Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    dankind said:

Ohhhhh Blabbertits
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

There's another car in the driveway now. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,489
    Beirut..what a tragedy..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    23scidoo said:
    Beirut..what a tragedy..
    Yes it is.
  • Options
    I find it curious that I sent an envelope in with absentee ballot requests for my husband, my mother-in-law and me.  The ballot request questioned was mine.  They are questioning my signature.  My husband said, "Your signature never changes.  Mine, however . . . "

My reply, "I find it odd that I am the only one of the three that votes at every single election, requested absentee and voted that way for the spring delayed election, but somehow now I am not being cleared for a ballot unless I fill in more information and send it in. Voter suppression? I think so."  :angry: 

I have voted at every election except for one (we had just moved) from the primary election when I was 17 to now.  
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    my exit plan...
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    my exit plan...
    That sounds ominous.  I hope everything is okay. Sending good thoughts your way.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fucking idiots who can't control their dicks!

I've been a fan of Drew Dreschel, who won THE American Ninja Warrior title, for as long as I've been watching the show.  For those who aren't familiar with it, the circuit has several different timed obstacle courses, some ridiculously difficult.  The endurance and strength these men and women demonstrate are inspiring, graceful, and just beautiful to watch.

So this guy especially was one of the highlights last season for me.  Seemed like an all-around good guy, married with a child, mentored kids, yada yada yada.  Plus he's so fucking cute!

And now, he's accused of having nude photos of an underage girl and traveling out of state to have sex with her.

So disappointed.  You never know what's going on behind the facade.

*disclaimer - I realize these are federal allegations.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    Fucking idiots who can't control their dicks!

I've been a fan of Drew Dreschel, who won THE American Ninja Warrior title, for as long as I've been watching the show.  For those who aren't familiar with it, the circuit has several different timed obstacle courses, some ridiculously difficult.  The endurance and strength these men and women demonstrate are inspiring, graceful, and just beautiful to watch.

So this guy especially was one of the highlights last season for me.  Seemed like an all-around good guy, married with a child, mentored kids, yada yada yada.  Plus he's so fucking cute!

And now, he's accused of having nude photos of an underage girl and traveling out of state to have sex with her.

So disappointed.  You never know what's going on behind the facade.

*disclaimer - I realize these are federal allegations.
    this is why i often find it so hard to admire anyone anymore. you obviously never know the real person. you think you know from what is presented to you, but (general) you just have no clue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    My husband and his lack of attention to paperwork. He said this is why he has me fill paperwork out before he goes. 

He went to get new tires and an alignment on K's car. He never bothered to notice they have the mileage 50,000 miles off and have him listed as living in a completely different city at a completely incorrect address. (Or is it? :wink: )

Dude, it isn't that hard.

After work today, I told him he needs to drive out and get the invoice corrected. We have a $200 rebate coming + alignment and tire warranties that are mileage dependent. I found the errors when I sat down to submit the rebate, which I couldn't do because the info was wrong. 

He phoned the manager at the tire joint today who is reprinting a corrected invoice and my love is driving out to get it. Tire manager dude apologized profusely. 

And yes, I made sure M knows his correct home address. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    edited August 2020
    The fact that I saw a For Rent sign on my favorite Thai Restaurant. When the restaurants first had to close down I made sure to order from them a few times to give them business. Then I noticed they closed. They never reopened. I was hoping it was temporary but the For Rent sign shattered that. I think I ordered from them at least once or twice a month for past 10 years. They had the best drunken noodles. Makes me sad 😢
  • Options
    I know what you mean. We’ve lost some beloved local eateries in the past few months.

That said, I’m surprised and happy that my favorite little Italian bistro I’ve been frequenting since the 90’s has somehow survived. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I have been surprised and impressed at how many local businesses here have been able to survive. I'm sure they had some tense times and maybe still do, but kudos to them all for their hard work. 

Right now the weather is beautiful and the city has closed many streets to vehicle traffic and allowed the restaurants and cafes to expand their patio seating on to the street, which is great. Yesterday evening I was out running some errands and walked by a block that was full of outdoor seating for restaurants on both sides of the street, and in the middle was a jazz trio playing. A bit of the good life in the midst of this crappy situation. 

I do fear for some of these places when the rain comes again, which is only a couple of months away. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I have been surprised and impressed at how many local businesses here have been able to survive. I'm sure they had some tense times and maybe still do, but kudos to them all for their hard work. 

Right now the weather is beautiful and the city has closed many streets to vehicle traffic and allowed the restaurants and cafes to expand their patio seating on to the street, which is great. Yesterday evening I was out running some errands and walked by a block that was full of outdoor seating for restaurants on both sides of the street, and in the middle was a jazz trio playing. A bit of the good life in the midst of this crappy situation. 

I do fear for some of these places when the rain comes again, which is only a couple of months away. 
    We have a lot of the outdoor seating as well where they closed the streets. It is really nice. I also wonder what will happen when it starts to get cold. NYC has not yet allowed any type of indoor dining. 
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    GlowGirl said:
    The fact that I saw a For Rent sign on my favorite Thai Restaurant. When the restaurants first had to close down I made sure to order from them a few times to give them business. Then I noticed they closed. They never reopened. I was hoping it was temporary but the For Rent sign shattered that. I think I ordered from them at least once or twice a month for past 10 years. They had the best drunken noodles. Makes me sad 😢
    That really sucks they closed!  I hope the city hangs in there and can make a big comeback in 2021.  I miss going in and having a blast in NYC.  
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

Tanker vs. car. Expressway shut down. People had to have died though no mention. Cuyahoga River caught fire. Sad, sad mess. 

No, I did not take this photo. I got caught up in the traffic probably 3 miles back and was able to get re-routed. Those families though. My heart is sad. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

if there is one positive out of all of this, it's how cities seem to be embracing foot/bicycle traffic more and opening up gathering spaces where cars used to reside. 

it only took a pandemic for these morons to figure out this is how densely populated cities should be. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    deadendp said:

Tanker vs. car. Expressway shut down. People had to have died though no mention. Cuyahoga River caught fire. Sad, sad mess. 

No, I did not take this photo. I got caught up in the traffic probably 3 miles back and was able to get re-routed. Those families though. My heart is sad. 
    Damn. I always think of those innocents when I see such horrific sights. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Lot of things..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Oh goodie.  It's spin cycle time.  How fruitless is the mind going 'round and 'round, over and over the same things. 

Spin cycle.  It sucks!  Don't go there, friends.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Oh goodie.  It's spin cycle time.  How fruitless is the mind going 'round and 'round, over and over the same things. 

Hang in there, Brian. I know what that feels like. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself today. Maybe get lost in a good book, or work on a puzzle - something that takes a lot of concentration. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Hang in there, Brian. I know what that feels like. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself today. Maybe get lost in a good book, or work on a puzzle - something that takes a lot of concentration. 
    What @GlowGirl said.

Plus, the spin cycle's not all bad. You've just got to make sure that the load is balanced. I had an ex learn that one the hard way. Ouch!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The load’s never balanced. 
  • Options
    The winder..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
  • Options
    ^^ Been a while since I heard that one. :smile: