Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Ms. Haiku said:

Atrial Fibrillation drugs aren't working. Going to the hospital for a couple days to try out a new drug so that the staff can monitor my response. I hope it works. I don't like hospitals. They make me sad.

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I hope it works as well, Ms. H.

For all the good they can do, hospitals suck.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Ms. Haiku said:

Atrial Fibrillation drugs aren't working. Going to the hospital for a couple days to try out a new drug so that the staff can monitor my response. I hope it works. I don't like hospitals. They make me sad.

I hope you find the most suitable medication for yourself too..

Slept heaps last night and don't understand why I'm still tired perhaps I'm low in iron
    Will soon fix that..
  • Options
    on my daughters pc now and found this to be interesting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9AajhoEYik
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm in the hospital and I'm so bored.
    I'm so bored.
    I'm so bored.

I'm so bored,
    and you?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I'm so bored.
    I'm so bored.

I'm so bored,
    and you?

Give you a game of word with friends if you like..
  • Options
    I'm in a chair near my hospital bed and outside the window a construction crane is extending and moving. It's like watching a lava lamp.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Too much on my mind I can't get to sleep
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    How fast these TDF riders are riding downhill 50+ mph. It's simply breathtaking.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    The terrible 3-nager mode
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Reconciling hope with futility.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited July 2016
    hedonist said:

Is it something we can help with?
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options

hedonist said:

Board related or personal life related? Is it something we can help you with?
    You're sweet for asking - thank you.

Not in my personal life, just more in general life. All of the recent goings-on, people's actions and reactions, our colors and how they're shown for better or worse.

I keep trying to see the former, as the little pockets of goodness and kindness do make a difference.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Board related or personal life related? Is it something we can help you with?
    You're sweet for asking - thank you.

Not in my personal life, just more in general life. All of the recent goings-on, people's actions and reactions, our colors and how they're shown for better or worse.

I keep trying to see the former, as the little pockets of goodness and kindness do make a difference.
    One of the people I am closest to in this world is black and every time I think I'm close to understanding his pain, he says something that mystifies me. And it's really difficult to see him that way and know that my words are of no comfort, that the roots of that pain are so deeply embedded...it's just painful all around.

• Options
    But however painful it is, we care, right? That has to count for something.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Oh hell yeah, it does. Better to feel, to give a shit, than not.

My family has experienced a shitload of discrimination, generalizations and overall ass-hatty behavior from others; I as well though in different ways. Empathy and understanding go a long way :)
  • Options
    I can watch the Os on television, yay! I love listening to it on the radio, but baseball on television breaks the hospital visit boredom.
  • Options
    Good to know you've got some nice distraction there, Ms. H.

Are you on the mend some?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Good to know you've got some nice distraction there, Ms. H.

Are you on the mend some?

It looks like the new drugs are keeping my heart rate stable, and I haven't had a bad reaction. About two more days of monitoring and then I go home.
  • Options
    i hope that left eye of yours sparkles for something right even though you live in family made stables it's really right of you to be at home close by dads
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

i hope that left eye of yours sparkles for something right even though you live in family made stables it's really right of you to be at home close by dads

I could completely re-write this with the assistance of some punctuation marks :peace:
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

I could completely re-write this with the assistance of some punctuation marks :peace:
    Punctuation is a wondrous thing, my mother seems to be allergic to commas....
  • Options

hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

Mine too, Jenny, but she's in her 80's. I try to cut her a break.

(often, I fail!)

On my mind and in my face and ears? Mitch Hedberg.

Anyone who can get me to laugh to tears?

:heart:
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

JWPearl said:

Mine too, Jenny, but she's in her 80's. I try to cut her a break.

(often, I fail!)

On my mind and in my face and ears? Mitch Hedberg.

Anyone who can get me to laugh to tears?

:heart:
    Dylan Moran can have me crying laughing :smile:

https://youtu.be/BJdprkOVyno
  • Options
    OK, I liked this all around (and he is cute as fuck, not sure if via mind or the appearance or both but who cares =) )
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,780
    Santa Cruz!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Only 2 hours until Orioles baseball. Counting the seconds!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ms. Haiku said:

Only 2 hours until Orioles baseball. Counting the seconds!

Hoping that you continue to progress in a positive direction with the new meds, MH!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Just a minute ago and without second thought, I said aloud and con brio, "fuck you!" as I snuffed out one lone ant on the bathroom floor.
  • Options
    It's been nice staying at daughters and helping her out but now I can't wait to get home..