Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

Grandpa finally passed this morning. Thinking of him.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Thank you. It has really taken the winds out of my sails this morning. I knew it was coming and managed to compartmentalize it for most of the week but my poor Dad undid that. He was a wreck on the phone and could barely talk other than to deliver the news. I kept asking him how he was doing and there was just silence. I have to go with the wife to take a kid to the doctor and will be going over to see him after that.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,780

Grandpa finally passed this morning. Thinking of him.

sorry for your loss
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

Thank you. It has really taken the winds out of my sails this morning. I knew it was coming and managed to compartmentalize it for most of the week but my poor Dad undid that. He was a wreck on the phone and could barely talk other than to deliver the news. I kept asking him how he was doing and there was just silence. I have to go with the wife to take a kid to the doctor and will be going over to see him after that.

It's rough, no doubt, but it is good that you are close enough to them that you can be there for your dad.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

:hug:
    I'm sorry for your loss ani. From what you said before about him I think that at least he is at peace now.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yes sorry for your loss ani but at least hes in no more pain :(
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099

FrankieG said:

I cancelled Comcast cable this morning. (Kept internet though...) Raised my bill by $80 without notifying me.

Yeowch!!! We haven't had cable for 6 years and use the antenna (and roku-netflix, hulu) and my husband never has any trouble finding stuff to watch :)
    Yep, already had the antenna as I knew this was going to happen eventually. I have netflix and the internet, which will be enough... Until football season atleast. Then I might need to reconsider..

I got a thing in the mail from comcast today (24 hours since I canceled) about being a loyal customer and asking to upgrade to the X1 bs... I can't figure out if this was already in the mail, or if they overnighted it to me. It's different and alot more substantive than usual :think:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440

prism said:

prism said:

I had a great time with relatives visiting from Ireland this past weekend....now i'm pretty sure i won't be able to say the word 'lovely' again without an accent

what part of Ireland are your relatives from?
    close to Carlow

Cool, I play badminton in Carlow :) Good people down there! What's their surname? (I know I'm only encouraging the stereotype that we all know each other, but just in case!)
    what'd you mean you don't all know each other? and here i taught everyone in Ireland's related ;)

i'm not putting any surnames out on the interwebs...my lovely Nana would return from her grave to scold me for having bad manners :p

i sent you a pm

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
  • Options
    i hope alice cooper plays some good music tonight im bored
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Starting my new job today.. A new aspect of construction I have yet to
    Master. ( corporate remodel). So excited!! LIVE to learn new shit!! Woo hooo!!
  • Options
    Is today the day?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I am do sorry to hear of his passing. And I know it's really hard right now. But your grandpa is sooooo much happier now. Hugs and prayers going out for you and your family. I really just don't know what else I can say that isn't cliché. Just know I'm praying for strength and peace for ALLLL of you.( and for comic relief. I'll tell ya that I call you Ani to God too! Lol cause I don't know your name, and God kmows who I'm talking about).
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    SD48277 said:

Is today the day?

Hear my name, take a good look.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

I am do sorry to hear of his passing. And I know it's really hard right now. But your grandpa is sooooo much happier now. Hugs and prayers going out for you and your family. I really just don't know what else I can say that isn't cliché. Just know I'm praying for strength and peace for ALLLL of you.( and for comic relief. I'll tell ya that I call you Ani to God too! Lol cause I don't know your name, and God kmows who I'm talking about).
    Thank you. Life is moving on. I have enjoyed having random memories of my grandfather and things we did. Things I have not thought about since being a child. Grandpa is being cremated so hopefully that means memorial will be over the weekend. More time to see family than it being during the week when I would fly in one day and out the next.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My condolences to Ani and good luck to whisperinghands.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

SD48277 said:

Is today the day?

Hear my name, take a good look.
    This just made me smile. :smile: Thank you, Frankie.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    think i might go back to bed now and listen to music
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    sad to hear about Ani's loss...lots of love to you and your family.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My mamaw will be arriving in town tomorrow to live with my mom...so excited, going to see her next weekend!!! :)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    edited July 2015
    Sad to hear about loss...I guess we all have to expect tough times at some point. Again.. PJ music and PJ people are there to lean on.I just lost my dad yesterday..and only a few short months ago my mom...They were a pair those two..it wasn't a huge surprise with my dad...His love for life died with my mom..54 years together..hard for anyone to want to keep on going I guess.It's really hard to lose the two people you depended on for so long. I take solace in knowing my kids got to spend a lot of quality time with them and how much it meant to my folks.
    They are at peace and together again.
    Peace out people and thx for listening
    Trying to keep it together....Just Breathe
    Post edited by Bigrfish on
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you loss, Bigrfish. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Man of the hour is taking his final bow, goodbye for now.
    So sorry for your lost Bigrfish
  • Options
    Thx guys...I know the cliche about dads being heros...but mine was..just a very solid force in my life...not complicated....just a good man..He's what I've always strived to be for my kids..I will miss him
  • Options
    This place has helped me grieve,and talk. away from everything else...so again..Thank you
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Bigrfish said:

Sad to hear about loss...I guess we all have to expect tough times at some point. Again.. PJ music and PJ people are there to lean on.I just lost my dad yesterday..and only a few short months ago my mom...They were a pair those two..it wasn't a huge surprise with my dad...His love for life died with my mom..54 years together..hard for anyone to want to keep on going I guess.It's really hard to lose the two people you depended on for so long. I take solace in knowing my kids got to spend a lot of quality time with them and how much it meant to my folks.

I'm so very sorry. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    So sorry to Ani and Bigrfish both for your recent losses, my thoughts are with you both... know we're all always here for you....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited July 2015
    Bigrfish said:

Bigrfish said:

This place has helped me grieve,and talk. away from everything else...so again..Thank you

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can empathize with a lot of what you said. I lost my father 2.5 years ago, a hero of mine, and this community helped me greatly. I still look back at PM's and threads from then. It continues to help. Again, I am so sorry.
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Bigrfish said:

sorry for your loss
    keep holding those dear memories bc you never know ;)

hope im better by lunch see how long it takes for my two friends... to trace it or them....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,780
    Sorry for your loss Bigfish..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..