what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Today is pure comedy. My client, Bo, comes into the office dressed like a combination of Capt. Jack Sparrow and D’artanian- lacy hat and all. I get him some breakfast, and after eating he leans back in his chair and puts his booted feet up on the table. He has his green child size ukulele and a 19 key casio that is missing most of the black keys and says, “Laying in bed last night I had my lady next to me and my little dog blowing in her ear. This song is for her…”

And he begins to play and sing:

Bo stop shooting you crazy bastard
    My bullets were bouncing off
    I can go downtown by the boy scout office and buy penetrating ammo
    Cops can buy night gear, swat gear, and some haz-mat gear
    But they can’t buy penetrating ammo
    When 9/11 hit I had just dropped off a bunch of dope to a buddy
    I know good god damned well George Bush had just bought a load of dope
    Because I had just made a run
    He never should have been in that school
    I miss those kids.
    God damn it George Bush

Then he gets up and swaggers over to me and says “call Geronimo, I’m on my way” he grabs his instruments and leaves.

I love my job…
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dear little Honda...my car
    oh the places that you took me,
    so very near, and so very far

all those trips
    to Long Beach
    Cannon Beach
    Rockaway Beach
    Netarts
    and Lincoln City

over the mountains and thru the pass
    over to the dry desert grass
    to Wenatchee, to Lake Chelan
    to Misoulla
    and Dillon
    thru Phillipsburg
    and to Butte

all the good times,
    in only 5 years
    and almost 100 thousand miles

you were a good little car
    a few accidents here and there
    you always seemed to make it thru

I am so sorry that after all this great driving around
    Mr 4and20 drove you into the ground
    :cry:

l_34ebf9fc8e4f47ff86527f57fb9a99db.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Wheres the image, good car poem kinda ala Neil
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Wheres the image, good car poem kinda ala Neil

I can see the pic...you can't?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    no maam
    >>>>
    >

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i can...what did mr420 do to the civic? or what did someone do to it?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    4and20 wrote:
    dear little Honda...my car
    oh the places that you took me,
    so very near, and so very far

all those trips
    to Long Beach
    Cannon Beach
    Rockaway Beach
    Netarts
    and Lincoln City

over the mountains and thru the pass
    over to the dry desert grass
    to Wenatchee, to Lake Chelan
    to Misoulla
    and Dillon
    thru Phillipsburg
    and to Butte

all the good times,
    in only 5 years
    and almost 100 thousand miles

you were a good little car
    a few accidents here and there
    you always seemed to make it thru

I am so sorry that after all this great driving around
    Mr 4and20 drove you into the ground
    :cry:

l_34ebf9fc8e4f47ff86527f57fb9a99db.jpg

:shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    what the hell? is the 10c being disciminatory by not letting canucks see the images...lol
    >>>>
    >

norm wrote:

mr 4/20 is a 'cocky driver' the guy who has to get ahead of everybody else....always scaring me by driving fast and getting close to other drivers. Always says "Don't you trust me? How long have you known me and I haven't wrecked the car?"

11 years Mr.4/20

Yesterday he leaves for work, and is again having to get in front, and the guy he is trying to pass won't let him pass, so he speeds up, and passes the car, then another car in front of him slams on their brakes, Mr 4/20 slams on his brakes, car goes out of control and he spins across three lanes of the highway, smashes into the guard rail, car flies off an embankment, and crashes thru a fence.

I have to go get him and stuff from the car.....it's 5am...I am very :evil:
    This is the third bad thing that has happened in the last 4 days
    Mr 4/20 didn't go to work yesterday...this is the first time he has had a really bad accident...
    (I need unlost to convince him to go to the hospital...he says he 'feels fine' (besides a sore knee)
    I told him we pay for the PIP 'go to the hospital'
    I went to the inpound lot (where the photo is taken) to get my doggie seat covers...they won't let me have a licence plate....I have the special plates that says 'We love our Pets' with $$$ going to local animal non-profits...at least they let me take my Seattle Animal Shelter frame.... :cry:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    norm wrote:

mr 4/20 is a 'cocky driver' the guy who has to get ahead of everybody else....always scaring me by driving fast and getting close to other drivers. Always says "Don't you trust me? How long have you known me and I haven't wrecked the car?"

11 years Mr.4/20

Yesterday he leaves for work, and is again having to get in front, and the guy he is trying to pass won't let him pass, so he speeds up, and passes the car, then another car in front of him slams on their brakes, Mr 4/20 slams on his brakes, car goes out of control and he spins across three lanes of the highway, smashes into the guard rail, car flies off an embankment, and crashes thru a fence.

Mr 4/20 didn't go to work yesterday...this is the first time he has had a really bad accident...
    (I need unlost to convince him to go to the hospital...he says he 'feels fine' (besides a sore knee)
    I went to the inpound lot (where the photo is taken) to get my doggie seat covers...they won't let me have a licence plate....I have the special plates that says 'We love our Pets' with $$$ going to local animal non-profits...at least they let me take my Seattle Animal Shelter frame.... :cry:

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    4and20 wrote:
    norm wrote:

11 years Mr.4/20

i think mr 420 and i would get along :lol:

always been a aggressive driver...i've calmed down over the years and the way people drive now a days, it's best to not be aggressive

your story reminds me of when i was in college with my 1981 honda prelude...i went to school only a half hour away from home so i was going back and forth all the time...let's just say i got bored so i'd try to make it as fast as i could :oops:

one day i'm doing my normal lane surfing trying to get around slower traffic and went to make a lane change, noticed a car where i didn't think there was one, over corrected and did a 360 degree spin surrounded by cars all going about 70 and managed to not hit anyone or thing except for the curb on the shoulder of the road :shock: :oops: :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Awwwww 4and20.

RIP little honda :(
    norm wrote:
    i think mr 420 and i would get along :lol:

always been a aggressive driver...i've calmed down over the years and the way people drive now a days, it's best to not be aggressive

your story reminds me of when i was in college with my 1981 honda prelude...i went to school only a half hour away from home so i was going back and forth all the time...let's just say i got bored so i'd try to make it as fast as i could :oops:

one day i'm doing my normal lane surfing trying to get around slower traffic and went to make a lane change, noticed a car where i didn't think there was one, over corrected and did a 360 degree spin surrounded by cars all going about 70 and managed to not hit anyone or thing except for the curb on the shoulder of the road :shock: :oops: :D

Yeah...mr 420 got a ticket for road rage a long time ago...you can PM me if you want to know the story....I am just glad that he didn't hit anybody else.
    Claireack wrote:
    Awwwww 4and20.

RIP little honda :(

thanks claire....

- Christopher McCandless
    Had the meeting to hand off my projects and responsibilities. The tension in the room was palpable. (Earlier in the day there were hurt feelings and conversations with the director about the revised on-call schedule.)

Mrs. Bossyboss announced what she was going to do. And then the others were left with the dregs, including Miss Stinkylunch, whose eyebrows were raised so high in disapproval that for a brief period they actually were floating in the air above her head.

I felt bad for the other two, who just kind of sat there going :shock: :( .

Yeah. I'm going to miss this.

So very much.

So very, very much...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Had the meeting to hand off my projects and responsibilities. The tension in the room was palpable. (Earlier in the day there were hurt feelings and conversations with the director about the revised on-call schedule.)

Mrs. Bossyboss announced what she was going to do. And then the others were left with the dregs, including Miss Stinkylunch, whose eyebrows were raised so high in disapproval that for a brief period they actually were floating in the air above her head.

So very much.

So very, very much...

BUT WILL YOU BE ABLE TO POST AT "NEW JOB"!?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

So very much.

So very, very much...

So now what? New job? Early retirement? Looking to take some well-earned vacation time out west hiking trails with eyed? What?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Claireack wrote:
    the stupid science home work and my latest crush wat else could be on a thirteen yearold's mind?????? :lol:

Black ops? Next meal?
    now that u menchin it i am hungery...
    “I told you from the start just how this would end. When I get what I want, I never want it again.” — Courtney Love

“If he doesn’t treat you like a princess, then he doesn’t deserve to be your prince.” — Unknown

“And we’ll move on and go our separate ways. Just know, I’ll miss you everyday, but things just aren’t the same.” — Unknown
  • 4and20 wrote:
    I sure hope he is doing okay. Be thankful he didn't hit anyone or hurt anyone else.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Faith No More's "king for a day" album is sooooooo good.. I suggest you all get it..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    lots & lots of lyrics are running through my head right now....time to log off, grab a pen & my guitar. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Faith No More's "king for a day" album is sooooooo good.. I suggest you all get it..

They're still together? I thought they broke up! Does Mike still do his Mr. Bungle stuff? Have to check it out....*makes mental note*

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:

They're still together? I thought they broke up! Does Mike still do his Mr. Bungle stuff? Have to check it out....*makes mental note*
    Its an old album.. mid 90's.. they are broke up but they did do some shows a year or two ago.. I know they did the download festival in the UK i believe.. still and all , great band and great album
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    4and20 wrote:

Its an old album.. mid 90's.. they are broke up but they did do some shows a year or two ago.. I know they did the download festival in the UK i believe.. still and all , great band and great album

after Angel Dust then.....

- Christopher McCandless
    Correct
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    That I just wanna go home :(
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300

+1
    Think it's my favourite FNM album
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Hoppy Feet - Clown Shoes Brewing
    mfc2006 wrote:
    lots & lots of lyrics are running through my head right now....time to log off, grab a pen & my guitar. 8-)

I must have inspired you with the "my butt is cold" post in CreeNations' thread about his ice fishing hut. Write on, brother.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick called with some funny shit. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Hoping for a snow day tomorrow. This four day work week is killing me. :roll: