Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Phone interview yesterday went so well they asked me for an in-person interview for next week. Over an hour away. 10 people in organization.

Phone interview today, and I'm the first one interviewed and it may take a while for a decision. Less than an hour away. 500 people in organization. I'd rather have this one, if I can get it, but I'll see how it plays out.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ms. Haiku said:

RKCNDY said:

They told me to be here at 10:30, drink a bunch of water and hold it. They still aren't ready for me and I have to pee...really really bad.

Doctor fun?
    Or BDSM stuff...almost the same difference sometimes :sunglasses:

Good luck with the interview(s)!
  • Options
    I'm drowning my anxiety in episodes of Absolutely Fabulous, and pounds of chocolate brownies. #LifeisGood
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,658
    Reprobating
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,784
    Life is just better with some Rosetta Stoned.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXJLQntCP0
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    The Chosen One?
    They chose me!!!
    And I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.
  • Options
    Idjits.
  • Options
    The poor souls in jail.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    vacation coming!!!!!
  • Options
    I love the Simps episode with hallucinating Homer and the coyote.

And still, idjits.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I am longing for a new PJ album.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Dreading going to DMV...and I'm not even doing it until tomorrow!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Sprunkn7 said:

Whatever they are called, in any country, these places suck the life from you! An hour or so you will ever get back!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,322
    Annafalk said:

I am longing for a new PJ album.

:flushed:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    "Oh please, let it rain today..."

Everything is coated in pollen. Please let it rain so it can wash it all away.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Zoi..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    SD48277 said:

Everything is coated in pollen. Please let it rain so it can wash it all away.

I love that song, Wash is brilliant. And there's a lot of pollen here too, it hasn't rained for a while.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    edited June 2016
    SD48277 said:

Everything is coated in pollen. Please let it rain so it can wash it all away

I'd send you some of our rain if I could. Flood warnings everywhere here today!

Post edited by Jogill on
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    23scidoo said:
    poso terastios/..ma poso!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sprunkn7 said:

I got in line 7AM, An hour before they opened and I was 60th in line. I was in with my number pretty fast but thats where it all went to shit! The computers were having problems and by 10:30 the whole state went down for a reboot. By 12 I was giving up but while chatting with a guy that was next to me all day, the computer came back up and they started calling numbers again! I got up to the window, all my info was going in, I had all the right forms and bam, she says I don't know what happened, the registration is saying void, then she hands me back my stuff and says come Tuesday, we're closing now and my computer is acting up....
    51/2 hours lost. I was pissed!!!!!

Back to the nightmare on Tuesday, I will have to take time off of work to go....grrrrrrrr!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ice cream truck! I hear the music :)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    45 hours until I leave for Bonnaroo :smiley:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Vacation, but not just yet
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Prayers and good vibes for my son's flight tonight :)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    The hijab, just thinking I'd really like to speak to someone who wears one and get a better understanding of their reasons for wearing it. The only Muslim I know is a Bosnian who doesn't observe that particular tradition
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

The hijab, just thinking I'd really like to speak to someone who wears one and get a better understanding of their reasons for wearing it. The only Muslim I know is a Bosnian who doesn't observe that particular tradition

There is a show called states of undress on Viceland. I cannot find the show, (the mobile version of the website is not user friendly). The host Hailey goes to different countries to talk about fashion, she does ask women bluntly if they like wearing the hijab...they say 'yes' but you can tell they really don't. It really has to do with modesty, religion and a rape culture (a woman that does not wear a hijab is to be blamed if she is raped-because men cannot control their urges). The show is really sad to watch.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    RKCNDY said:

There is a show called states of undress on Viceland. I cannot find the show, (the mobile version of the website is not user friendly). The host Hailey goes to different countries to talk about fashion, she does ask women bluntly if they like wearing the hijab...they say 'yes' but you can tell they really don't. It really has to do with modesty, religion and a rape culture (a woman that does not wear a hijab is to be blamed if she is raped-because men cannot control their urges). The show is really sad to watch.
    I guess I just worry that we're making all these assumptions and that just because it makes us uncomfortable doesn't mean that we have the right to decide it's oppressive on their behalf. Perhaps they genuinely do choose to wear it of their own free will and feel no coercion to do so. Yet even if they do, is it for the right reasons? Can there be good reasons for wearing it? I just want to understand I suppose? I don't want to make a judgement based on Western understanding
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,322
    A reason for Pearl Jam to come back to our beautiful country (Eddie said so, not me) after 10 years: Be the first band to fill the air of the Nikos Galis (stadium? - formerly known as OAKA Sports Hall) with nice melodies. And while we're at it, you could also add a second night and play at the second basketball stadium (the Nick Galis Hall) in Greece being named after the FIBA Hall of Famer.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Interview in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    Ms. Haiku said:

Interview in 15 minutes.

Good luck!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata