Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

How will my life change if I vow to only read books? No social media, no forums . . . just books, magazines, and newspapers like the old days. And only talk to friends and family in person, no more posts, just conversations. I feel like I've lost so many brain cells, and I never read real books any more. I waste hours a day reading shit on my phone. Every time I think about boycotting the new media, I find some reason to stay in. What would it be like to go off the grid?

I usually go to a festival every year and go offline, no tv or newspapers for 4 or 5 full days. It's freakin awesome! So far not going to a fest this year so I'm trying to figure out a way to unplug for that amount of time.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    This freaking migraine. :anguished:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I'm at dads we went fishing last night with the kids then out to dinner and out again today..
    Had great sleep I dreamt of Star Wars all night and we were back home but Vader was controlling the rulership at home and we were undercover and hiding my lover and I had a metal trade idea
    Was an awesome dream and went on for ages lol
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Communication is key :)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Ever have nights where you just don't want to go to sleep, even if you're knackered? Sometimes find myself just stuck to Facebook, clinging onto human contact, which has got to be a pretty poor reflection on my life...
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

Ever have nights where you just don't want to go to sleep, even if you're knackered? Sometimes find myself just stuck to Facebook, clinging onto human contact, which has got to be a pretty poor reflection on my life...

I think wanting human contact is a good thing. The time to be worried is when you no longer want the contact.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    SD48277 said:

I think wanting human contact is a good thing. The time to be worried is when you no longer want the contact.
    True. Even when I go into full hermit mode, I'm always still hoping someone will come looking for me. Suppose I haven't given up yet so!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

I do this all the time. Sometimes it's because I'm just not ready to be done with the day or face the next day, sometimes I just don't want to face the structure in my life, etc.. We all do it from time to time for one reason or another. Wanting human contact is not a bad reason, sometimes we just need it with no real definitive reason.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    dont open your mouth unless you have something nice to say to someone otherwise shut up.....
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

dont open your mouth unless you have something nice to say to someone otherwise shut up.....

You might be wise to take your own advice.....
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Trying taking some of your own advice sweetheart. You're the one who went mean and spiteful, find a mirror and look in it before casting aspersions.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    On my mind?
    :kiss:
  • Options
    :kiss:Back atcha, Jedi.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

JWPearl said:

Trying taking some of your own advice sweetheart. You're the one who went mean and spiteful, find a mirror and look in it before casting aspersions.
    you started it
    dont need opinions from the likes of a person like you....
    if i listened to you id be condemned...
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

you started it
    You were the one who judged. Judge not lest ye be judged, right?

Perhaps you didn't mean what you said in the way it came out, but it didn't come out nice at all.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

you started it
    I like condemnation, it helps breed the evil that seethes beneath. Just my bag I guess.

• Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507

checking in, haven't been on the boards in a while. should be sleeping but wide awake. listening to alice in chains and thinking. i am finally moving out of my parent's house at 25 years old, moving in with my boyfriend. no where near ready for the move this weekend. i. hate. packing. :neutral: excited for new beginnings though!

UPDATE: moved the boyfriend in today, have yet to do my stuff. i am still at my parents. currently trying to rest because i think i sprained my freaking ankle. only me, i swear. *sigh* :cry:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    trying to sleep but can't but I am going to try and sleep bc I need it...so tired
  • Options
    Missed the Walking Dead last night and everyone is whispering around me so I can't hear what happened. Cant wait till 5 and go home to On Demand!
  • Options
    had the strangest dreams just now
    can't even to begin to explain lol.....
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    hedonist said:

Nami said:

how the end of in my tree still gives me chills to this day...

had my eyes peeled both wide open and i got a glimpse of my innocence,...got back my inner sense..baby got it ...still got it

i always sing ..still got it still got it... fucking amazing song.

Nami, that's one of the few songs (and specifically/ironically? the lyrics you wrote especially but also, no more crowbars to my head and leaf-trading - I consider "mine" - as in, personal, got me here, to this place and to this life. This perspective.

what dreams...I don't know I could do it permanently but the concept is enticing as hell.
    I completely understand your personal connection as this song has been important to me throughout the various stages of my life as well. one view ive always taken with this tune, is that, through out the bs witnessed in life, (struggle, negativity, and all the forces that seem to work against you), at the end of the day you remain true to oneself and uphold your values/ innocence.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,720
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    this is so sad scidoo
    if only divine intervention could
    happen much much faster
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    JWPearl said:

this is so sad scidoo
    if only divine intervention could
    happen much much faster

This is definitely sad :(
    but what does divine intervention have to do with anything?
    Why not just be a decent human and stop harming other humans?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG, :hug: You are awesome.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

FrankieG, :hug: You are awesome.

this
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,488
    For this tour, can we all make t shirts with our usernames on them so I can walk around giggling to myself.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,530
    Malroth said:

For this tour, can we all make t shirts with our usernames on them so I can walk around giggling to myself.

Good idea! :lightbulb:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Malroth said:

I think someone suggested that at PJ20, we carry around an item related to our board name. Empty glass didn't want to carry around an empty glass..
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    just how much this bird makes me LOL ~
    https://youtu.be/S5GIa606m0E
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"