what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Going to the Black Keys tonight.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I wish I had more money..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I wish I had more money..

It's a good thing Cavstarr313 is such a handsome man.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Haha! but no one pays me for that.. yet.. :mrgreen: I am considering making myself available for such things.. :mrgreen:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Boredom at work... Santa Barbara tomorrow.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

awesome!! have a great time!!

what's on my mind....
    it's too fucking hot here. ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think it's time for beer.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, my birthday will be exactly one month to the day after the Ed show.........
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, I really want to go see Ed next week, my birthday will be exactly one month to the day after the Ed show.........

so...what are you trying to say exactly?? i'm confused....

:D go see him, Lisa!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think it's time for beer.

you read my mind! how did you do that? :shock: :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    In A Manner Of Speaking
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

so...what are you trying to say exactly?? i'm confused....

:D go see him, Lisa!

I told Mr. RK I want to go see Ed and he goes: :| "I'll buy you tix to go see Chippendales"
    so I go: :| "I'd rather see Ed, you don't even have to come with"

again...I really want to go see Ed next week... :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    just go with a friend! that's what we do when one of us wants to see someone that the other isn't into. take a friend & have a blast!

btw---just got a call from Freed's. they're going to give us a discount b/c it's our anniversary! very cool of them! :D they're also using the same flavors that we used in our wedding cake...and Laurel has no idea. hehehehe :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    just go with a friend! that's what we do when one of us wants to see someone that the other isn't into. take a friend & have a blast!

btw---just got a call from Freed's. they're going to give us a discount b/c it's our anniversary! very cool of them! :D they're also using the same flavors that we used in our wedding cake...and Laurel has no idea. hehehehe :D

You know what goes really well with wedding cake?

Beer.
    mfc2006 wrote:

I don't have any friends that want to go see Ed as bad as I do...or that are willing to drop that kind of cash on 'just Ed' :roll: It would be my first Ed show too! ***fingers crossed***

and yay! I am SO excited for you and Laurel! That's also very cool of them to give you a discount! Matt's gonna win big in Vegas! (an I'm NOT talking about at the tables ;) )

Happy Anniversary Matt and Laurel!

- Christopher McCandless
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    mfc2006 wrote:

awesome!! have a great time!!

what's on my mind....
    it's too fucking hot here. ugh.

Thanks. I am excited and I have heard nothing but amazing reviews of them.
    RKCNDY wrote:

I don't have any friends that want to go see Ed as bad as I do...or that are willing to drop that kind of cash on 'just Ed' :roll: It would be my first Ed show too! ***fingers crossed***

and yay! I am SO excited for you and Laurel! That's also very cool of them to give you a discount! Matt's gonna win big in Vegas! (an I'm NOT talking about at the tables ;) )

hope you get to go!

as for the other thing... :shock: and.... :thumbup: haha!
    thanks for the tip & well wishes, Lisa!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Why was that police officer such a dick last night???? :evil:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:

what happened?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

what happened?
    Well, my Mum owns a Lexus and her lights usually come on automatically and it was starting to get dark outside but not quite 'night time'. Anyway, my little girl starts going off her face because it's been a long day for her and she's had enough so I'm trying to settle her down in the back when this cop pulls us over.

My Mum says "Aaaah shit, here we go!" and starts to get out the car and tells me that she is going to be super cool and be nice so we can get out of here as quick as we can.

I have my window down so I can hear bits of what's being said over my little one crying. Mum's explaining about her car and that's she very sorry about not putting them on anyway. He admits to knowing about Lexus's and how they come on automatically but that she's getting a ticket anyway.
    Mum says, "Really?? Ahhh fine. How long are we going to be because my granddaughter is really upset?", and then the cop turns around and starts yelling at her, "I could make this really hard on youand go through your entire car!"

My Mum is getting really upset and my baby is screaming by this point and the cop takes his time, checks her rego, gives Mum a breath test and then says to her, "I'm writing down that you had a shit attitude". So Mum says "I'll be complaining about your conduct to, my Granddaughter is really upset now and I could have had my ticket by now and been gone".
    He turns around and yells, "Yeah do it, I'd LOOOOOOVE it!!, your granddaughter isn't my concern anyway!"

It took me a good 45 minutes to calm my little one down in the end and get her to sleep and console my Mum who was really distraught and felt awful about my little one.
    Is it just me or are the police supposed to protect the community or threaten and imidate???? Fair enough about the ticket but there was no need for his attitude and his tone of voice.
    Don't get me wrong, there are alot of good cops out there, this one was just a tool! :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited July 2011
    I am very annoyed with mr dream right now. :x
    Ugh. I hate stupid arguments and avoidance tactics.

Loulou...that's horrid. :evil:
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

wow...what an asshole, Lorna!!! i've encountered some shitty cops before, but have never encountered anyone like that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wow...what an asshole, Lorna!!! i've encountered some shitty cops before, but have never encountered anyone like that.
    Nasty hey? He could hear my little one screaming and he still yelled at my Mother, wtf??? :roll: Yeah like THAT'S going to calm her down! I understand that my Mum should have checked but it wasn't even dark yet?? And at nopoint did my Mum raise her voice or swear.
    Thanks for listening to my adventures Matt! ;) Just had to vent!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Just played the longest (solo) set I've ever played before. The crowd was amazing! Best ever. Just a tad bit under 3 hours and 28 songs.

By far the largest crowd I've played for on my own.
    The last estimate I heard before I went on was 9,000.

Its still early, and now I need to find something to spend this energy on.

Coming down from this natural high is going to be rough. :)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    Just played the longest (solo) set I've ever played before. The crowd was amazing! Best ever. Just a tad bit under 3 hours and 28 songs.

awesome, man!!! yeah...playing live is hard to come down from. so what did you play? all originals? some covers? and where did you play? 9000 people is a LOT!! congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i think i am getting depressed. again. :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• RKCNDY wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Go alone if that's your only option. It's not the same but it's Eddie Freaking Vedder. My friend who loves Eddie/PJ as much as I do is moving next month. The STL show was our last night out. :cry: It was a great night though. :D
    Emily
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    mfc2006 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

awesome, man!!! yeah...playing live is hard to come down from. so what did you play? all originals? some covers? and where did you play? 9000 people is a LOT!! congrats!

Thanks Matt.

It started out as a small benefit for a little boy in local preschool. The entire township got behind it and it tuned into a festival with carnival rides and shit like that. I actually zoned out a few times and forgot lyrics because I kept watching the ferris wheel. Lol.
    9,000 is huge for me to get up and do my acoustic thing without a band.
    The better known local bands are on now and by the end of the night there will be twice the people here.
    The last estimate I heard now is 14,000. Its crazy.

Out of the 28 songs 12 were originals. Played some Springsteen, Harper, Leonard Choen, Gus Black and Pete Yorn, some Stones and Warren Zevon.

Opened with Long Road. ;). It was a good time.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    i think i am getting depressed. again. :?

be well.....sending good thoughts!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    awesome, Wolf....all great choices! i miss playing live...i really do. once we move, that will change! :D congrats again, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com