Comments

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    can i have this dance?

Why yes you may. :D
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I can't figure out GIFs...I'm computer dumb... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    yes yes YES!!!!!!

:lol:
  • Options
    can i have this dance?

i meant yes yes YES!!! (forgot to quote you, Dimi) :lol:
    forgive me as I'm slightly mentally deficient after a grueling 1 hr long interview that began with a written test! :shock:
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    my son has an earache.... :( those can be quite painful.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    sorry mik... :(

my daughter was prone as a young girl...
    many a night we cuddled up trying to get through the pain
    hope he feels better soon

they are so painful I had one as an adult some years back

I came to say this...
    'it seems so much later than it is ...
    takes a bit of getting used to '

now that is just dumb with what you are going through
    we used a warm hot water bottle and a lot of disney movies for distraction
    prayers for your boy and his loving Mama
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:

I came to say this...

Thanks Pandora.... :D

He's been battling a sinus infection and I'm sure its drained into his ear. I did put ear drops and its helped quite a bit with the pain.

Yes, the disney movies do help.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mikalina wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I came to say this...

Thanks Pandora.... :D

He's been battling a sinus infection and I'm sure its drained into his ear. I did put ear drops and its helped quite a bit with the pain.

Yes, the disney movies do help.
    oh bless your heart, so hard when your child is in pain
    nothing worse
    I am feeling for you mikalina hope you can both rest through the night
  • Options
    Time for a change...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Time for a change...
    changes are good...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    that foto you sent me.....bring tears in my eyes..thank you my Angel....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    that i'd love to be outside in this beautiful weather we're having in Sydney at the moment...that i wish i was over my flu/sinus infection...wishing that my girlfriends Crohn's Disease would F*&K off, and feeling useless because there's nothing tangible i can do but be supportive and loving/caring...
    i know i was born and i know that i'll die the inbetween is mine ---------------------------------------------------- FEB 11, 13, 14 Sydney 2003 NOV 7, 8, 18, 2006 Sydney NOV 20, 2009 Melbourne NOV 22, 2009 Sydney NOV 25, 2009 Brisbane MAR 18 & 19 2012 Sydney EV Solo JAN 26, 2014 Sydney FEB 12 & 14 2014 Sydney EV Solo
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    that i'd love to be outside in this beautiful weather we're having in Sydney at the moment...that i wish i was over my flu/sinus infection...wishing that my girlfriends Crohn's Disease would F*&K off, and feeling useless because there's nothing tangible i can do but be supportive and loving/caring...

Keep being loving/caring. It's what you can do and it sounds like it's needed. I hope you both feel better soon.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Um...I think I officially became what is the beginning of a "Hockey Mom" today. I went to the library, borrowed the board book, "Hockey Night Tonight", based on "The Hockey Song" by Stompin' Tom Connors. Then proceeded to go to Canadian Tire and purchased 2 mini-hockey sticks and 6 foam balls so our boy can play anywhere in the house. (Adding to the 3 hockey sticks and countless balls and pucks he has in the basement.) Then after dinner, we put on "The Hockey Song" on CD and sang along to the book with our son. He smiled so big, it blew my mind! So, yes, I am a Hockey Mom. Yes, I am Canadian. Yes, I am definitely proud of it all. If he chooses to not like Hockey as he grows up, I will remember how happy he was that I could indulge him when he did. I love you so much, my little guy. Then again, I just might be a mom who loves her son with every part of her soul.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,948
    ^^^ That's awesome Shimmy :D

I'm so full right now :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    ^^^ That's awesome Shimmy :D

I'm so full right now :(

Thank you :mrgreen:

What did you eat that made you so full?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,948
    Noodle Box Chili Plum - spicy Szechuan-style noodles with pork, chicken and shrimp. Yum, but I ate too much ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    That sounds yummy! Good reason to be full! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    torturous flirtations, how painfully wonderful.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    My hair loss and Seattle
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Drive is such a great movie :D
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    worst week of the year for me starts tomorrow, hopefully i can keep my shit together.... wish me luck :?
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    worst week of the year for me starts tomorrow, hopefully i can keep my shit together.... wish me luck :?

you got this, conman :thumbup: :mrgreen: :wave:
  • Options
    The forum is still on Daylight savings time when I post...is this weird? :think: Okay, onto the next thing...sleep.
  • Options
    Rani wrote:
    How can you marry someone that you have no relationship with?

"Wait 3 months and I will marry you."

Just when you thought you heard it all.

:roll:

That happened to a friend of mine... She met a guy who said "One day I'll marry you"... and she did :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Rani wrote:

That happened to a friend of mine... She met a guy who said "One day I'll marry you"... and she did :D

I wish it was something nice and/or romantic like that. That's a lucky friend of yours! :)

This is coming from an ex boyfriend, whom I left a year ago, who continues to call me from payphones only (he doesn't want to share his cellphone #...what a nut). I don't answer his calls, so he resorts to calling my mother. Which really, really irritates me, as I have asked him about a million times to stay away from my mother.

So he called my mom the other night, from a payphone, of course,(difference is she answers, I don't!) and he told her to pass on this message to me, that he wants to marry me, and to "wait 3 months" for him.

I will neither wait, nor will I marry this guy.

Calling my mother from payphones to pass messages on to me does not constitute a relationship. There are many solid reasons why I left him a year ago, and have continued to stay away. He ain't marriage material, that is for sure.

I'm trusting my gut on this one.
  • Options
    Rani wrote:
    Rani wrote:

I wish it was something nice and/or romantic like that. That's a lucky friend of yours! :)

This is coming from an ex boyfriend, whom I left a year ago, who continues to call me from payphones only (he doesn't want to share his cellphone #...what a nut). I don't answer his calls, so he resorts to calling my mother. Which really, really irritates me, as I have asked him about a million times to stay away from my mother.

So he called my mom the other night, from a payphone, of course,(difference is she answers, I don't!) and he told her to pass on this message to me, that he wants to marry me, and to "wait 3 months" for him.

I will neither wait, nor will I marry this guy.

Calling my mother from payphones to pass messages on to me does not constitute a relationship. There are many solid reasons why I left him a year ago, and have continued to stay away. He ain't marriage material, that is for sure.

I'm trusting my gut on this one.

Holy shit :shock: He sounds like a fruitloop... That's not romantic... just creepy. If I were you I would get your mum to change her phone number.

Typical me, seeing the positive in everything :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Um...I think I officially became what is the beginning of a "Hockey Mom" today. I went to the library, borrowed the board book, "Hockey Night Tonight", based on "The Hockey Song" by Stompin' Tom Connors. Then proceeded to go to Canadian Tire and purchased 2 mini-hockey sticks and 6 foam balls so our boy can play anywhere in the house. (Adding to the 3 hockey sticks and countless balls and pucks he has in the basement.) Then after dinner, we put on "The Hockey Song" on CD and sang along to the book with our son. He smiled so big, it blew my mind! So, yes, I am a Hockey Mom. Yes, I am Canadian. Yes, I am definitely proud of it all. If he chooses to not like Hockey as he grows up, I will remember how happy he was that I could indulge him when he did. I love you so much, my little guy. Then again, I just might be a mom who loves her son with every part of her soul.

how sweet...you sound like a wonderful mom!

that's the next thing I have to do, have a baby already! :lol:
  • Options

Don't lose that wonderful quality! Keep positive!

I'm like that, too, I saw the positive in him for most of the almost 4 years spent with him. Trouble is, I wasn't seeing the red light "bad things" or atleast I was ignoring them. But that led to unhappiness, because I lost myself in him.

I still believe in romance, and seeing the positive things.

Wish you the very best for your upcoming wedding! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rani wrote:

Don't lose that wonderful quality! Keep positive!

I'm like that, too, I saw the positive in him for most of the almost 4 years spent with him. Trouble is, I wasn't seeing the red light "bad things" or atleast I was ignoring them. But that led to unhappiness, because I lost myself in him.

I still believe in romance, and seeing the positive things.

Wish you the very best for your upcoming wedding! :mrgreen:

Good! I think people should always believe in romance, positivity and hope :thumbup:

Thank you :)