting to take care of it.

They wrote her first to say, "Hey, you have 115 charges, please send us your CC's phone/fax numbers so *we* can take care of this for you."

She replied saying she's OK with just waiting it out until they clear.

10C replied to that saying, "OK, but it'll take 7-10 days for that, so you may want to take care of it sooner than that being that it's, you know, 16k we're talking about." By asking for her to take care of it sooner, they were again suggesting she send them her info so THEY can take care of it FOR her. She understood and sent them the information they needed to do just that.

I know you're upset with things (I am with you in that they could at least acknowledge the myriad of issues here), but read a little more carefully before furthering the crusade.

Andy, we should be friends.. You're smart! I mean, your reading comprehension skills are fantastic! =))))

But in defense of MasterFramer, he is my friend and just looking out for me and the others here.. I am fine, but maybe some of the other folks that were using Visa debit cards or something of that sort could get hurt pretty badly not realizing what was happening when they would error and see nothing in their profile.. They probably would assume the charge didn't go through.. in a case like that, a hold can be just as bad as an actual charge because as we all know, we pay bills, write checks etc from our bank accts and if the money is all held up artificially, it makes the real stuff bounce.. you know banks, they don't just run a check through once and ding you for $35 bucks, they run it through 3 times in 3 minutes and ding you for $105 bucks! each check! Yikes. I hate checks and debit.. They SCARE me. Straightening out that mess would be a whole different ball of string.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    Funds should not be processed or held BEFORE the inventory step of the purchasing process... Can you imagine if a major online retailer operated like this? They would go out of business...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    I'm not saying don't be critical if it's warranted. I was just pointing out that your interpretation of that dialogue was inaccurate, is all, and that your response was based on that erroneous interpretation and thus not really "fair".

I would venture a guess that they are taking care of the most excessive cases and working their way down from there. As this example shows, there is more to it than just canceling the charge. They needed CC contact info and what not for them to help her, so this clearly isn't as easy a process as just cancelling the charge.

That said, the bottom line is still that this should still not be happening... at all. I could not believe they left the order page up all night so that folks (like me!) could stumble on a BUY button at 10PM and think it was their lucky night and try and order a set of tickets! I am curious how many holds were placed on cards after they closed up shop for the night. I know mine was one of them.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    Zanne wrote:
    Andy, we should be friends.. You're smart! I mean, your reading comprehension skills are fantastic! =))))

Well, you have quite the ability to take things in stride. I'm not so sure I'd be as understanding as you have been if I had 16k on my card as opposed to the $146 I have on mine.

So, kudos to you. I wish I had your... I dunno the word... I wish I had the ability to take these kinds of things as well as you have.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I'm not saying don't be critical if it's warranted. I was just pointing out that your interpretation of that dialogue was inaccurate, is all, and that your response was based on that erroneous interpretation and thus not really "fair".

I would venture a guess that they are taking care of the most excessive cases and working their way down from there. As this example shows, there is more to it than just canceling the charge. They needed CC contact info and what not for them to help her, so this clearly isn't as easy a process as just cancelling the charge.

That said, the bottom line is still that this should still not be happening... at all. I could not believe they left the order page up all night so that folks (like me!) could stumble on a BUY button at 10PM and think it was their lucky night and try and order a set of tickets! I am curious how many holds were placed on cards after they closed up shop for the night. I know mine was one of them.

Im not trying to argue with you but this just furthers illustrates the insane ecommerce solution the Ten Club has chosen to work with. I have had two different merchant accounts. When an online purchase is made there is a record of it. You can log into the backend and reverse any authorization or transaction that took place. If they would only pony up for a proper system. But they dont... they keep the same crap system, over and over and over again.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Zanne wrote:
    And to the person who asked if I had others working with me, no. Not even my boyfriend who has his own 10C acct.. see he was off work that day and ASLEEP, the bastage! It's just that once I got Santa Cruz in my cart, I kept clicking checkout, going through the process and getting that dreaded error at the end, so I clicked on check out again, etc, so on, so forth. Anyways..

HA! My girl was taking a nap on the hotel bed waiting for the fiasco to be over ... we checked out of our hotel 15-20 minutes late (opposed to an hour early) for this sale ... (and I had to pay an extra $10 to re-up the room's internet, which crashed rouns 10:50)

T'was me who asked about you and if you had a runnin' crew ... but more importantly, I want your internet provider for the next sale, if you could get through 115 times, you're doin' WAY better than I am!

Anyway ... if you're at the Berkeley show ... drop me a note, beers before hand! I'll get the first round seeing as your cards maxed out for a bit. :p

Goes for all you folks!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    jimed14 wrote:
    HA! My girl was taking a nap on the hotel bed waiting for the fiasco to be over ... we checked out of our hotel 15-20 minutes late (opposed to an hour early) for this sale ... (and I had to pay an extra $10 to re-up the room's internet, which crashed rouns 10:50)

T'was me who asked about you and if you had a runnin' crew ... but more importantly, I want your internet provider for the next sale, if you could get through 115 times, you're doin' WAY better than I am!

Anyway ... if you're at the Berkeley show ... drop me a note, beers before hand! I'll get the first round seeing as your cards maxed out for a bit. :p

Goes for all you folks!

I'll be in Berkeley for sure, Jimed.. be glad to have a beer or two with you.. and you can bet, if I don't get tix for Santa Cruz in the public onsale, I'll be begging outside the venue that night.. so maybe a second night of beer? =)

Oh, the things I used to do in Berkeley.. Beer is soooo tame! LOL *Has a foggy memory of People's Park!*

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    yahamita wrote:
    Not Sue! She will NEVER give up! Credit cards overcharged or not!

No bitching or arguing from me, because really it's such a trivial subject to begin with. It was more doubting than anything. And like you, I've been on this board for many years and will be for many more years to come regardless of my post count. I caught the love & happiness you sent =)

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    No bitching or arguing from me, because really it's such a trivial subject to begin with. It was more doubting than anything. And like you, I've been on this board for many years and will be for many more years to come regardless of my post count. I caught the love & happiness you sent =)

Peace,

RM

Great post!

Yeeeh, all buddies again...lets grap a beer, oh and something stronger for Sue...:p
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I'm lost here. So Speedy and Master hate the 10 club, but the person this thread is about does not? In any case, how the hell can someone go through that process 115 times, using 4 different credit cards no less..That's some dedication and maybe just a tad obsessive. I hope everyone enjoys their show(s)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm lost here. So Speedy and Master hate the 10 club, but the person this thread is about does not? In any case, how the hell can someone go through that process 115 times, using 4 different credit cards no less..That's some dedication and maybe just a tad obsessive. I hope everyone enjoys their show(s)..
    i dont hate anybody......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    i dont hate anybody......
    you just don't give a rat's ass...

Sue.. just read about your plight! :eek: Dayum!!!!! :hugs: Will keep my eyes open for you for extras - you definitely deserve them
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥