Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    would love to stay on the net this morning but am a little too busy
    so it looks like its just music and work today for me
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    my left hand smells like BBQ sauce.

I have not touched BBQ sauce in I dunno how long.

NYC subway poles are disgusting.

Is that a haiku?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ldent42 said:

my left hand smells like BBQ sauce.

I have not touched BBQ sauce in I dunno how long.

NYC subway poles are disgusting.

Is that a haiku?

Too many syllables, but we call Halifaxxx's writing poetry. This will be a haiku for you!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    deadendp said:

Longueuil said:

Where is Whispering Hands ? Haven't see her in a while :i_dunno:

She has parted from the forum. There is a thread here on AET called Last Exit. I'm too tired to link. She's good. Texts with a few of us almost daily. Life just took her in a different direction.
    Good to know she is fine.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I knew this was coming sooner or later...just had my first friend (that isn't mormon or an orthodox jew) announce her engagement and pregnancy (a double whammy)! Weird I'm about that age now that I'll be seeing more and more of this. Maybe just strange to me as I am in NO place ready for, or even want, those things. Happy for her nonetheless, but it took me by surprise! As The Boss says, "Oooohhhh, growin upppp"
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    1 hour until Colbert tonight, which means the last episode before PJ tomorrow! :D
    Also still looking for a GCF pair!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    samjam said:

I knew this was coming sooner or later...just had my first friend (that isn't mormon or an orthodox jew) announce her engagement and pregnancy (a double whammy)! Weird I'm about that age now that I'll be seeing more and more of this. Maybe just strange to me as I am in NO place ready for, or even want, those things. Happy for her nonetheless, but it took me by surprise! As The Boss says, "Oooohhhh, growin upppp"

I'm frequently getting reminders of how little I've accomplished in my life as all the people I was in school with get married and have babies! I'm also 4 years worse off than you haha
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Getting that stupid Colbert ticket this am
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    hello people's hope your all well and take care
  • Options
    Going to see Dylan Moran tonight!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,810
    Κ
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    STOP CALLING! You have called 3 times in the last 90 minutes... :anguished:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited September 2015

samjam said:

I'm frequently getting reminders of how little I've accomplished in my life as all the people I was in school with get married and have babies! I'm also 4 years worse off than you haha
    Just keep in mind that marriage and having kids is not necessarily the end all and be all of life, despite what much of society likes to dictate. I am 39 and neither married nor a mother, and I don't at all feel that I have accomplished little in life. If getting married and having kids is something you want to do, great, but don't drink the Kool-Aid. It is not a requirement in life, as some would have you believe.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

I'm just trying to get your attention.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    another busy day as I'm staying at my daughters place and should be a nice day today im just loving this weather too but summer is going to be too hot
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Just keep in mind that marriage and having kids is not necessarily the end all and be all of life, despite what much of society likes to dictate. I am 39 and neither married nor a mother, and I don't at all feel that I have accomplished little in life. If getting married and having kids is something you want to do, great, but don't drink the Kool-Aid. It is not a requirement in life, as some would have you believe.
    I don't necessarily believe in marriage but I do want kids
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

I'm just trying to get your attention.
    you know I will answer the phone if you call...and that means something. ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

You can always adopt...there are plenty of single women that adopt children because they have that 'nurture' feeling and want kids, but don't want to marry one. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited September 2015
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

You can always adopt...there are plenty of single women that adopt children because they have that 'nurture' feeling and want kids, but don't want to marry one. :lol:
    She could also actually get pregnant and not have a husband, which is actually cheaper and easier than adoption. Plus, I don't think it's that hard for a single person to adopt unless they have a lot of money.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    does pearl jam have instagram..
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I'm sorry, was I bothering you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

She could also actually get pregnant and not have a husband, which is actually cheaper and easier than adoption. Plus, I don't think it's that hard for a single person to adopt unless they have a lot of money.
    Yeah I see turkey basters in my future :p

Adopting is not only difficult but you also have to go and procure a child from a foreign country, which I wouldn't be too keen on!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    The beauty of internet..really not a sarcastic remark...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Opposite for me, I'd like to be married someday, but HELL NO on the kids (unless they are furry, have 4 legs, meow, are actually cats). And I'm not changing my mind, thank you very much, society! Not in any rush for anything, just my friend's announcement was another marker of growing up. Comes at you fast! Still hard to believe I can be classified as an 'adult.' :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Adopting is not only difficult but you also have to go and procure a child from a foreign country, which I wouldn't be too keen on!

This might come out as heartless, but I'm guessing that you ladies have not actually adopted since you said that you don't have kids.

Allow me to dispel some rumors. How is it that I can do this? Well, we adopted our daughter.
    1. Getting pregnant is not necessarily cheaper and easier. There are those of us who suffered loss and almost died. Tally up doctors visits and hospital bills for a normal, healthy pregnancy. I would bet that they cost a lot more than what we paid-- gas money to drive 20 minutes away for classes and parking. All told, that cost was probably well less than $75. Yes, a baby for $75 or less. She was a day and a half old when she came to be with us.
    2. You don't need to go to a foreign country. Whether you live in the states, Canada, Ireland or elsewhere, there are babies and children who need loving homes. I'm not saying that there aren't foreign aid needs. I had "friends" go head to head with us on adoption. It was some game for them to do it better and bigger than us. (It wasn't a competition for us, but it was for them.) They adopted internationally. That international adoption took them to Haiti to "pick out" a child, then because of political unrest, they couldn't bring her home. (Despite having told her so.) They ended up flying to Ethiopia for a week and a half to bring Lewi home. Tally up all of the costs of their flights back and forth to Haiti and to Ethiopia, passports, accommodations, processing . . . and in the states, just because you adopted out of the country you have to have that child in your home for 6 months and go through an official adoption here. Oh yes, don't forget lawyer fees.

We had none of that. We adopted from the county south of us. K was cocaine positive at birth and born to a homeless, drug addicted prostitute. Because she is termed as a "special needs child" with the state, they covered all of the costs of adoption. Taking the classes through the county was free-- something that my friend paid thousands for just to have complete over the course of two weekends.

How is K? She is wonderful and beautiful and smart and SHE IS OURS. Why do I say that? Because a lot of people think that drug babies are throw aways. They aren't. She is a great student, earning the President's Education Award last year-- the highest honor you can receive in elementary. (With a letter from President Obama.) She played harp all year last year. She is studying violin this year. She loves soccer, swimming and archery.

Just a lil education from a mama who has been there.

Single parent adoption occurs every day. There are wee ones out there who need loving homes and they live all over the world. We just need to grab them up, even if one by one, to hug on them and give them the life that they deserve.

Stepping down from my soapbox. Sorry. A bit passionate about adoption.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    In SVU Olivia Benson was denied for adoption cuz she's single and has a demanding job. #tvisrealright
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    samjam said:

i SO hear you on that one! i'm 25, so there are quite a few girls from my high school class who are married with (multiple) kids, which there is nothing wrong with at all! i'm just no where near that point. my boyfriend and i have been dating a year and a half and we still need to move in with eachother. :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

This might come out as heartless, but I'm guessing that you ladies have not actually adopted since you said that you don't have kids.

Allow me to dispel some rumors. How is it that I can do this? Well, we adopted our daughter.
    1. Getting pregnant is not necessarily cheaper and easier. There are those of us who suffered loss and almost died. Tally up doctors visits and hospital bills for a normal, healthy pregnancy. I would bet that they cost a lot more than what we paid-- gas money to drive 20 minutes away for classes and parking. All told, that cost was probably well less than $75. Yes, a baby for $75 or less. She was a day and a half old when she came to be with us.
    2. You don't need to go to a foreign country. Whether you live in the states, Canada, Ireland or elsewhere, there are babies and children who need loving homes. I'm not saying that there aren't foreign aid needs. I had "friends" go head to head with us on adoption. It was some game for them to do it better and bigger than us. (It wasn't a competition for us, but it was for them.) They adopted internationally. That international adoption took them to Haiti to "pick out" a child, then because of political unrest, they couldn't bring her home. (Despite having told her so.) They ended up flying to Ethiopia for a week and a half to bring Lewi home. Tally up all of the costs of their flights back and forth to Haiti and to Ethiopia, passports, accommodations, processing . . . and in the states, just because you adopted out of the country you have to have that child in your home for 6 months and go through an official adoption here. Oh yes, don't forget lawyer fees.

We had none of that. We adopted from the county south of us. K was cocaine positive at birth and born to a homeless, drug addicted prostitute. Because she is termed as a "special needs child" with the state, they covered all of the costs of adoption. Taking the classes through the county was free-- something that my friend paid thousands for just to have complete over the course of two weekends.

How is K? She is wonderful and beautiful and smart and SHE IS OURS. Why do I say that? Because a lot of people think that drug babies are throw aways. They aren't. She is a great student, earning the President's Education Award last year-- the highest honor you can receive in elementary. (With a letter from President Obama.) She played harp all year last year. She is studying violin this year. She loves soccer, swimming and archery.

Single parent adoption occurs every day. There are wee ones out there who need loving homes and they live all over the world. We just need to grab them up, even if one by one, to hug on them and give them the life that they deserve.

Amy,
    You never cease to amaze me. you and your husband are awesome!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Thanks for sharing :) It is very different in Ireland though. To the best of my knowledge, it's incredible rare, if not impossible to adopt an Irish baby. Those who are abandoned or given up (again extremely rare) may not be adopted, only fostered.

Then attempting to adopt as a single parent would just be out of the question here.

So glad it worked out for you but can't see adoption being an option for me
  • Options
    That is so incredibly sad that Irish babies are only fostered. :frowning: