what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    My dad. I love you. I will miss you.
    I know that feeling. 

Did something happen?
    He’s dying. They unhooked everything this morning, including his defibrillator.  He’s not really eaten more than a mouthful a day for the last week and a half.  They gave him some more phone an hour or so ago, but he’s been fading in and out all day.  I FaceTimed with him twice today, but I don’t think he was aware.  We’re heading out tomorrow morning, but we live over twelve hours away, including a feet ride, so it’s unlikely that I’ll say goodbye in person.  I was prepared . . . But not really.
    I am so very sorry. If you are meant to be there when he passes, you will be there. If you aren't there, know that is okay. 

Just went through this with my husband 2 months ago. His dad made his exit pretty obvious. But...I told my husband the very same I told you. 

Your dad knows you love him. Never doubt that. 

I hope for a peaceful passing for him and for peace to be with you as you travel. Safe travels. Hugs to you. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Amy said it beautifully. I wish you and your family some peace through all of this. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    hedonist said:
    I know that feeling. 

Did something happen?
    He’s dying. They unhooked everything this morning, including his defibrillator.  He’s not really eaten more than a mouthful a day for the last week and a half.  They gave him some more phone an hour or so ago, but he’s been fading in and out all day.  I FaceTimed with him twice today, but I don’t think he was aware.  We’re heading out tomorrow morning, but we live over twelve hours away, including a feet ride, so it’s unlikely that I’ll say goodbye in person.  I was prepared . . . But not really.
    I am so sorry to hear this. I went through something similar with my brother-in-law a few years ago, but I can only imagine what it is like with a parent. I am so close with both my parents. My thoughts are with you and your family. I don’t think you can ever really prepare. 
  • Options
    My love is sent to you .
    Im not so good with words at these times. 
    Im thinking of you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts.  They mean the world to me.  He knows that he is loved and I do too.  Grieving is for the living and I know that he will be at peace.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    sleep. my god i'm on day 3 of no sleep. i don't know why. but motherfucker i need to sleep. 

fifthelement i'm so sorry for your situation. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    That sounds unbearable. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I know that feeling. 

Did something happen?

Fifthelement, I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you. ((hug))
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I just received word that he has passed.  I’m sat on the ferry admiring the breathtaking views in tears.  I know that he’s at peace now and am thankful that my mom was able to be there with him.
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2020
    Thanks everyone.  I just received word that he has passed.  I’m sat on the ferry admiring the breathtaking views in tears.  I know that he’s at peace now and am thankful that my mom was able to be there with him.
    Sorry for your loss. We went through something similar with the in law step dad in February this year.  My thoughts are with you xxx
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Sorry for your loss @Fifthelement..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    so sorry for your loss. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I’m so very sorry, FE. I hope when you get there, you and your mom can cry together and bring each other comfort (hopefully some smiles, too). 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort that he is at peace now.

• Options
    Thanks all🤗
  • Options
    I am so very sorry. What beautiful views to have as you reflect on a life passed on. 
  • Options
    the $300 i just dropped in the store.   :o
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    From yesterday.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    edited September 2020
    ^ Beautiful! Where is that?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    From yesterday.

Beautiful. I know you are going through a rough time right now. I hope being in such glorious nature helps.

• Options
    god it sucks living on the frozen plains of Mosquitoville. i need to convince my wife that we need to pack up and move somewhere that looks like that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Pap said:
    ^ Beautiful! Where is that?
    Heading east from Yoho National Park into Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains in Canada.

GlowGirl said:
    From yesterday.

Beautiful. I know you are going through a rough time right now. I hope being in such glorious nature helps.

It really does.  Perspective and all that lol

god it sucks living on the frozen plains of Mosquitoville. i need to convince my wife that we need to pack up and move somewhere that looks like that. 
    Yep, sucks to be you lol 😂 
    the three seasons of Manitoba:  Hot, Cold and mosquitos.  Come west young man 👏
  • Options
    I was talking with my cousin earlier, who's grown quite close with my mom.  She said something to the effect of how we typically see our parents as our parents, vs. their own people who had a complete history prior to having children.

I always knew this rationally, but it still hit home - and hard, for some reason.

Maybe because my mom is nearing 90 (and still out and about AND driving :angry: ), I know it's on me to make peace with what I still resent her for.  I need to forgive her, as I've done for myself.  I think I owe that to both of us.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I was talking with my cousin earlier, who's grown quite close with my mom.  She said something to the effect of how we typically see our parents as our parents, vs. their own people who had a complete history prior to having children.

I always knew this rationally, but it still hit home - and hard, for some reason.

Maybe because my mom is nearing 90 (and still out and about AND driving :angry: ), I know it's on me to make peace with what I still resent her for.  I need to forgive her, as I've done for myself.  I think I owe that to both of us.
    Oh, Jedi... :hug:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Surprised you didn’t choose The Who’s “A Quick One”. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Hadn't listened to that one before.  When Deb/The Weepies swing back by, it'll be a solo trip (my people will not go) but oh how wonderful it will it be to see live music again.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I miss you, dear friend. Life just isn’t the same without you. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

((((Hugs to you both))))
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:

((((Hugs to you both))))
    Thank you. I appreciate it.