Options

post of the fucking year!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    that's why I made the comment, because that was my understanding as well that you needed a min annual spending of $250,000 and nowadays $250,000 doesnt seem like much when you compare it with what some celebrities make!
    I guess a good plastic surgeon could me moving that kinda cash...

They may publish that limit but you need to spend more than that in a year to actually be invited. The only huge difference between it and the platinum card is the personal assistant that is assinged to you. I have been told though, its not really worth it. My family member maybe going back to platinum.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    For those of you who said I just do not get it...I do...you are disappointed you did not get tix...and that's all there is to it....if you would have got tix you would not be complaining..right? Tell me no and you are a liar!

There really is not more to it.

You have FORUM to complain, and I have a FORUM to say give it a rest...you have no given right to tickets, and pearl jam and the 10C do not owe you a reason on why their server crashed.

But if you are wondering why the server crashed...see someone hitting purchase 115 times?

It dissappoints me that for few posts I do have on this site anymore that it has to deal with spoiled fans whom think they are above everything and deserve the world because they pay to be part of the club...why not more posts like hit your IPOD shuffle and name the first ten songs, your dream setlist, etc...these discussions never end with people arguing.

Again I did not get tix either and really would have liked to seen one of these shows...am I bithcing no...I am thankful that on the last full tour I sat in the first 30 rows 7 times....that's fucking AWESOME.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i love this place!!!

we're all fucking insane.....:p :D:D
  • Options
    and i guess Zannes story can.....

make the people who were saying...."if you dont have enough money in your account for something like this....then you should get your priorities straight"

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!
    luv it!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    cutback wrote:
    we're all fucking insane.....:p :D:D

you've got that right.

:D
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:
    For those of you who said I just do not get it...I do...you are disappointed you did not get tix...and that's all there is to it....if you would have got tix you would not be complaining..right? Tell me no and you are a liar!

You have FORUM to complain, and I have a FORUM to say give it a rest...you have no given right to tickets, and pearl jam and the 10C do not owe you a reason on why their server crashed.

But if you are wondering why the server crashed...see someone hitting purchase 115 times?

It dissappoints me that for few posts I do have on this site anymore that it has to deal with spoiled fans whom think they are above everything and deserve the world because they pay to be part of the club...why not more posts like hit your IPOD shuffle and name the first ten songs, your dream setlist, etc...these discussions never end with people arguing.

Again I did not get tix either and really would have liked to seen one of these shows...am I bithcing no...I am thankful that on the last full tour I sat in the first 30 rows 7 times....that's fucking AWESOME.

You still don't get it.... maybe before you work on increasing your post count with pointless arguments you should spend more time reading the main reason why many are complaining.... the main bitching HAS NOTHING to do with getting tkts or not... there are folks that got tickets and are bitching because the problem as I said has nothing to do with what luck you had with the 10C sale....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:

you are right...

the reason her account is short $16,000 is nobodys fault but her own...

the 10club has no responsibility for this happening....
    the 10 club did nothing wrong....therefore they owe nobobdy an apology....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    No you're right...I will not post here again...you rule because I do not post as much as you!

You have every right and I have none to tell you I think you are crazy.

I will attempt to get my tix just like I always have and enjoy the shows that I am lucky enough to attend.

Still pissed I did not get my shoes...is there a jordan forum you can point me to?
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    nocodeman wrote:

Have you even read any of the posts about some of the problems people have had, with money actually not being in their checking account right now, thousands of dollars, overdraft fee's and such?
    that is why people are a bit pissed.

if you have read these posts, and are still saying this, well then you my friend are a complete assbag!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    personally ...

i think i might have given up after the 112th time....

but thats just me.....

heheheheheh............

112th, 113th whatever it takes (Said with the tone from Michael Keaton from Mr. Mom).
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:

Sorry dude.. you dont get it. I got tickets to Vancouver, dumb luck at 10:01am right before everything went to shit.

My complaints stem from the total disregard for "customer service" ten club abides to. Everyone makes mistakes, no one, no company is perfect. BUT when your sole existence is to make money on the internet, selling Pearl Jam tickets, stickers, shirts, posters, socks... you should have a system in place that protects your customers. Not have a system that places a hold on an account for a product that may or may not be available. Further more these problems can be EASILY avoided. The Ten Club chooses to not fix these problems, they choose not to say

"Hey guys, we are really sorry for what happened, sorry you didn’t get tickets, not everyone can get them. As far as those holds on your accounts, we are working with our merchant account provider to get those removed from your account asap."

This happened to me last year when I tried to purchase the LA poster. Last year... it happens EVERYTIME there is a high demand sale, which is unacceptable.

Ten Clubs MO : Keep in service and antiquated system that will always crumble when it gets a few thousand hits, as well as hold funds for products that may or may not be available. Then when shit hits the fan... say nothing. We don’t have to because it doesn’t matter, people will always buy Pearl Jam shit. Who cares if we loose a few of our most loyal fans... there are thousands out there for us to screw over. As long as we are making money for Pearl Jam we are doing our job...

When you keep everything you do in business "In the fam". You run the risk of hiring incompetent people.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:
    No you're right...I will not post here again...you rule because I do not post as much as you!

You have every right and I have none to tell you I think you are crazy.

I will attempt to get my tix just like I always have and enjoy the shows that I am lucky enough to attend.

Still pissed I did not get my shoes...is there a jordan forum you can point me to?

Its not about the tickets dude... its about the low quality of service Ten Club chooses to run with...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Sorry dude.. you dont get it. I got tickets to Vancouver, dumb luck at 10:01am right before everything went to shit.

My complaints stem from the total disregard for "customer service" ten club abides to. Everyone makes mistakes, no one, no company is perfect. BUT when your sole existence is to make money on the internet, selling Pearl Jam tickets, stickers, shirts, posters, socks... you should have a system in place that protects your customers. Not have a system that places a hold on an account for a product that may or may not be available. Further more these problems can be EASILY avoided. The Ten Club chooses to not fix these problems, they choose not to say

"Hey guys, we are really sorry for what happened, sorry you didn’t get tickets, not everyone can get them. As far as those holds on your accounts, we are working with our merchant account provider to get those removed from your account asap."

This happened to me last year when I tried to purchase the LA poster. Last year... it happens EVERYTIME there is a high demand sale, which is unacceptable.

Ten Clubs MO : Keep in service and antiquated system that will always crumble when it gets a few thousand hits, as well as hold funds for products that may or may not be available. Then when shit hits the fan... say nothing. We don’t have to because it doesn’t matter, people will always buy Pearl Jam shit. Who cares if we loose a few of our most loyal fans... there are thousands out there for us to screw over. As long as we are making money for Pearl Jam we are doing our job...

When you keep everything you do in business "In the fam". You run the risk of hiring incompetent people.

it's a pity a lot of people don't seem to grasp this....well said.....
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    cutback wrote:
    it's a pity a lot of people don't seem to grasp this....well said.....

I agree...SOOOO many people seem to be missing the point on why people are upset...I think Masterframer has said it as well as it can be said, so thanks to him for his posts. :)
  • Options
    I know I got fucked.. I clicked that button about 10 times... I know! I know! i'ts not that bad compare to everybody else.. I didn't bother checking my CC..
    If I got overdraft.. well I guess i'm gonna have to eat everyday at my parents house and take the bus...

well, good thing my brother got a pair for LA1...
    after that I don't care anymore...

I can blame 10C.. I may get an apology.. now what!??
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:

Actually, this dude's position really is well-founded. He's not "wrong", nor is he "missing something"... he's simply illustrating different points, or seeing it all in a different light.

Sure, some kind of an "apology" wouldn't do any harm. It seems as though you people are feeling that Ten Club virtually went out of their way to wrong you. MasterFramer said "...when your sole existence is to make money on the internet..." I realise he was talking about the TC as an entity, but I still wonder, who are you referring to specifically? Point your finger all you want, but I doubt that there was some sort of a group effort in place to fuck you over. Right, yes, getting billed numerous times could very well fuck someone over, and that's obviously crappy. [Yeah, if you're getting billed not just thousands of dollars, but hundreds of $100+ charges within seconds/minutes, then your bank/credit card company is more fucked than L. Ron Hubbard. By the way, do we know if that story is just a load of old toss or not yet?]

Do the people who work for the TC do it simply out of the goodness of their hearts (in other words, for instance, is their own free time ever eaten up because of dealing with shit they have to deal with on say, their end)? I imagine most of 'em do, if not all, do to some extent... but otherwise obviously there's some kinda salary involved. . Perhaps I don't know enough about business (shucks), but do you really know of the cost of running a business? After the annual vinyl, and the postage for said vinyl, and whatever newsletters, everything involving tickets, the unlucky person who has to wade through a bunch of bullshit e-mails in order to get to the ones from folks with REAL 'customer service-related concerns', is there much left over? Does selling 150 [or whatever the number was for these shows] tickets - tickets which would have otherwise been sold through TicketDouche anyhow - really pay the bills? Shit, if they played at a college/uni. i was attending, and the venue only held 150, even then I wouldn't get my hopes up, let alone the whole fucking west coast (not to mention those willing and able to fly from wherever). While there's no doubt Ed plans to make some bucks doing this, i don't think the TC is really what's gonna afford him or the band one of the Hawai'ian Islands. Sure, it's a service we all pay for, but 115 clicks is totally fucking nuts. I'd really like to know what was going through the guy's head around say... the 66th and 67th click, for instance.

When you get food from a drive-thru, and it turns out "they" forgot an order of fries, do you drive back to shit down the necks of each and every McClerK? Do you then burn the place down and piss on their ashes? "It wasn't supposed to be like this! I wanted my fucking convenience right then and there!" I imagine the TC inboxes are full of fermenting feces.

I have this odd feeling, that in spite of all of this, that somehow life will carry on.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    Actually, this dude's position really is well-founded. He's not "wrong", nor is he "missing something"... he's simply illustrating different points, or seeing it all in a different light.

Sure, some kind of an "apology" wouldn't do any harm. It seems as though you people are feeling that Ten Club virtually went out of their way to wrong you. MasterFramer said "...when your sole existence is to make money on the internet..." I realise he was talking about the TC as an entity, but I still wonder, who are you referring to specifically? Point your finger all you want, but I doubt that there was some sort of a group effort in place to fuck you over. Right, yes, getting billed numerous times could very well fuck someone over, and that's obviously crappy. [Yeah, if you're getting billed not just thousands of dollars, but hundreds of $100+ charges within seconds/minutes, then your bank/credit card company is more fucked than L. Ron Hubbard. By the way, do we know if that story is just a load of old toss or not yet?]

Do the people who work for the TC do it simply out of the goodness of their hearts? I imagine most of 'em do, if not all, do to some extent... but otherwise I imagine there's some kinda monetary benefit for 'em. Perhaps I don't know enough about business (shucks), but do you really know of the cost of running a business? After the annual vinyl, and the postage for said vinyl, and whatever newsletters, everything involving tickets, the unlucky person who has to wade through a bunch of bullshit e-mails in order to get to the ones from folks with REAL 'customer service-related 'concerns', is there much left over? Does selling 150 [or whatever the number was for these shows] tickets - tickets which would have otherwise been sold through Ticketdouche anyhow - really pay the bills? Shit, if they played at a college/uni. i was attending, and the venue only held 150, even then I wouldn't get my hopes up, let alone the whole fucking west coast (not to mention those willing and able to fly from wherever). But anyway, all of that is based upon considering them to be an all-out business. While there's no doubt Ed plans to make some bucks doing this, i don't think the TC is really what's gonna afford him or the band one of the Hawai'ian Islands. Sure, it's a service we all pay for, but 115 clicks is totally fucking nuts. I'd really like to know what was going through the guy's head around say... the 66th and 67th click, for instance.

When you get food from a drive-thru, and it turns out "they" forgot an order of fries, do you drive back and shit down the necks of each and every McClerK? Do you then burn the place down and piss on their ashes? "It wasn't supposed to be like this! I wanted my fucking convenience right then and there!" I imagine the TC inboxes are full of fermenting feces.

I have this odd feeling, that in spite of all of this, that somehow life will carry on.

Im not speaking of "intent". Sure the people at Ten Club are not "evil doers" but after countless sales of sub par customer service at some point enough is enough. Just because a job is tough does not mean it should not be done... for example, read and respond to e-mails... call your merchant account company and reverse authorizations, even if it takes you all night.

I've said this before... if there was a line of communication that was OPEN, something where the Ten Club would communicate with the very people that provides them with jobs I wouldnt be upset at all, I got tickets!... there are many very simple things that the Ten Club could do to improve the quality of service they provide us. They choose not to... but you are right... oh fucking well, life goes on... still dont make it right.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    He deserves back stage passes after that.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    maybe this is part of the april fool's thing. maybe you all are supposed to get the tickets free in the end to begin with.
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:
    Post of the year....Blah blah...pitty me...the band owes me this, the 10C owes me that!

Seriously....A Lot of people did not get tix. And yes you need a new bank if they allow those charges.....and really in the end you were charged absolultely NOTHING....Because you like many of us did not get tix. So stop complaining and do not renew your membership...actions speak louder than words.

The next time you are at a show if the person behind you is an inch smaller than you are...you owe them a public appology because you ruined their view....speaking as a short person!

And Nike and Michael Jordan owe me a appology as well becuase when I was young I waited in line for shoes and didn't get them.... 14 years later I am still waiting....maybe you, me, and the rest of the babies should join start a pitty club.

PS 10 Club I wanted to take my wife to Santa Cruz as well...don't you think you owe me a pair of tix? Seriously...I never got the shoes either.

Oh Yeah....and I didn't get Vic tickets either....and had to leave the country the day after and missed Lolla.

some of you kill me how much you think you are owed.
    WOW :eek: Seriously get a life if it irks you that much... everyone has a fucking right to complain... especially with shit like this... it's not just like 'oh poor me, I did't get tickets even though I clicked for hours', if this isn't sorted out properly (which I'm sure it will be) it could affect peoples credit rating and shit like that... for tickets you DIDN'T get. And KNOWING ZANNE, I'd be seriously surprised if she thought she was owed anything... she missed out on tickets for the vic and still brought a load of cakes around to us.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Im not speaking of "intent". Sure the people at Ten Club are not "evil doers" but after countless sales of sub par customer service at some point enough is enough. Just because a job is tough does not mean it should not be done... for example, read and respond to e-mails... call your merchant account company and reverse authorizations, even if it takes you all night.

I've said this before... if there was a line of communication that was OPEN, something where the Ten Club would communicate with the very people that provides them with jobs I wouldnt be upset at all, I got tickets!... there are many very simple things that the Ten Club could do to improve the quality of service they provide us. They choose not to... but you are right... oh fucking well, life goes on... still dont make it right.
    Well said... it would be like walking up to a ticket master counter... asking for 2 tickets to wherever but the guy completely ignoring you... so after you've asked him 115 times, you give up and walk out... only to discover that they've decided to take $16,000 off of ya for a few days :eek: and you go back to ask what's going on and he still keeps ignoring you.

Does life go on? Course it does... but it doesn't mean that people don't have the right to get annoyed about 'stupid little things' like being charged $16,000 for something they didn't even get... even if they GET the money back.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    jecica wrote:
    So if he obsessively clicked 115 times for PG tickets, I wonder what he would of done before call waiting when the line was busy and he couldn't get a hold of his girlfriend?

:):):)

Kinda' OCD...

(just kidding... is it time yet to lough about this mess ?)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    a simple acknowledgment would suffice.

I agree.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Why are there still problems with the 10C system? We had major problems getting the Wembley tickets last year, we melted the server or something because of the demand. Surely this should have been put right for the future. The guy this thread is about has a bigger credit card bill than me.
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Why are there still problems with the 10C system? We had major problems getting the Wembley tickets last year, we melted the server or something because of the demand. Surely this should have been put right for the future. The guy this thread is about has a bigger credit card bill than me.

let me take it a step further -

Why are there still road accidents ? we had so many of them last year .. and the year before.. and before that...

my point is that whenever poeple are involved, mistakes will occur.
    im not saying that they SHOULD or MUST occur.. but lets be more understanding about it.
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    let me take it a step further -

Why are there still road accidents ? we had so many of them last year .. and the year before.. and before that...

my point is that whenever poeple are involved, mistakes will occur.
    im not saying that they SHOULD or MUST occur.. but lets be more understanding about it.
    :confused: but isn't this a computer problem? An entirely fixable computer problem!

It's not human error... and if it WERE human error a simple apology would probably suffice anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :confused: but isn't this a computer problem? An entirely fixable computer problem!

It's not human error... and if it WERE human error a simple apology would probably suffice anyway.

The computer did not design and implemented itself... :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    haha $116,000

she should get a ticket
  • Options
    nocodeman wrote:
    Post of the year....Blah blah...pitty me...the band owes me this, the 10C owes me that!

Seriously....A Lot of people did not get tix. And yes you need a new bank if they allow those charges.....and really in the end you were charged absolultely NOTHING....Because you like many of us did not get tix. So stop complaining and do not renew your membership...actions speak louder than words.

The next time you are at a show if the person behind you is an inch smaller than you are...you owe them a public appology because you ruined their view....speaking as a short person!

And Nike and Michael Jordan owe me a appology as well becuase when I was young I waited in line for shoes and didn't get them.... 14 years later I am still waiting....maybe you, me, and the rest of the babies should join start a pitty club.

PS 10 Club I wanted to take my wife to Santa Cruz as well...don't you think you owe me a pair of tix? Seriously...I never got the shoes either.

Oh Yeah....and I didn't get Vic tickets either....and had to leave the country the day after and missed Lolla.

some of you kill me how much you think you are owed.

you know what kills me? people tearing a strip off of someone who they don't even know, just so they can sound like a big man.... which you said yourself, you're not.

Zanne happens to be THE MOST kind, generous, and selfless woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my life. There's really nothing more I can say about it.
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,635
    That dude can hit it like the energizer bunny.

And I thought I clicked like a rabid motherfucker, I aint shit.