Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

FrankieG said:

Wedding update... Had 2 shots, danced the night away, great night... Until my date ends up in another guys room... She has already friend zoned me, but Im still really pissed. I have a 4 hour drive home with her tomorrow, how can I make this somewhat bearable or what should I say to her to make her guilty? Fuck this...

Can't she find her own way home? She found her own way to someone else's room. Sorry to be mean, but she can get home on her own. That should make her feel guilty enough.
    It's not mean, gets the message across and sets the boundary from then on. Tell her to ask her stand in for a ride home.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

It is Exactly one week from both my 42nd birthday, as well as my 1st year sober birthday! I can't believe all the changes in my life in just one year! I also detest alcohol.. That's huge for me!! ( as I used to plan everything around my being able to consume it). I am happier now than I have been in years! And a lot of that has to do with the support I've found here, so thank you all!

Congrats!
  • Options

It is Exactly one week from both my 42nd birthday, as well as my 1st year sober birthday! I can't believe all the changes in my life in just one year! I also detest alcohol.. That's huge for me!! ( as I used to plan everything around my being able to consume it). I am happier now than I have been in years! And a lot of that has to do with the support I've found here, so thank you all!

Congrats!
    Thank you. :smiley:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    FrankieG said:

Wedding update... Had 2 shots, danced the night away, great night... Until my date ends up in another guys room... She has already friend zoned me, but Im still really pissed. I have a 4 hour drive home with her tomorrow, how can I make this somewhat bearable or what should I say to her to make her guilty? Fuck this...

First off: Mazel Tov! on your friend's wedding. Second: sorry to hear your date was a turd. I agree with Amy...she can find her own ride home. However, we know that you are a good guy and will drive her back. For what it's worth, because you are such a nice guy, you deserve better than this girl. Soon a better woman will come along, and she will appreciate how awesome you are. It's ok to put this girl in your RVM.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

Congratulations on your sobriety birthday! You know you always have our support.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

First off: Mazel Tov! on your friend's wedding. Second: sorry to hear your date was a turd. I agree with Amy...she can find her own ride home. However, we know that you are a good guy and will drive her back. For what it's worth, because you are such a nice guy, you deserve better than this girl. Soon a better woman will come along, and she will appreciate how awesome you are. It's ok to put this girl in your RVM.
    sorry to chime in but if you are strictly friends, friend zoned you as you mentioned, then the wedding was just a couple of buds getting together for a good time nothing more. It is a bad move on her part leaving you hanging, but in the end you have to give her a ride home as boundaries were set from the get go.

i dont know the history, just going on your initial post. good luck on the next date with a new lady!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391

This is AWESOME! :triumph:

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Nami said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

sorry to chime in but if you are strictly friends, friend zoned you as you mentioned, then the wedding was just a couple of buds getting together for a good time nothing more. It is a bad move on her part leaving you hanging, but in the end you have to give her a ride home as boundaries were set from the get go.

i dont know the history, just going on your initial post. good luck on the next date with a new lady!
    The car ride has been near silence so far. I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind about 30 min out. The initial agreement of me driving both ways was exactly the reason for me not leaving. She did seem kinda hesitant to get out of the car before me at the rest stop ha
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    FrankieG said:

Nami said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

The car ride has been near silence so far. I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind about 30 min out. The initial agreement of me driving both ways was exactly the reason for me not leaving. She did seem kinda hesitant to get out of the car before me at the rest stop ha
    Yea you can't leave her stranded. Just ignore her and after you drop her off never speak to her again. Period. It's one thing to agree to go as a friend's date to a wedding, it's another thing to end up hooking up with some random dude at the wedding. It's disrespectful because it could be embarrassing for you, if this guy goes blabbing that he hooked up with some one else's date. It's ok to go as friends without expectations but there's no reason to act like that.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

Happy pre-bday. Congrats on the year. You are an inspiration for me to keep going on this path as well.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,461
    edited June 2015
    SD48277 said:

It's ok to put this girl in your RVM.

And the prize for the Best Post of 2015 goes to... SD! Amazing line! :clap:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I feel honoured, humbled and grateful at the same time! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Counting Crows were great tonight!

It was indeed! :wink: Thank you Jenny! :plus_one: PM sent...

Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    samjam said:

A festival I bought tickets to right when they went onsale is having an amazing deal...4 tickets plus 4 tshirts for $222 total...I paid $190 total for 2 tickets and no tshirts. Dammit. Thinking about the $$ I could have saved hurts! Dammit!

I don't know if you've seen this, but I immediately thought of you and your hometown Sam.
    smarchee said:

Back in his broken hometown, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Charlie LeDuff searches through the ruins for clues to its fate, his family’s, and his own. Detroit is where his mother’s flower shop was firebombed in the pre-Halloween orgy of arson known as Devil’s Night; where his sister lost herself to the west side streets; where his brother, who once sold subprime mortgages with skill and silk, now works in a factory cleaning Chinese-manufactured screws so they can be repackaged as “May Be Made in United States.”

Having led us on the way up, Detroit now seems to be leading us on the way down. Once the richest city in America, Detroit is now the nation’s poorest. Once the vanguard of America’s machine age—mass production, blue-collar jobs, and automobiles—Detroit is now America’s capital for unemployment, illiteracy, dropouts, and foreclosures. It is an eerie and angry place of deserted factories and abandoned homes and forgotten people. Trees and switchgrass and wild animals have come back to reclaim their right¬ful places. Coyotes are here. The pigeons have left. A city the size of San Francisco and Manhattan could neatly fit into Detroit’s vacant lots. After revealing that the city’s murder rate is higher than the official police number—making it the highest in the country—a weary old detective tells LeDuff, “In this city two plus two equals three.”

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Pap said:

samjam said:

A festival I bought tickets to right when they went onsale is having an amazing deal...4 tickets plus 4 tshirts for $222 total...I paid $190 total for 2 tickets and no tshirts. Dammit. Thinking about the $$ I could have saved hurts! Dammit!

I don't know if you've seen this, but I immediately thought of you and your hometown Sam.
    smarchee said:

Back in his broken hometown, Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist Charlie LeDuff searches through the ruins for clues to its fate, his family’s, and his own. Detroit is where his mother’s flower shop was firebombed in the pre-Halloween orgy of arson known as Devil’s Night; where his sister lost herself to the west side streets; where his brother, who once sold subprime mortgages with skill and silk, now works in a factory cleaning Chinese-manufactured screws so they can be repackaged as “May Be Made in United States.”

Having led us on the way up, Detroit now seems to be leading us on the way down. Once the richest city in America, Detroit is now the nation’s poorest. Once the vanguard of America’s machine age—mass production, blue-collar jobs, and automobiles—Detroit is now America’s capital for unemployment, illiteracy, dropouts, and foreclosures. It is an eerie and angry place of deserted factories and abandoned homes and forgotten people. Trees and switchgrass and wild animals have come back to reclaim their right¬ful places. Coyotes are here. The pigeons have left. A city the size of San Francisco and Manhattan could neatly fit into Detroit’s vacant lots. After revealing that the city’s murder rate is higher than the official police number—making it the highest in the country—a weary old detective tells LeDuff, “In this city two plus two equals three.”

Thanks for thinking of me! I am actually a New Yorker, and that will always, always be home. Just living near Detroit at the moment!

I've heard a lot about this book, and it's supposed to be very well written and fascinating. It's a shame it paints such a bleak picture, though--there is, of course, validity to the hardships the city has faced, but there is a ton of good that is going on in the city, too. Especially in the 2 years since the book was written. Both my bf and I have been meaning to check it out nevertheless!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

FrankieG said:

Yea you can't leave her stranded. Just ignore her and after you drop her off never speak to her again. Period. It's one thing to agree to go as a friend's date to a wedding, it's another thing to end up hooking up with some random dude at the wedding. It's disrespectful because it could be embarrassing for you, if this guy goes blabbing that he hooked up with some one else's date. It's ok to go as friends without expectations but there's no reason to act like that.
    Yeah, I think this is the route I'm gonna take to start. I don't like holding grudges and am a really forgiving person, but my self-esteem and confidence are at an all time low right now. This weekend was the craziest emtion-swing that I have had in a while.. Wow.

On a side note, sorry for doing this to you all. I really don't like posting about my life's drama, but this one really hit hard...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Happy sober birthday!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Yeah, I think this is the route I'm gonna take to start. I don't like holding grudges and am a really forgiving person, but my self-esteem and confidence are at an all time low right now. This weekend was the craziest emtion-swing that I have had in a while.. Wow.

On a side note, sorry for doing this to you all. I really don't like posting about my life's drama, but this one really hit hard...

No need to apologize, Frankie. You deserved better. If you need to vent, please feel free to pm me.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    its a great place to vent Frankie G and everyone is here to give their two cents worth.

this shit will pass and know there are others out their for you.
    cheers
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

No need to apologize, Frankie. You deserved better. If you need to vent, please feel free to pm me.
    You can PM me, too.

I'm sorry. I had people do crap like that to me. I know that you are a nice guy and bless your heart for being so. My guess is that she knows what she did was crappy and that she should probably be thankful you didn't make her resort to some sort of public transport.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Migraine
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Thanks for the support guys!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,602
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Every Friday's joke..
    Banks will be open on Monday??

:fearful:
    It's a good joke though.
    There is no joke at all.banks are close for a week at least..capital control for the greek people, 60 euros per day..government announced referendum for the next sunday..we have to choose for the first time after long long years..we accept the new brutal and inhuman economic terms or not ??..and if not, what happen next??..no one knows..it's fucked up situation..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Every Friday's joke..

It's a good joke though.
    There is no joke at all.banks are close for a week at least..capital control for the greek people, 60 euros per day..government announced referendum for the next sunday..we have to choose for the first time after long long years..we accept the new brutal and inhuman economic terms or not ??..and if not, what happen next??..no one knows..it's fucked up situation..
    This is sooooo fucking WRONG!! So sorry you're all having to go through this.. Greece is in my
    Prayers.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Every Friday's joke..

It's a good joke though.
    While all of Europe watches and waits....
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Don't worry about it, I went to a wedding as a bridesmaid(in my twenties) where I knew the bride, the maid of honour and my date. The whole wedding party kept taking safety meeting breaks, it was open bar, it gets a little fuzzy at the end but I ended up with dick pics of the brides brother that I took, but apparently did not touch, a bunch of new friends and some truly great stories. I had to be talked into going to that wedding, best wedding ever except for the outfit I was forced to wear.

You are the only other person I know who calls them 'safety meetings' too...
    I think it's a PNW, that's all we refer to them as :)
    Never thought it was a regional term. I've worked in a lot of restaurants and back when I used to partake we would call them "safety meetings". :lol:
    When my friend wants to smoke a bowl he refers to it as "Talking to Samson" from the movie Half Baked. I always thought that was cool and no one will know what he is talking about unless they are a stoner.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Congrats, keep up the good work!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Don't worry about it, I went to a wedding as a bridesmaid(in my twenties) where I knew the bride, the maid of honour and my date. The whole wedding party kept taking safety meeting breaks, it was open bar, it gets a little fuzzy at the end but I ended up with dick pics of the brides brother that I took, but apparently did not touch, a bunch of new friends and some truly great stories. I had to be talked into going to that wedding, best wedding ever except for the outfit I was forced to wear.

Never thought it was a regional term. I've worked in a lot of restaurants and back when I used to partake we would call them "safety meetings". :lol:
    When my friend wants to smoke a bowl he refers to it as "Talking to Samson" from the movie Half Baked. I always thought that was cool and no one will know what he is talking about unless they are a stoner.
    We always say, we're going to get some perspective. But the best is: I lived in a house full of stoners, but there was a family there with kids, so we didn't want them knowing what we're talking about.. So we made up a code. BOB was the weed, and the pipe was his car, a joint was his jacket.. When we were looking for it, we'd ask if they'd seen or heard from BOB.. Etc.. No one here gets that.. But it was great! No one knew it til we explained it, and it worked. When we'd go out to smoke, we'd all leave and say we were going go go visit BOB. :-)
  • Options

lolobugg said:

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

We always say, we're going to get some perspective. But the best is: I lived in a house full of stoners, but there was a family there with kids, so we didn't want them knowing what we're talking about.. So we made up a code. BOB was the weed, and the pipe was his car, a joint was his jacket.. When we were looking for it, we'd ask if they'd seen or heard from BOB.. Etc.. No one here gets that.. But it was great! No one knew it til we explained it, and it worked. When we'd go out to smoke, we'd all leave and say we were going go go visit BOB. :-)
    Gotta love the stoner code!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Gotta love the stoner code!!!
    We used to call him George. "Heard from George?" "Yeah, he's stopping by later."

There was also Alice and Lucy. :wink: