what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    samjam wrote:
    Well that was an interesting experience earlier. I get out of the shower to hear sirens outside and then get an alert text from school saying that a tornado will be hitting campus in 13 minutes. So, series of events that follow:
    -i proceed to freak out
    -i bang on my one roommate's door and tell her she has to immediately get out of the shower, there's a tornado coming
    -we look outside, it looks like the freaking apocalypse. then proceed to freak out more.
    -scramble to get dressed/put everything i need in a bag
    -go downstairs to some random dude's apartment, where there are about 20 of us
    -13 minutes pass, there is nothing
    -get a text 10 minutes after that saying that now, the tornado will hit in 10 minutes
    -get a text that says tornado will hit in 3/4 minutes
    -nothing happens
    -get an all clear text

SO SO glad nothing in that storm system materialized and that everyone ended up being safe!
    (Wow, that was long and slightly (or very) unnecessary. I really am doing well procrastinating studying for my communications test tomorrow :lol: )
    it's ok, cavstarr loves you :P
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    conman wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Well that was an interesting experience earlier. I get out of the shower to hear sirens outside and then get an alert text from school saying that a tornado will be hitting campus in 13 minutes. So, series of events that follow:
    -i proceed to freak out
    -i bang on my one roommate's door and tell her she has to immediately get out of the shower, there's a tornado coming
    -we look outside, it looks like the freaking apocalypse. then proceed to freak out more.
    -get a text 10 minutes after that saying that now, the tornado will hit in 10 minutes
    -nothing happens
    -get an all clear text

SO SO glad nothing in that storm system materialized and that everyone ended up being safe!
    (Wow, that was long and slightly (or very) unnecessary. I really am doing well procrastinating studying for my communications test tomorrow :lol: )
    Very true!! you beat me to it!!! :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    conman wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    -i proceed to freak out
    -nothing happens
    -get an all clear text

Very true!! you beat me to it!!! :lol:

Glad to be loved? :lol:
    Now I can laugh at that whole thing. But that really did scare me! Don't really get tornadoes in back home in NY (there is only 1 I can remember, hit a town about 10 minutes or so away, and I happened to be away at camp in another state when it hit anyway). So all the watches and this warning freak me out! Thank god no Wizard of Oz shit went down :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Hoping I can fall asleep now even though I'm totally beat tired, since I gotta get up at 4am to head out to Yosemite! :shock:
    Hoping I can fall asleep now even though I'm totally beat tired, since I gotta get up at 4am to head out to Yosemite! :shock:
    Chiquimonkey!!! I love you!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dang cav, you are one affectionate dude tonight
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Chiquimonkey!!! I love you!!!
    Wow, well thanks, lots of love right back atcha! :)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    dang cav, you are one affectionate dude tonight
    Rick, my friend, I love you!!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Lizard wrote:
    Ha-ha. Um...thx, buddy.
    do you know i am a girl? that's cool if you call girls buddy tho.
    ;)
    I do call girls that are my buddies, buddy.. And I love you

Cavvy does call girls

from 7-11

with chicken
    Rollings wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Ha-ha. Um...thx, buddy.
    do you know i am a girl? that's cool if you call girls buddy tho.
    ;)
    I do call girls that are my buddies, buddy.. And I love you

Cavvy does call girls

from 7-11

with chicken
    Hell yes I do!!

Girls and chicken.. I am powerless...
  • game 6 sunday miller park :mrgreen:
    game 6 sunday miller park :mrgreen:
    I love you! you national league son of a bitch!! :lol:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    you're american league?

I never met one of those
    Rollings wrote:
    you're american league?

I never met one of those
    Its exactly the same, only we are way better ;)
    Detroit what!?!!

I love all leagues and their respective fans.. :D
  • So much stuff it feels like my head's gonna explode :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • nsepstrunsepstru Posts: 187
    A little miffed I split up my PJ20 poster set by selling the Hampton in order to have enough $$ to by the deluxe dvd only to find the dvd sold out on the same day I sold the poster...oh well such is life. Now I have $$ for the ultra light titanium backpacking cookware I want.
    I'm not human...I'm Danish!
  • granma...its hard....and i need to be at work all day...hey,keep stronge there..please
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    FRIDAYYYYY! :D

(Oh, and a cup of what cavstarr had last night, please :shifty: )
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    So much stuff it feels like my head's gonna explode :(

What she said.

Except additionally I think my brain already exploded, along with a certain other vital organ..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    The receptionist just told me that I'm so cute she could eat me
    :? :think:

Still considering the offer :think: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    ugg 12-8 shift this week

sitting here killing time till I have to go to work, then knowing I have to stay till 8 tonight, fak
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • family...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cough syrup and a nap

wtf is it with the getting sick again?
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.

you might not be on a warm beach but you gotta take what you can get, right?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    granma...its hard....and i need to be at work all day...hey,keep stronge there..please

That doesn't sound good my friend, huggles to you and strength to your family xx
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    conman wrote:

So true. This might be the best I can do atm. There is a couch in my office :think: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    granma...its hard....and i need to be at work all day...hey,keep stronge there..please

hey, I wish you all the best for your grandmother. I hope she gets better again.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    conman wrote:

So true. This might be the best I can do atm. There is a couch in my office :think: :lol:
    :lol: there you go, all you have to do is close your eyes and pretend :P
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

I'm sorry Dimi, hope everything's okay, sending positive vibes your way!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    TOO much...
    :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow