what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    mfc2006 wrote:
    my wife just called me...
    she ran to the store to pick up a few things...
    and while she was walking out a bunch of guys started shouting shit at her....
    wish i would have gone with her....

when i was single...sure, i'd look at an attractive woman...but i would never say anything. and if i did, it sure as hell wouldn't have been what they said. and i wouldn't have shouted it across a large parking lot.

she wasn't wearing anything trashy/revealing at all....
    and she called me in tears. fucking assholes.

sorry for the rant....it's safe to say that we're ready to move.
    I feel for her. Shit like that really rattles your sense of safety and can be pretty traumatizing. What a bunch of assholes.

On my mind: Hello weekend! :mrgreen: 5 days off! and if anyone tries to make me do anything...i'll cut 'em :twisted:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    mfc2006 wrote:

when i was single...sure, i'd look at an attractive woman...but i would never say anything. and if i did, it sure as hell wouldn't have been what they said. and i wouldn't have shouted it across a large parking lot.

I feel for her. Shit like that really rattles your sense of safety and can be pretty traumatizing. What a bunch of assholes.

On my mind: Hello weekend! :mrgreen: 5 days off! and if anyone tries to make me do anything...i'll cut 'em :twisted:

total assholes!
    and absolutely messses with your sense of safety. och. sorry mfc, hope the wife is ok.

cg - come to LI tomorrow....mauichick is visiting, sure to be much wine involved. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

total assholes!
    and absolutely messses with your sense of safety. och. sorry mfc, hope the wife is ok.

cg - come to LI tomorrow....mauichick is visiting, sure to be much wine involved. 8-)
    Sooo tempting! STB and I actually contemplated meeting up halfway somewhere and then decided against driving into 4th of July traffic :shock: Thanks for the invite! I'm gonna take a raincheck. This weekend I plan to fall asleep at the pool and not move until Wednesday morning :lol:

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

total assholes!

Sooo tempting! STB and I actually contemplated meeting up halfway somewhere and then decided against driving into 4th of July traffic :shock: Thanks for the invite! I'm gonna take a raincheck. This weekend I plan to fall asleep at the pool and not move until Wednesday morning :lol:

totally understand, i am not going more than 4 miles from home for the next 5 days. :)
    tho always feel free to visit, soon enough - i hope! - to be re-employed, and free time, what free time? :P
    so you ever want to come and hang, let me know.
    enjoy your 5 day weekend!!!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

totally understand, i am not going more than 4 miles from home for the next 5 days. :)
    tho always feel free to visit, soon enough - i hope! - to be re-employed, and free time, what free time? :P
    so you ever want to come and hang, let me know.
    enjoy your 5 day weekend!!!
    8-)
    I think I could use a nice weekend on LI :D I have the same plan...last thing I want is to be stuck in traffic! Thanks! Was so tired today my body hurt...and I MAY have nodded off in session :oops: :lol: Can't wait to sleep

• NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    why do things always go bad? i'm cursed
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm gonna kick everyone's ass in mini golf tomorrow!!! ;):lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Seriously, why wouldn't I want to move to Chicago??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Seriously, why wouldn't I want to move to Chicago??

Agreed.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    nice day today..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    that my Birthday is this upcoming Tuesday, and I'm so excited that I'm out here with my family to share my day with me, now if only I could get my Bro and his family from Cali out here, and my sis from K.C., the day would be perfect!!!
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Pitango Gelato opened another shop today! Yay! I'll order an affogato with stracciatella gelato on opening day.

yay yay yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Happy Birthday to my dad .... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm looking for my own little paradise....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Glad that my auntie got into a residential hospice today. She is comfortable with her decision, but she had a difficult evening yesterday and I felt terrible leaving her with my cousin and then going home for the night... it's not going to be long. :cry:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Glad that my auntie got into a residential hospice today. She is comfortable with her decision, but she had a difficult evening yesterday and I felt terrible leaving her with my cousin and then going home for the night... it's not going to be long. :cry:
    :cry:
    sorry to read that.
    I am glad she is comfortable with her decision....damn life is hard sometimes
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mfc2006 wrote:

what pigs, that pisses me off - some men think they can just yell out anything and it really does affect your sense of security, your self esteem and confidence :x today while i was in town shopping by myself these two boys were strolling down the streets, thinking they owned the place. shouting at strangers - nasty comments about their appearances, being so disgusting towards other women. they said something to me but because I had my iPod headphones in, foo fighters drowned out whatever they said. it made me feel so vulnerable and scared and upset and pissed off and humiliated at the same time - even in a street full of people. they were like 20-25 years old, i'm only 16 so i didn't do anything but i got really scared.
    they totally pissed everyone off but because they were so aggressive no one dared say anything. but it sucks - those kinds of people are just stupid and karma will get them :x
    i hope she's ok now matt
    Lizard wrote:
    :cry:
    sorry to read that.
    I am glad she is comfortable with her decision....damn life is hard sometimes

+1

sending my thoughts and good vibes to you and your aunty and family - stay strong x
  • i hate public buses - some drivers are really rude. :x
    and thanks to the woman who DIDN'T hold the bus for me, even though I chased it for 2 streets!

the relaxing read , with a panini and latte in Starbucks made up for your shittiness so I'll forgive you and hold back any bad wishes that you miss a bus too after running yourself ragged trying to catch one.

got lots of stuff today :D getting so excited for next week yay!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    My birthday is 4 days away!!! Am totally excited.. well except for the two years away from 40 part.. oh well isn't 40 the new 30??? so that's not too bad.. LMAO whatever I have to tell myself eh? :lol:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    my campers will be singing a cheer to the tune on the 'Dayman, whoa, fighter of the Nightman...' song from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia next week :lol: cannot wait to see this one!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I am a lame o. I bailed on friends for Canada Day.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Beach, margaritas, row boat flotilla, people wearing minimal amounts of clothing (for better or for worse), fireworks, guns, burning fossil fuels, left-handed smokes, Relaxation...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Too much to do and not enough time to do it all. Excited to go buy a new fridge but not excited to have to get it up a flight of stairs and to get the old one down. Also excited to have a grill out at my house tomorrow before the UFC fights, but not excited to put the damn thing together. I hate putting stuff together. And of course I have to clean up the house to the wife's liking because it was my idea to have friends and family over for the fights and a grill out and she's putting in extra hours at work tonight and tomorrow. But, it will all pay off because we'll have a great night with our friends, eat some great food, drink some beers and watch some people beat each other up.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,717
    Too much to do and not enough time to do it all. Excited to go buy a new fridge but not excited to have to get it up a flight of stairs and to get the old one down. Also excited to have a grill out at my house tomorrow before the UFC fights, but not excited to put the damn thing together. I hate putting stuff together. And of course I have to clean up the house to the wife's liking because it was my idea to have friends and family over for the fights and a grill out and she's putting in extra hours at work tonight and tomorrow. But, it will all pay off because we'll have a great night with our friends, eat some great food, drink some beers and watch some people beat each other up.
    Ya cant ahve the fridge delivered? Might be worth it to pay for it. That shit sucks. Have a great time.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Looking forward to going to the beach tomorrow... :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    thanks for the support/kind words, everyone. my wife is fine now...it just really rattled her.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • i think i might cry

i haven't cried in a loooong time

except when i watched Walk the Line and The Green Mile

but it's 2 a.m and I can't sleep

and my heart is heavy and full and I just don't know what to think

but I can't stop thinking
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    What's weighing your heart down PilateOfTheStorm?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    The fireworks were very cool. I bailed on going out but I am glad I went to watch them. This might be my only Canada Day in the nation's capital.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Maynard, your performance last night was...well... subpar. 90 minutes was all you could handle? Guess I'm a spoiled girl...I'm used to marathon performances.....ones where the boys LOVE to go beyond the norm... ;)

Glad I didn't spend money on drinks..... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless