Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    edited July 2015
    Stone Gossard's Moonlander (the song) reminds me of Glen Hansard's Falling Slowly.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    samjam said:

I won Lollapalooza passes this morning and feeling pretty damn stoked!!!

Awesome! Sir Paul!!!!!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    God before man..no one gets between that...
    Some people are just ungrateful bastards after what they have been given
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    samjam said:

Congrats :) Metallica!!!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited July 2015
    Found out it's my medication that's causing my antsyness and restless legs issue...see I move my legs non stop all day every day except while I sleep....it's caused by my Abilify....I have stopped taking it and am going to make my doctor put me on something else as soon as our new insurance takes effect....I can't handle the legs anymore...it's the most God awful feeling....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    I can confirm that Sir Paul puts on one hellava show.
    saw him last month.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Sleep I'm going back to sleep and dream a bit more
    Nothing else to do now
  • Options
    One of our drivers drowned over the weekend...I talked to him a lot, it's very sad....it doesn't seem real.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJSiren, so sorry. My condolences.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I'm so sorry hear ghat Mandy. Prayers to you, and go his family.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJSiren said:

One of our drivers drowned over the weekend...I talked to him a lot, it's very sad....it doesn't seem real.

I'm sorry. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Yes, Prayers to his family,most definitely! Thanks guys...I never met him in person as he worked out of our Eugene yard...but I talked to him on the phone ALL THE TIME....it's so weird...I'm very saddened by it....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    sorry for the sad new pjsiren and i told you it was your meds doing it to you ;)
    i dont make up crap you know..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    Camping, packing for camping, and the 4 days of being completely off the grid hanging with the family enjoying the special cookies and the drinking from wake up call to last call =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    what a sweet surprise i never expected it to be you
    i recognized your brother at the shop
    wasnt at all frightened because i knew mary said
    something
    im going to try and sleep now if i can
    if not i will try in the afternoon about 2pm
    but feeling tired now so may try a nap
    got so much on my mind and so much to say..
    twice family bumps is no coincidence..
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hobbes said:

samjam said:

Awesome! Sir Paul!!!!!

samjam said:

Congrats :) Metallica!!!
    So excited for Sir Paul!! Saw him once in 2011 and it was the best show I've ever been to! And excited for Metallica, too, I have never seen them but have always wanted to catch them live. I happen to be stoked for Florence + The Machine as well! At festivals as big as these, you can always find stuff you like in the undercard, but for me it's rare to love all 3 headliners. Which is the case with Lolla this year! I can't believe it's 2 days away! :) Thanks for the congrats, too, Susan!

And PJSiren--I'm so sorry about your loss. Even if you didn't really 'know' the person, loss can affect you all the same. I remember a couple years ago, a kid I went to high school passed away and I was way more affected by it than I thought I would be. We weren't friends, barely talked, but he was full of life when he was alive and it was shocking to have someone my age die so suddenly, way too young.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Metallica live is basically the Kirk Hammett show. He is an amazing axeman. Robert Trujillo is a badass bassist as well, but he unfortunately has to share rhythm duties with Lars, who will fuck up a few times at simply keeping a beat and a whole fuckload of times on his fills, and Hetfield, who will embarrass himself by trying to play a solo at least once when he's sharing the stage with a fucking guitar god. Oh, and Hetfield's voice will sound like a cross between "Weird" Al Yankovic and Willie Nelson singing into a fan.

I don't generally drink at concerts, but I now get good and sloppy at Metallica shows so that I can stop picking apart everything that's gone wrong and just have a good time headbanging with my fellow psychos.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    dankind said:

Metallica live is basically the Kirk Hammett show. He is an amazing axeman. Robert Trujillo is a badass bassist as well, but he unfortunately has to share rhythm duties with Lars, who will fuck up a few times at simply keeping a beat and a whole fuckload of times on his fills, and Hetfield, who will embarrass himself by trying to play a solo at least once when he's sharing the stage with a fucking guitar god. Oh, and Hetfield's voice will sound like a cross between "Weird" Al Yankovic and Willie Nelson singing into a fan.

I don't generally drink at concerts, but I now get good and sloppy at Metallica shows so that I can stop picking apart everything that's gone wrong and just have a good time headbanging with my fellow psychos.

I've worshipped Kirk since I was 15, Metallica will probably always be number 1 for me :)
  • Options
    Metallica x 3 shows for me. Great stuff!
  • Options
    surprised im not so tired
    i over slept by much
    and dreamt heaps
    and still feel great
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I've seen Metallica twice...once was terrible, the other time was alright.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

sorry for the sad new pjsiren and i told you it was your meds doing it to you ;)
    i dont make up crap you know..

I am dying for the meds to be out of my system,. I stopped taking it, it's been 3 days tonight will actually make 4...I wish I had done research when you originally told me....but I kept forgetting to look it up.....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    i hope you find something suitable for yourself that doesnt cause weight gain or other side effects
    best wishes with that..
    i know its tough
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I was terribly drunk for one. I was carried in by my boyfriend at the time and his friend. One took one arm and the other took the other arm. I couldn't even walk. Surprised I got in the gate that way. The evil? They kept spiking my drink with more vodka. I didn't know until it was too late. That concert I don't recall terribly well. The other two times were really good!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

I was terribly drunk for one. I was carried in by my boyfriend at the time and his friend. One took one arm and the other took the other arm. I couldn't even walk. Surprised I got in the gate that way. The evil? They kept spiking my drink with more vodka. I didn't know until it was too late. That concert I don't recall terribly well. The other two times were really good!
    Yeah, the first time I saw them was in '97-ish Lollapalooza, the Ramones, DEVO and Soundgarden were there. James was all f-ed up drunk, Lars was totally off...It was a disappointment.

The second time, it was ok, I was at the opening of EMP, so if I remember correctly, RHCP, No Doubt and Metallica and somebody else were there. They only played a short set, so eh...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I saw them on the In Justice for All tour and they were great. This was of course when they were a metal band.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I just got a spam block on my account...waiting 120 seconds to post again is hard...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    Just aim for total front page domination works like a hot damn. I posted about 200 times at least when I did that.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ok, I've tried doing that before...I have time!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Front page domination achieved!e

- Christopher McCandless