Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    Jogill said:

wondering if 'cat' people are cat people because they like the wildness of cats while dog people like the domestication of a dog. Cats do pretty much what they want while a dog can be trained and people like that about them. They are very different animals and people are pretty polarised as to which they prefer. Just wondering.....

There is even a thread for that! :)

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/197837/dogs-or-cats/p5
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Jogill said:

wondering if 'cat' people are cat people because they like the wildness of cats while dog people like the domestication of a dog. Cats do pretty much what they want while a dog can be trained and people like that about them. They are very different animals and people are pretty polarised as to which they prefer. Just wondering.....

I have always owned a cat. Losing the last one was tough and it took me a few years to get back on the horse so to speak. However you bring up a great point. Maybe I'm somewhere in between b/c I have owned dogs also. As anyone who has owned a Siamese knows they demand a lot of attention. Fen is always meowing out the window when my car pulls in then he runs over and meets me at the door. He follows me around, loves to play catch and I walk him on a harness. I live in a city so roaming about is a no no...He is also a beggar for food. Cook any kind of meat or chicken and he's all over it. So a cat he is...but sometime he thinks he thinks he's a dog and I love that about him.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Jogill said:

I'm a "cat person" cuz my dad was allergic to dogs. So I don't have experience caring for a dog, which makes me hesitant to consider ever adopting one. They are a lot more high maintenance than cats. They have to be bathed and given hair cuts in addition to walking twice daily. It's more work than cats.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited September 2015
    Sprunkn7 said:

Jogill said:

I have always owned a cat. Losing the last one was tough and it took me a few years to get back on the horse so to speak. However you bring up a great point. Maybe I'm somewhere in between b/c I have owned dogs also. As anyone who has owned a Siamese knows they demand a lot of attention. Fen is always meowing out the window when my car pulls in then he runs over and meets me at the door. He follows me around, loves to play catch and I walk him on a harness. I live in a city so roaming about is a no no...He is also a beggar for food. Cook any kind of meat or chicken and he's all over it. So a cat he is...but sometime he thinks he thinks he's a dog and I love that about him.
    I love dogs and cats. Dogs are great and I would love to have one. But cats are so much easier. Dogs are simply too high maintenance care-wise for me (and much more expensive too). But as for cats being more standoffish or independent... yes, as far as being able to leave them for longer, but other than that, my cat is super needy. She is totally obsessed with me and would never turn her asshole at me, lol. She is all over me all the time, to the point where it's annoying. But i still don't have to rush home and walk her, and that is why I choose a cat. When I retire I might consider a dog... even then, I'm not sure i like the idea of being as tied down as a dog would make me. Actually, I don't know if I'll even have another cat after my current one. I have had cats for most of my life, and love them as pets, but honestly, the cat hair is driving me nuts, and it would be nice to not have to ever worry about paying vet bills. I might try going without a pet. But I'm not sure how long I would last because of the positives, since there are several of those too. But man, it would be amazing to be able to sit down in black clothing.... or even wear 'outside clothes' in my home, lol. As it is, I change and hang up my clothes the second I get in the door, always, and change into my 'cat hair clothes'. It's kind of a drag, lol. It would also be nice to not have to Swiffer the floor every damn day.
    (On the other hand.... she is lying right by head this very second, purring and licking my cheek and kneading my shoulder, and it's fucking adorable - who doesn't love the love and companionship of a good pet, cat or dog (and once I even had an amazing, loving rabbit)? It can feel almost irresistable).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like cats and dogs. I tend to favor my own dogs over other people's dogs. (not all dogs have to get a haircut BTW, I choose to have shorthaired dogs for that reason-not a huge fan of super furry/shaggy dogs).
    Like more cats than dogs...my cat that passed away 2 years ago was the best, he thought he was a dog. Really loving, played fetch, came when I called him, talked all the time, had a real quirky personality....damn I miss that cat. The current cat I have was a 'bottle kitten' , I had to hand feed him as his mother had abandon her litter. Usually those cats are really friendly...he's not that friendly to other people-he only likes me and the lab. Doesn't like to play, doesn't like snuggles for more than a minute, hates wet food, doesn't care for catnip or treats. He's really boring as far as cats go...he has no personality.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Jogill said:

I love dogs and cats. Dogs are great and I would love to have one. But cats are so much easier. Dogs are simply too high maintenance care-wise for me (and much more expensive too). But as for cats being more standoffish or independent... yes, as far as being able to leave them for longer, but other than that, my cat is super needy. She is totally obsessed with me and would never turn her asshole at me, lol. She is all over me all the time, to the point where it's annoying. But i still don't have to rush home and walk her, and that is why I choose a cat. When I retire I might consider a dog... even then, I'm not sure i like the idea of being as tied down as a dog would make me. Actually, I don't know if I'll even have another cat after my current one. I have had cats for most of my life, and love them as pets, but honestly, the cat hair is driving me nuts, and it would be nice to not have to ever worry about paying vet bills. I might try going without a pet. But I'm not sure how long I would last because of the positives, since there are several of those too. But man, it would be amazing to be able to sit down in black clothing.... or even wear 'outside clothes' in my home, lol. As it is, I change and hang up my clothes the second I get in the door, always, and change into my 'cat hair clothes'. It's kind of a drag, lol. It would also be nice to not have to Swiffer the floor every damn day.
    (On the other hand.... she is lying right by head this very second, purring and licking my cheek and kneading my shoulder, and it's fucking adorable - who doesn't love the love and companionship of a good pet, cat or dog (and once I even had an amazing, loving rabbit)? It can feel almost irresistable).
    I thought I was the only one who does this!! Nothing is worse than when I'm changing and he comes and rubs against my legs. It's like, you couldn't wait five freaking minutes? It's something I've developed a habit of since we have two cats in the house all the time, about 5 years now. I have a ginger cat who requires a lot of attention, he likes to play fetch. He used to be a part time outdoor cat so he brings me his toys (or drops them in his food dish) as though they were "presents". The other one is a fatty & I have to groom her cuz she can't reach her backside. Both are very vocal. I get yelled at a lot lol!

I didn't know that short hair dogs don't need haircuts. I would love to have a dog I just don't think I'd be a very good dog owner since I've no experience, and that's not really fair on the dog. Maybe in another life.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I really want to visit my cousin in Eugene, Oregon, and my best friend in San Francisco. Never been to that part of the States before. Buuut it costs money so will probably just live vicariously through stories...or meet up with them elsewhere when PJ (hopefully) tours next year. They are both big fans.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    just got back from Seattle and Portland...go if you can! My flight was $330 round trip...and the edibles that are legal are amaze balls....
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    to confide in good friends like mary for help
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    That it's unfair when people want to visit family and good friends but can't afford to do it. Family is very important and being far away from them sux!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    I really ate Monday mornings. Once get moving I'm ok, but getting out of bed is the pits
  • Options
    think i may go to bed with earphones lol
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,566
    JWPearl said:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Global citizen and who I will be going with as this ticket thing is ridiculous.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    How much I hate the website on my phone. I will click on a thread, but then the screen shifts, so then it suddenly thinks I want to read a thread about something boring....like the yankees. I have never clicked on that thread until last night...now I'm going to keep getting stupid updates on how many new posts are in a thread I don't care about.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Pesky sore throat/little cough needs to go away!! Been drinking my weight in fluids, rest, tylenol, soup, tea, honey....everything! go away! This is not the week!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Pap said:

JWPearl said:

ok,
    this is fucked and creepy
    what the fuck
    flagged
    Yes, you read it right. I am flagging this.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2015

Pap said:

JWPearl said:

ok,
    this is fucked and creepy
    what the fuck
    flagged
    Yes, you read it right. I am flagging this.
    Why would you flag it? Have you become a hall monitor on the forum? What is inappropriate about it? I sleep. I assume you sleep. Eddie sleeps. Hell, everyone sleeps! It is topic appropriate. (In that JWPearl stated something about considering sleeping with headphones on.) Eddie is clothed. Don't be so freakin' uptight. It is a human sleeping. I'm sure that you've encountered them in your existence here on Earth from time to time.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ^^Isnt that gif from Water on the Road?
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    You know, it looked familiar. You are probably right. I haven't watched it in a while.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    samjam said:

Pesky sore throat/little cough needs to go away!! Been drinking my weight in fluids, rest, tylenol, soup, tea, honey....everything! go away! This is not the week!

I had the worst sore throat a few weeks back and I had to suck those awful antibacterial lozenges every 3 hrs. They worked but doc said it was just a virus so yes the fluids are great! I had to suck the lozenges because it was red raw inside and coughing made it even worse. It got to the point I couldn't swallow. Even resorted to hot water with honey, lemon would have killed me! As mysteriously as it came it went after about 5-6 days. Good luck with getting rid of it.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    got some
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    samjam said:

Isn't that gif from Water on the Road?

You're right Sam.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Why would you flag it? Have you become a hall monitor on the forum? What is inappropriate about it? It is topic appropriate. (In that JWPearl stated something about considering sleeping with headphones on.)

Thank you deadendp.

• Options
    I'm usually pretty easy going and yesterday I was bitchy with my bestie. I feel bad about it and I'm dropping the subject but I'm still pretty pissed about the situation.
  • Options
    Big shoutout to @PjWingsfan who is awesome and very loved and also 25 today! :joy::joy::joy:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    I'm really bummed I won't get to go to the fair this year. It's a special event for me...my dad took me every year when I was a kid, and I try to keep the tradition alive by going every year...hopefully next year. :(

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Where is Whispering Hands ? Haven't see her in a while :i_dunno:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Longueuil said:

Where is Whispering Hands ? Haven't see her in a while :i_dunno:

She has parted from the forum. There is a thread here on AET called Last Exit. I'm too tired to link. She's good. Texts with a few of us almost daily. Life just took her in a different direction.