Options

post of the fucking year!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    amazon would NEVER issue a public apology. Doing so would admit wrong-doing and that's a big no-no.

really

Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos apologised for a random price test in which the price quoted for certain DVD's was randomised in order to test the relationship between pricing and sales.The scheme, which was apparently trialed for five days, was discovered after an Amazon.com customer discovered that the price displayed for a certain DVD dropped after he removed the Amazon.com cookie from his PC. Amazon.com have since refunded money to all those who payed more than the baseline price for merchandise during the experiment.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    nocodeman wrote:
    For those of you who said I just do not get it...I do...you are disappointed you did not get tix...and that's all there is to it....if you would have got tix you would not be complaining..right? Tell me no and you are a liar!

There really is not more to it.

You have FORUM to complain, and I have a FORUM to say give it a rest...you have no given right to tickets, and pearl jam and the 10C do not owe you a reason on why their server crashed.

But if you are wondering why the server crashed...see someone hitting purchase 115 times?

It dissappoints me that for few posts I do have on this site anymore that it has to deal with spoiled fans whom think they are above everything and deserve the world because they pay to be part of the club...why not more posts like hit your IPOD shuffle and name the first ten songs, your dream setlist, etc...these discussions never end with people arguing.

Again I did not get tix either and really would have liked to seen one of these shows...am I bithcing no...I am thankful that on the last full tour I sat in the first 30 rows 7 times....that's fucking AWESOME.

Seriously, you don't get it, do you?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Now THAT'S post of the fucking year ;)

ding ding ding we have a winner :) and I just spat sperm all over the keyboard

Why did you have a mouthload of sperm to begin with?

Im not sure I actually want an asnwer to that question...
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    The part where they tell her to wait 7-10 days and tell her to deal with it is "unfuckingbelievable". THEY should "take care of it".
    the part where the poor girls credit card got charged $16000 is unfuckingbelievable!!!!!!!!

the part where 10club makes her wait 7-10 days is believable.....because like you said .......they just dont give a rats ass!!!!!!!!

i hope i get my vedder tickets at 12:00 today....

so i can have them on ebay at 12:01......hehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Maybe not a tv, but you bet your ass they'd apologize. I fell in a department store once and a bunch of the staff as well as two managers ran directly for me. Two days later, the corporate office manager called to "see how i was doing" and to apologize for the incident.

10c know they've messed up. An apology wouldn't hurt.

We would get in serious trouble if we apologized. as I said, it admits wrong doing and most lawyers strongly advise against it. If you had sued the department store, their apologizing would have been held against them--- they couldn't have argued that it wasn't their fault.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    really

Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos apologised for a random price test in which the price quoted for certain DVD's was randomised in order to test the relationship between pricing and sales.The scheme, which was apparently trialed for five days, was discovered after an Amazon.com customer discovered that the price displayed for a certain DVD dropped after he removed the Amazon.com cookie from his PC. Amazon.com have since refunded money to all those who payed more than the baseline price for merchandise during the experiment.

Dont expect anything like that from the Ten Club... they like to publicly pretend nothing is wrong by saying nothing... it is really awesome customer service.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    come on???

and...

I'm.....

soooorrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

try it :)
    I need to apologize? For.....? Hoping that she was making a joke? Because the idea of a company charging a CC or a series of CCs for $16,000+ in a short span of time is absurd? I was hoping she was kidding because for awhile, it seemed like there was a chain of people coming out of the woodwork with higher and higher amounts of authorizations for tickets they'll never see. The highest $ I had seen before this was $6K or so. $16K is unfathomable, that nobody thought that "Hey waaaait a sec, something's not right here" on either her banks end, or the 10Cs end. So, no I'm not sorry I thought she was kidding?

Or are you saying the 10C needs to apologize? If so, yeah, I agree, they DO need to apologize. Publically, for sure. Privately, yes. And things need to be made right. And people should not have to chase down their banks to get these charges cleared from their accounts.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    dunkman wrote:
    really

that's a little different. Youhave to weigh your options and there are lots of things to consider.... will apologizing help to avoid a lawsuit or will apologizing open the door to a lawsuit? How serious is the issue at hand?

anyway... fascinating situation 10C has on their hands... and it's not even a pearl jam show! LMAO!
  • Options
    drsnjrg wrote:
    Or are you saying the 10C needs to apologize? If so, yeah, I agree, they DO need to apologize. Publically, for sure. Privately, yes. And things need to be made right. And people should not have to chase down their banks to get these charges cleared from their accounts.

The thing is, because I had to deal with this situation after a poster sale, the bank will more than likely tell you they cant do anything because it is an authorization hold from the merchant. The only people that can remove "in limbo" authorizations is the merchant who put them there in the first place.

The reason Ten Club wont reverse these authorizations is their merchant account probably charges a fee for each reversal. They need a new system... but they choose to keep this one... :rolleyes:
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    i just hope they get this server issue taken care of soon....

because im sure it is just a matter of days before STONE announces his solo tour....

and we all know how high the demand will be for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehe..........

dont gimme no lip
    dont gimme no lip..............

COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

because im sure it is just a matter of days before STONE announces his solo tour....

hehehehehehe..........

dont gimme no lip

COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd actually be more interested in this...than the Eddie tour...which I have zero interest in.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    that's a little different. Youhave to weigh your options and there are lots of things to consider.... will apologizing help to avoid a lawsuit or will apologizing open the door to a lawsuit? How serious is the issue at hand?

anyway... fascinating situation 10C has on their hands... and it's not even a pearl jam show! LMAO!

i dont agree on the difference... basically if Amazon allowed $$$$$ to be taken out of peoples accounts because of a glitch in their servers when the latest Harry Potter was released i'd bet that they'd issue an apology.. as should 10C.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

hehehehehehe..........

dont gimme no lip

COWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and his dance moves are legendary :D

hopefully this antiquated system will be updated
    before any more tickets go on sale.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    and his dance moves are legendary :D

hopefully this antiquated system will be updated
    before any more tickets go on sale.

True, the Stone Dance Party at London, ON was awesome. :D
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    jeeeeesus christ ten club skanked him good
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Zanne wrote:
    From the 10C

HI Sue.

It appears that your credit card has been authorized for an excessive amount of charges from multiple attempts to purchase tickets. However, you have secured 2 tickets to the Berkeley show ...

In order to settle the credit card issues, we will need you to fax your bank or credit card issuing bank fax number so we can contact them and have the authorizations removed from your account.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Replied by me:

Will they just "disappear" in the next few days if we do nothing? I think I tried 4 different CC's multiple times... Too much to think about if it will correct itself, otherwise I will do it.

Sue

Reply from the 10C

Yes, the charges will automatically be removed within 7-10 business days. Mind you, there are approximately 115 transactions under your name ... So you may want to take care of it sooner than later.

Thanks
    10C Staff

At this point I forwarded them all the info they needed to reverse the charges. THEY contacted me, I did not contact them. I didn't need to run out and spend 16k on any of my CC's in the next few days, plus, I have others and I keep a 0 balance on them all. I won't apologize for paying all of my bills on time and having good credit; Call bullshit all you want. This was never supposed to be something I was going to have to prove myself on.. I just thought it was funny because I didn't realize how many times I failed and then clicked "check out" once again. That's how it occurred. I finally let my cart clear later that evening and gave up. 10C handled my situation very well.

Peace

First off you didn't spend $16k, it's on hold and will be reversed eventually...the transaction did not officially go through. What you offered was no valid proof that you had 115 transactions processed for tickets. And honestly I don't even really care. I could easily write:

This is the 10c and it appears by our records that you have submitted 300 transactions, which will show as bending on our bank account/credit card.

Thanks,

10c Staff

...see how easy that was? lol
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    see how easy that was? lol

OK OK.. I prefer to spread love and happiness as opposed to bitching and arguing.. So I will leave it at this and send a bit of sunshine your way. Have a beautiful day.. stop and smell the flowers.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Zanne wrote:
    OK OK.. I prefer to spread love and happiness as opposed to bitching and arguing.. So I will leave it at this and send a bit of sunshine your way. Have a beautiful day.. stop and smell the flowers.

Peace

just curious ... was it just you that had those 115 transactions? Or did you have a few people working with your CC and password?

if it was just you, I want your secret on getting through! ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    personally ...

i think i might have given up after the 112th time....

but thats just me.....

heheheheheh............
    Not Sue! She will NEVER give up! Credit cards overcharged or not!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Zanne wrote:

Peace

Very well said! I believe you have been a true sport about all this. I dont understand why people feel like putting people down like RM is doing?
    He totally has seemed to misinterpreted your posts on here. I don't see someone who is lying, bragging and bitching about this problem. The opposite is what I see.

Hope to meet you some day at a show Zanne!

Have a great day you all,

"KUSHIKUSHUN!!" (look it up in a Quechua phrasebook)

:):):):):)
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Zanne wrote:

Peace

It's amazing how you have to defend yourself on this board.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    First off you didn't spend $16k, it's on hold and will be reversed eventually...the transaction did not officially go through. What you offered was no valid proof that you had 115 transactions processed for tickets. And honestly I don't even really care. I could easily write:

This is the 10c and it appears by our records that you have submitted 300 transactions, which will show as bending on our bank account/credit card.

Thanks,

10c Staff

...see how easy that was? lol

You dont really care but took the time to try to discredit her even further? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    It's amazing how you have to defend yourself on this board.

No shit... bunch of fucking idiots in this thread.
  • Options
    No shit... bunch of fucking idiots in this thread.
    Zanne is one of the coolest people i have met on this board....

she is just a genuine good hearted soul.....
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Very well said! I believe you have been a true sport about all this. I dont understand why people feel like putting people down like RM is doing?
    He totally has seemed to misinterpreted your posts on here. I don't see someone who is lying, bragging and bitching about this problem. The opposite is what I see.

Hope to meet you some day at a show Zanne!

Have a great day you all,

"KUSHIKUSHUN!!" (look it up in a Quechua phrasebook)

:):):):):)
    Let me just say this....This woman is one the MOST kind, giving, funloving, HONEST souls you will ever meet! I can't say thank you enough to Sue for all the kindness and giving she did for me during the 05 tour. No one has ever blessed me with the amount of free tickets and friendship the way she has. and yes, she does have good credit! I know this for a fact!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    From the 10C

HI Sue.

It appears that your credit card has been authorized for an excessive amount of charges from multiple attempts to purchase tickets. However, you have secured 2 tickets to the Berkeley show ...

I am SOOO glad you secured tix Z! I know it would work out :)
    I hope you enjoy the show!
    I'm hoping my luck changes tomorrow with the Vancouver tix :)

xo
    Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    The part where they tell her to wait 7-10 days and tell her to deal with it is "unfuckingbelievable". THEY should "take care of it".

Read it again, I think you're misunderstanding. They ARE attempting to take care of it.

They wrote her first to say, "Hey, you have 115 charges, please send us your CC's phone/fax numbers so *we* can take care of this for you."

She replied saying she's OK with just waiting it out until they clear.

10C replied to that saying, "OK, but it'll take 7-10 days for that, so you may want to take care of it sooner than that being that it's, you know, 16k we're talking about." By asking for her to take care of it sooner, they were again suggesting she send them her info so THEY can take care of it FOR her. She understood and sent them the information they needed to do just that.

I know you're upset with things (I am with you in that they could at least acknowledge the myriad of issues here), but read a little more carefully before furthering the crusade.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I am sooooo feeling the love from my friends I've made here. To the doubters, I'm not sure what reason I would have to lie.. I've been around these parts for a couple of years and if I wanted to draw false attention to myself, I surely could have found other ways to do it by now. I'm sure the 10C is just glad they don't take Amex at this point, because if they did, I might have clicked 11,500 times. And to the person who asked if I had others working with me, no. Not even my boyfriend who has his own 10C acct.. see he was off work that day and ASLEEP, the bastage! It's just that once I got Santa Cruz in my cart, I kept clicking checkout, going through the process and getting that dreaded error at the end, so I clicked on check out again, etc, so on, so forth. Anyways.. I hope everyone finds some way to get to at least one of Ed's shows. I imagine it will be an amazing and memorable experience.. and maybe this west coast thing is a test to see how demand is versus cost... Maybe there will be some more shows in different parts of the country later? CHICAGO! Bring it home again, Ed! =P~~~ All the nice people can crash on my couch! hehe

Peace and Love
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    I am sooooo feeling the love from my friends I've made here. To the doubters, I'm not sure what reason I would have to lie.. I've been around these parts for a couple of years and if I wanted to draw false attention to myself, I surely could have found other ways to do it by now. I'm sure the 10C is just glad they don't take Amex at this point, because if they did, I might have clicked 11,500 times. And to the person who asked if I had others working with me, no. Not even my boyfriend who has his own 10C acct.. see he was off work that day and ASLEEP, the bastage! It's just that once I got Santa Cruz in my cart, I kept clicking checkout, going through the process and getting that dreaded error at the end, so I clicked on check out again, etc, so on, so forth. Anyways.. I hope everyone finds some way to get to at least one of Ed's shows. I imagine it will be an amazing and memorable experience.. and maybe this west coast thing is a test to see how demand is versus cost... Maybe there will be some more shows in different parts of the country later? CHICAGO! Bring it home again, Ed! =P~~~ All the nice people can crash on my couch! hehe

Peace and Love
    arent you happy i started this thread and brought all this attention your direction??????

*RUNS LIKE HELL*

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...........
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    Read it again, I think you're misunderstanding. They ARE attempting to take care of it.

They wrote her first to say, "Hey, you have 115 charges, please send us your CC's phone/fax numbers so *we* can take care of this for you."

She replied saying she's OK with just waiting it out until they clear.

10C replied to that saying, "OK, but it'll take 7-10 days for that, so you may want to take care of it sooner than that being that it's, you know, 16k we're talking about." By asking for her to take care of it sooner, they were again suggesting she send them her info so THEY can take care of it FOR her. She understood and sent them the information they needed to do just that.

I know you're upset with things (I am with you in that they could at least acknowledge the myriad of issues here), but read a little more carefully before furthering the crusade.

Andy I misread this... but they obviously CAN reverse every authorization that has been put on people's accounts. There is proof right there... BUT they tell others to wait. They told me that there was nothing they could do when I had 8 $30 something holds on my account back when I tried to buy a poster last year. My Bank? They told me only the merchant can take care of these holds but the "club" insisted there was nothing to be done. Which is bullshit. This just furthers my point that the Ten Club has inconsistent customer service if at all... and yes I will continue to be critical of the Ten Club, things need to be different.