Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

what's on your mind, right now?

1223622372238223922402242»

Comments

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,217
    edited November 26
    BLACK35 said:
    It's a frickin miracle as I've finally had my fence panels and posts replaced properly once a for all and for good, I hope. I'd be very surprised if anything from a gust of wind to storm whatsitscalled is gonna take this badass fence down. Thank you fence panel gods xxx

That's awesome, I'm kind of going thru the same thing, been a year now. Almost came down a month ago, I have it braced for the moment. Most likely be spring now before repairs happen due to the ground starting to freeze. I cringe every time we get high winds, I just have to block out what is going on outside or it bothers the shit out if me
    Well, it had been like that for a realky long time. We now have privacy. They also sorted out the garden. @Fifthelement i hope not, trust me they're full proof!
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,878
    dankind said:
    Can I be done now?
    Can I get in on this?

My mom is driving about an hour tomorrow to my sister’s. She asked, “Have you seen the news? It’s all over the place. There’s supposed to be this thing tomorrow: Thanksgiving Traffic.”

Oh mom. On the one hand, I’ve gotta cut her a break; she’ll be 90 next month. On the other, terrifying hand, SHE’LL BE DRIVING. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 15,845
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • tishtish Neither here, nor therePosts: 3,877
    My nephew experiencing homelessness on my couch downstairs. His dad, my brother, died while experiencing homelessness. I'm glad I made it out. But sad I can't help him.

Gotta show him the address to a (likely full) shelter since the 'free' recovery house beds didn't become available in the last week while I bust my ass detoxing him n getting him to meetings.

Happy happy Joy joy

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 23,878
    tish said:
    My nephew experiencing homelessness on my couch downstairs. His dad, my brother, died while experiencing homelessness. I'm glad I made it out. But sad I can't help him.

Gotta show him the address to a (likely full) shelter since the 'free' recovery house beds didn't become available in the last week while I bust my ass detoxing him n getting him to meetings.

Happy happy Joy joy

So sad. I wish him well. And fantastic that you got your situation righted. 
  • tishtish Neither here, nor therePosts: 3,877
    Thank you for your kind words and support, Hedonist. One of my two sisters that are doing well will take a turn and shelter him next... glad not to kick him to the curb.

• tish said:
    Thank you for your kind words and support, Hedonist. One of my two sisters that are doing well will take a turn and shelter him next... glad not to kick him to the curb.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to help him. Sending you love and hugs xxx
  • FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 6,716
    tish said:

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to help him. Sending you love and hugs xxx
    I echo WCD sentiments and will add, that I hope your nephew recovers and finds peace. (((Hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 3,900
    tish said:

Happy happy Joy joy

That is a really great thing you are doing for your nephew. I am rooting for him. He is very lucky to have you. I am really sorry about the loss of your brother. 
  • Death. 
    We are never  ready!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,279
    edited November 30
    How awesome my director at work is. He just surprised everyone in the office with the gift of new Airpods Pros. It was like Santa came early! And fwiw, the noise cancelling on these things is absolutely amazing. I'm really surprised that buds can actually work this well for noise cancelling.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 28,575
    PJ_Soul said:
    How awesome my director at work is. He just surprised everyone in the office with the gift of new Airpods Pros. It was like Santa came early! And fwiw, the noise cancelling on these things is absolutely amazing. I'm really surprised that buds can actually work this well for noise cancelling.
    my director wouldn't even buy us lunch. 

#accountants
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 15,845
    Home sweet home..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.