what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited June 2015
    My thoughts are, dammit 40 is now 4 days away. I have to get two more gym visits in to try and stop the inevitable. I expect to wake up to a pile of hair on my pillow and whats left to have turned gray. My back will be hurting and a pair of crocs on my feet as the croc fairy comes when you turn 40. At least I assume that is how Rob found them. Oh yeah, I will also have a strong desire to clean rather than do something fun. Fuck you father time! Most go to gym and find a good motel to sleep at that night so the fairy can't find me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    SD48277 said:

Brianlux, your change in avatars has completely thrown me. :cry:

I thank you for the warning, Susan. You KNOW how that throws me! :confounded:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

My thoughts are, dammit 40 is now 4 days away. I have to get two more gym visits in to try and stop the inevitable. I expect to wake up to a pile of hair on my pillow and whats left to have turned gray. My back will be hurting and a pair of crocs on my feet as the croc fairy comes when you turn 40. At least I assume that is how Rob found them. Oh yeah, I will also have a strong desire to clean rather than do something fun. Fuck you father time! Most go to gym and find a good motel to sleep at that night so the fairy can't find me.

If you pm your address, I'll send you a birthday card. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
    deadendp said:

SD48277 said:

Brianlux, your change in avatars has completely thrown me. :cry:

I thank you for the warning, Susan. You KNOW how that throws me! :confounded:
    I know, and in an odd twist: Demetrios has had the same avatar for a couple of days now. Are we living in upside down world?
    ELITIST FUK

I turned 40 a year and a half ago, I do not own Crocs and never will.

I realize that I'm a female and the hair thing is probably moot to bring up, but my hair is as thick as it always has been. It seems curlier than it was, but I don't know if that is because the cut and products have improved over the years.

Are there a few wrinkles? Yup.

Is there some gray in my hair? Yup. Have I come to the conclusion that it needs dyed? Not yet.

My back has always hurt, so age has nothing to do with it.

Am I the 97 pounds I was 18 1/2 years ago when my husband and I married? Um, no. That's okay. I was a bit on the too thin side anyhow. Would I like to lose a few pounds? Yup. Working on it.

And you know what? I still have fun. I know! Stunning! You don't instantly turn old and get an AARP card when you turn 40!

It'll be okay. I promise!
    ^^^^^ I appreciate the sharing. I actually don't know why I am scared. I am in great health, my hair is as thick as ever, I'm blonde so grays don't show and I'm in better shape than I was even when I was 20 in the corps. I promised myself I would get in that shape before 40 again and I actually did it the last couple of months. I killed myself in the gym and it worked to the point my wife called me a meathead last night. I guess it comes down to realizing life if I am lucky is probably half over. The corps made me feel invincible and that feeling left me for the first time. My mortality set in and that is what has freaked me out.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited June 2015

^^^^^ I appreciate the sharing. I actually don't know why I am scared. I am in great health, my hair is as thick as ever, I'm blonde so grays don't show and I'm in better shape than I was even when I was 20 in the corps. I promised myself I would get in that shape before 40 again and I actually did it the last couple of months. I killed myself in the gym and it worked to the point my wife called me a meathead last night. I guess it comes down to realizing life if I am lucky is probably half over. The corps made me feel invincible and that feeling left me for the first time. My mortality set in and that is what has freaked me out.

Even Marines are human. And I'm starting to get to see ghe Corp value in action outside of my family, so it's kinda cool. According to three of my uncles, and a dozen or more of their progeny, you die a Marine. You never retire from being a Marine. You may retire from the Corp, but you are akways a Marine. It's only like that as well with the Airforce. All the other branches are not as hard core! Anyhow, makes me not miss my family so much when I hear the 'Marine talk'. :-D
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Someone left the phone off the hook at my grandma's house...I've been trying to call them all day...and it just rings not even the answering machine picks up.....I give up!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    we must win, we must win..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    Half time, one point up..keep strong Panatha
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Can't wait until my roommate is done with the shower so I can get in now that I came back from the gym in this hot SoCal weather.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Can't wait until my roommate is done with the shower so I can get in now that I came back from the gym in this hot SoCal weather.

Run in there and flush the toilet...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    This week is mostly exciting! Phone interview today, Robert Plant tomorrow (so long as his voice has recovered--crossing my fingers!), visiting home on Wednesday, DMB twice this week, seeing lots of friends from home!

Trying not to think about all my doctor's appointments this week. Doctors of any kind for the most part just give me anxiety. Good thing there's lots of good things coming up to distract me!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I have the alarm on my phone set with "obstacles" so I have to answer a question of some sort before I can turn the alarm off. Usually it's a matter of putting numbers in sequential order or picking out pairs of numbers that add to 7. I do this cuz I have uncanny ability to turn alarms off in my sleep.
    Do today's question threw me for a loop. "What day of the week will be tomorrow?" My reaction: "tomorrow what day is tomorrow - Fuck I can't ever answer this question while I'm awake!"

*note: I'd already been up for an hour when this alarm went off. (No coffee though)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited June 2015
    A friend roped me into going to TWO FIFA women's world cup games this coming Friday. :disappointed: God I hate soccer..... But i dunno. Maybe the crowd is fun?? Hoping.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Get ready to bring your black umbrella to shield you from the heat on your way to work because it's gonna be a hot one in SoCal.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    ldent42 said:

I have the alarm on my phone set with "obstacles" so I have to answer a question of some sort before I can turn the alarm off. Usually it's a matter of putting numbers in sequential order or picking out pairs of numbers that add to 7. I do this cuz I have uncanny ability to turn alarms off in my sleep.
    Do today's question threw me for a loop. "What day of the week will be tomorrow?" My reaction: "tomorrow what day is tomorrow - Fuck I can't ever answer this question while I'm awake!"

*note: I'd already been up for an hour when this alarm went off. (No coffee though)

I saw online, there is an app that it will email you a QR code to print. The only way to turn the alarm off is to take a picture of the QR code. So you hang the QR code in the bathroom or something and that will definiltey make you get up.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Thought I did really well on the phone interview I just had. Hoping I get called in for an in person interview! And then get the job, of course! I reeeeallly want this job. Really really bad. Hire me.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    hoping my poor wittle aminals are doing OK in the heat...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    samjam said:

Thought I did really well on the phone interview I just had. Hoping I get called in for an in person interview! And then get the job, of course! I reeeeallly want this job. Really really bad. Hire me.

Hope you get the job. Good luck to all those on the job search.

Well, I finally decided to get off my high horse and call my old friend. Life is too short.

Kat said:
    I attempted this. It took a couple of tries, but I got it. I have to say, while it is a backup to use when a clip is not handy, it's annoying to origami a bag.
    ELITIST FUK
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    cant fuckin sleep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    I think I lost my wallet up on the trail today.. Fuck...
    FrankieG said:

ldent42 said:

I saw online, there is an app that it will email you a QR code to print. The only way to turn the alarm off is to take a picture of the QR code. So you hang the QR code in the bathroom or something and that will definiltey make you get up.
    I bought my daughter an alarm that had a propeller on it. When the alarm goes off it winds the propeller and then launches it like a helicopter to a random spot in the room. The only way to turn it off is to put the propeller back in. Worked great.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    The last three documentaries I watched on Netflix, "Cocaine Cowboys," "Hot Girls Wanted," and "The Queen of Versailles," all took place in Florida. What the heck is going on in Florida?
    ELITIST FUK
    In charge of the church rummage sale. I went to pick things up from one person's house and while attempting to do that, they kept telling me how precious this, that or the other was, how I was to handle it, price it . . . We're raising money for the building fund. We aren't running a high end consignment store with your busted pieces of leftovers. She tried to get me to take an open bag of lawn chemicals. I told her no. I was concerned that children would try to eat it.

On the other hand, another family texted that they had everything loaded up but the clothes and they were ready to go. So wonderful!

And! It was Boy Scout Monday! The boys helped to haul everything in. Still, I'm tired. Hauling wasn't supposed to start until next week, but I had people who wouldn't stop calling me.
    Can't wait to get home, take my pony tail down....it's hurting my head...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I am also totally bummed by this heat because I can't try my new hot tea that I bought...

Red Velvet Cake..... YUMMY!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    SD48277 said:

Kat said:
    I attempted this. It took a couple of tries, but I got it. I have to say, while it is a backup to use when a clip is not handy, it's annoying to origami a bag.
    Next time fold it in the shape of a crane, or possibly a fish.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

SD48277 said:

Kat said:
    Next time fold it in the shape of a crane, or possibly a fish.
    Damn, that was my mistake....I was trying to fold it into a flower.
    ELITIST FUK