Options

post of the fucking year!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    relax people..............it is only 16 grand.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    nkobik wrote:
    let me take it a step further -

Why are there still road accidents ? we had so many of them last year .. and the year before.. and before that...

my point is that whenever poeple are involved, mistakes will occur.
    im not saying that they SHOULD or MUST occur.. but lets be more understanding about it.
    This is an IT problem. Servers not powerful enough, likely to get overloaded. Buy bigger ones, get an expert in to give advice. Businesses do it all the time. :p
  • Options
    nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    nuffingman wrote:
    This is an IT problem. Servers not powerful enough, likely to get overloaded. Buy bigger ones, get an expert in to give advice. Businesses do it all the time. :p

I agree.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nkobik wrote:
    The computer did not design and implemented itself... :)

:confused:

man designed the TV.. my TV blew up last week as i believe a fuse shorted.. should i bill the inventor of the TV for the repairs...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    I agree.

now you agree? make your fuckin mind up.. first you say its human error and now its an IT server problem :D

this place is making me lose brain cells at a rapid rate these days
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    A few more weeks and you'll be dribbling in the corner.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    :eek: $16,272.50??? for real?

for that much the band should come to your HOUSE and perform. AND do your laundry. and clean the bathroom.

Yeah. And Ed should give up his vegetarian thing for a day and fry up some meat for you.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    now you agree? make your fuckin mind up.. first you say its human error and now its an IT server problem :D

:)

ok. i'll explain. but in order to understand you must first relax.

first, i said that i agree because the "you need more servers" thing seems like a balanced criticism coming from a balanced human. unlike other complaints here.

now, lets be philosophic for a moment - if 10c have not as many servers as it should... common... there was a person who took the wrong decision. it is very funny that you poeple are trying to accuse a machine.
    BUT - you turn the whole discussion up side down. the discussion is not who's mistake is it, but how should you handle it. even if you're hurt.
    it could be a very balanced way like said before. or it could be less balanced. these less balanced criticism soon start overflowing to other directions : like poeple here saying "Hey fuckin' PJ poeple. you never toured my country... i'm paying lots of money and being pissed off". maybe it's a bit extreme situation but i often read comments here that are just unbelivable.

TOO MANY POEPLE HERE THINK THAT ONCE THEY PAID THEIR ANNUAL 10C MEMBERSHIP, THEY SHARE STOCKS OF THIS BAND. LIKE IT'S SOMEKIND OF PUBLIC COMPANY. THIS IS HORRIBLE TO MY OPINION.

hope you'll get you brain cells back. i'd be glad to help. :)
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    The computer did not design and implemented itself... :)
    See now you're coming up with stupid issues ;)

If they were using the most ancient form of computer would you blame the person who made it? Or suggest they upgrade?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    relax people..............it is only 16 grand.
    Now THAT'S post of the fucking year ;)

ding ding ding we have a winner :) and I just spat sperm all over the keyboard

Now somebody hand me a mullet before I lose my southern accent :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899

Alright Speedy, watch it! I know where you live! LOL.. and what you smoke, too =)

Peace brotha'
    Just me
  • Options
    OK.. and I will repeat myself in this thread as I did in the other one where Speedy grabbed my post.. I am not whining, nor complaining, just stating a humorous fact. I won't be jumping off any bridges or anything because I missed the Santa Cruz show, nor am I concerned that the 10C intended any harm to me or that my credit card companies will punish me for being persistent. I am not angry with the 10C. They did the best they could with what they had and I did not procure those tickets. Period.

Oh and thanks Civ for the words. =)
    Just me
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    :confused:

man designed the TV.. my TV blew up last week as i believe a fuse shorted.. should i bill the inventor of the TV for the repairs...

Thank you. you have given me the chance to clarify my point :

you can bill the inventor. you can bill the QA team that verified the product. you can bill the shipping company. basically you can bill most of the planet.

I'm trying to say that poeple here are obssesed with finding the person to hang in the city square instead of doing something meaningfull with their life.
    MAYBE YOU ARE ALL LAWYERS ??
    just accept that mistakes happen. mostly because human beings. try to be more cool about it. you'll live longer.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    nuffingman wrote:

After 4 plus years of having problems with online sales, I'm not holding my breath on this ever getting done.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    oh! i forgot.... Zanne, if Ed comes to do a personal show for you at the HOB, don't forget to call me!! i'll be right there.... front row.... in "MY SPOT"!! ;)

miss you baby! :p

MY SPOT!!!!!!!!!! mwahahahaha

See? Now, I'm not mad at 10C, but I'm pissed at Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip.. I still want my goddamned Fiddler's Green!!!!!!
    Just me
  • Options
    ding ding ding we have a winner :) and I just spat sperm all over the keyboard
    Er. What sort of job do you do? No smart arse replies from others please!
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    just accept that mistakes happen. mostly because human beings. try to be more cool about it. you'll live longer.

yeah you're right, the next time i order a new flat screen monitor for my PC and it takes 4 weeks to arrive instead of 48 hours and the screen is scratched to hell... ah well.. its a mistake, not to worry.. :)

i just got short changed at lunchtime.. now i am £20 down.. ahh well i must accept that mistakes happen!! :)

i ordered a fish dish for my little girls friend 2 weeks ago and i didnt know she was allergic to seafood... silly me.... but her parents should relax!!! i mean i made a mistake... and one day she will walk again and maybe her face skin will regrow... but i wish her dad would chill out!!! :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah you're right, the next time i order a new flat screen monitor for my PC and it takes 4 weeks to arrive instead of 48 hours and the screen is scratched to hell... ah well.. its a mistake, not to worry.. :)

i just got short changed at lunchtime.. now i am £20 down.. ahh well i must accept that mistakes happen!! :)

i ordered a fish dish for my little girls friend 2 weeks ago and i didnt know she was allergic to seafood... silly me.... but her parents should relax!!! i mean i made a mistake... and one day she will walk again and maybe her face skin will regrow... but i wish her dad would chill out!!! :)

i'm sorry for not being able to express myself more clearly. you are describing a very extreme interpretation of what i said.
    what you describe is unacceptable of caurse. but this is one extreme. the opposite will be spending all your day suing poeple.

i just say that balance behaviour is needed.
  • Options
    nkobik wrote:
    i'm sorry for not being able to express myself more clearly. you are describing a very extreme interpretation of what i said.
    what you describe is unacceptable of caurse. but this is one extreme. the opposite will be spending all your day suing poeple.

i just say that balance behaviour is needed.

and all i'm saying is that someone on here has had $10,000+ dollars withheld from their account simply because the 10club servers continually allowed her to repeatedly try and buy tickets instead of a simple bit of programming code which would stopped the money being charged to her account.. she'll get the money back but currently that person has $10,000 dollars 'pending' in her account and it means she cant use it. :)

thats a problem and its a wide spread one.. now if amazon did this to everyone on the day of a new Harry Potter release then they'd release a public apology... but 10club and the management of the band are immune to humility.. well so it seems at least :)
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Zanne wrote:
    OK.. and I will repeat myself in this thread as I did in the other one where Speedy grabbed my post.. I am not whining, nor complaining, just stating a humorous fact. I won't be jumping off any bridges or anything because I missed the Santa Cruz show, nor am I concerned that the 10C intended any harm to me or that my credit card companies will punish me for being persistent. I am not angry with the 10C. They did the best they could with what they had and I did not procure those tickets. Period.

Oh and thanks Civ for the words. =)

I'll call bullshit on the 115 clicks for an order. I had 3 systems up and running w/me and my spouse managing them to try and get tickets and I was only able to get through and "supposedly" secure tickets a couple of times only to get the "an unexpected error occurred" message after clicking the submit button. All the other times I tried to access I received failure messages way before even getting back into the "Goods" section, and that was in a 45min to 1hr time frame.

To say you got through 115 times and made it all the way through the process just sounds highly unlikely...or incredibly super lucky when you figure that only a few thousand people (likely more) were all trying to access the site at the same time.

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    I'll call bullshit on the 115 clicks for an order. I had 3 systems up and running w/me and my spouse managing them to try and get tickets and I was only able to get through and "supposedly" secure tickets a couple of times only to get the "an unexpected error occurred" message after clicking the submit button. All the other times I tried to access I received failure messages way before even getting back into the "Goods" section, and that was in a 45min to 1hr time frame.

To say you got through 115 times and made it all the way through the process just sounds highly unlikely...or incredibly super lucky when you figure that only a few thousand people (likely more) were all trying to access the site at the same time.

Peace,

RM

From the 10C

HI Sue.

It appears that your credit card has been authorized for an excessive amount of charges from multiple attempts to purchase tickets. However, you have secured 2 tickets to the Berkeley show ...

In order to settle the credit card issues, we will need you to fax your bank or credit card issuing bank fax number so we can contact them and have the authorizations removed from your account.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Replied by me:

Will they just "disappear" in the next few days if we do nothing? I think I tried 4 different CC's multiple times... Too much to think about if it will correct itself, otherwise I will do it.

Sue

Reply from the 10C

Yes, the charges will automatically be removed within 7-10 business days. Mind you, there are approximately 115 transactions under your name ... So you may want to take care of it sooner than later.

Thanks
    10C Staff

At this point I forwarded them all the info they needed to reverse the charges. THEY contacted me, I did not contact them. I didn't need to run out and spend 16k on any of my CC's in the next few days, plus, I have others and I keep a 0 balance on them all. I won't apologize for paying all of my bills on time and having good credit; Call bullshit all you want. This was never supposed to be something I was going to have to prove myself on.. I just thought it was funny because I didn't realize how many times I failed and then clicked "check out" once again. That's how it occurred. I finally let my cart clear later that evening and gave up. 10C handled my situation very well.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    From the 10C

HI Sue.

It appears that your credit card has been authorized for an excessive amount of charges from multiple attempts to purchase tickets. However, you have secured 2 tickets to the Berkeley show ...

In order to settle the credit card issues, we will need you to fax your bank or credit card issuing bank fax number so we can contact them and have the authorizations removed from your account.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Replied by me:

Will they just "disappear" in the next few days if we do nothing? I think I tried 4 different CC's multiple times... Too much to think about if it will correct itself, otherwise I will do it.

Sue

Reply from the 10C

Yes, the charges will automatically be removed within 7-10 business days. Mind you, there are approximately 115 transactions under your name ... So you may want to take care of it sooner than later.

Thanks
    10C Staff

At this point I forwarded them all the info they needed to reverse the charges. THEY contacted me, I did not contact them. I didn't need to run out and spend 16k on any of my CC's in the next few days, plus, I have others and I keep a 0 balance on them all. I won't apologize for paying all of my bills on time and having good credit; Call bullshit all you want. This was never supposed to be something I was going to have to prove myself on.. I just thought it was funny because I didn't realize how many times I failed and then clicked "check out" once again. That's how it occurred. I finally let my cart clear later that evening and gave up. 10C handled my situation very well.

Peace

pwned (or whatever that fucking phrase is) :D

i hope the guy who doubted you apologises :)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dunkman wrote:
    thats a problem and its a wide spread one.. now if amazon did this to everyone on the day of a new Harry Potter release then they'd release a public apology... but 10club and the management of the band are immune to humility.. well so it seems at least :)
    You nailed that one on the head.....well said, well said indeed.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    amazon would NEVER issue a public apology. Doing so would admit wrong-doing and that's a big no-no.

If I trip on a power cord at Best Buy do you think they're going to apologize and give me a tv? No way!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Zanne wrote:
    From the 10C

HI Sue.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Replied by me:

Sue

Reply from the 10C

Thanks
    10C Staff

Peace

holy shit zanne....that's unfuckingbelievable......:eek: :D
  • Options
    WOW. I'm glad everything got taken care of, but wow.

As one who said I hoped you were bullshitting, well, yeah I was. Because that is INSANE, to allow that many authorizations to go thru in the first place, both on behalf of the 10C and your CC companies for not being alerted. Hell, my bank once froze my card because I made an online order for 3 books, which they billed me for each seperate book. I had a phone call within an hour asking if I was aware of the charges and if they were in fact charges I had made. I had to go thru a bunch of steps to prove that yes, I did make the charges and yes, I did authorize them. That's why I had hoped you were BSing us, the whole thing is just crazy.

And I agree, it's not something you should have had to prove yourself on.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    and people complain about 65 dollar tickets

why cant people on this board just stop being whiny crabby bitches who do nothing but complain??? for the ammount of complaining you all do, you don't deserve tickets.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options

If I trip on a power cord at Best Buy do you think they're going to apologize and give me a tv? No way!

Maybe not a tv, but you bet your ass they'd apologize. I fell in a department store once and a bunch of the staff as well as two managers ran directly for me. Two days later, the corporate office manager called to "see how i was doing" and to apologize for the incident.

10c know they've messed up. An apology wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    The part where they tell her to wait 7-10 days and tell her to deal with it is "unfuckingbelievable". THEY should "take care of it".
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    drsnjrg wrote:
    WOW. I'm glad everything got taken care of, but wow.

As one who said I hoped you were bullshitting, well, yeah I was. Because that is INSANE, to allow that many authorizations to go thru in the first place, both on behalf of the 10C and your CC companies for not being alerted. Hell, my bank once froze my card because I made an online order for 3 books, which they billed me for each seperate book. I had a phone call within an hour asking if I was aware of the charges and if they were in fact charges I had made. I had to go thru a bunch of steps to prove that yes, I did make the charges and yes, I did authorize them. That's why I had hoped you were BSing us, the whole thing is just crazy.

And I agree, it's not something you should have had to prove yourself on.
    come on???

and...

I'm.....

soooorrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

try it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life