LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    to brine or not to brine.
    that is the question...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Chin up my Greek Brother!

Things have to look brighter...they just have too. ;)
    i know my friend..i know... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    Lizard wrote:
    that is the question...

BRINE!!

No one in my family ever does it, but I am this year and I am stoked!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    the rest of this week .... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    fondue is the best to eat before,during and after sex
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    that is the question...

BRINE!!

i have been watching the food channel non stop and i keep hearing it can make the gravy really salty!
  • Options
    add TV and you have the trifecta!
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

Fruit dipped in chocolate - yummy.... :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    that is the question...

BRINE!!

i have been watching the food channel non stop and i keep hearing it can make the gravy really salty!

well, I've never done it before, but I think first you have to make sure that you rinse the bird really, really, really good between brining and roasting it.
    i also think if you use homemade stock for the gravy and omit the salt (instead of store bought--even low-sodium ones) that it will help?
    Something acidic for the deglazing should offset it as well....apple cider?
    Maybe throw a potato in the bottom of the pan to soak up excess salt? That might also affect the other flavors in your pan drippings though....
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    mikalina wrote:

anything in chocolate is yummy
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

anything in chocolate is yummy
    chocolate is for the body not for eat..
  • Options
    A doctor in my office building as been charged with 21 counts of sexual assault and 22 counts of sexual interference on his patients, all of which are children :x And,...he is still working while he is out on bail, just not allowed to perform exams on children. Disgusting.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    I figured out a way to get away with wearing one earbud while working at my desk. Helps drown out the cereal muncher
    kp=happy camper :)

Every office has a breakfast boy... I hate them with a passion. At least have toast which can be eaten quietly!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    A doctor in my office building as been charged with 21 counts of sexual assault and 22 counts of sexual interference on his patients, all of which are children :x And,...he is still working while he is out on bail, just not allowed to perform exams on children. Disgusting.
    wtf!!!!
  • Options

*#&%µ! :evil:
  • Options
    I keep losing weight... Not good... :problem:
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    thanksgiving 8-)
  • Options
    wtf!!!!

I know, have to love our justice system :roll: He has been in the building all day but I can't imagine he has to many patients coming to see him, its on the news and in the paper. I know I would be finding a new Dr ASAP if he was mine...
  • Options
    wtf!!!!

I know, have to love our justice system :roll: He has been in the building all day but I can't imagine he has to many patients coming to see him, its on the news and in the paper. I know I would be finding a new Dr ASAP if he was mine...

disgusting.

dude has a lot of fucking nerve. He'd be lucky to get out of the office and back home alive if that was happening here.
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    dessert
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    wtf!!!!
    omg that's awful!!! It's a damn trip to say the least that they are letting him practice. Oh wait, I guess he has to be convicted before they interfere too much with his license to practice. :| :x
  • Options
    wtf!!!!

and everyone is parent must do the samefind a new Dr
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Only three more classes to teach today...then I get to go home. (!) :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    this is slow and strenuous ....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I gots to pack.
  • Options
    ma pop this skinny blonde bitch in these Black Friday Target commercials. As if the world doesn't hate white people enough?
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    11 days left...
    I am mine!
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    A nice, long bubble bath!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Sweet Jesus! G'nite :D
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    4 short days away from taking one of the most important tests of my life.Feel comfortable with almost all of what we will have to do/show on this series of CDL tests.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14