what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,733
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Alex! :hug: I'll let her know. :smile:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    post office bullshit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Hoping I get this job I'm getting ready to go apply for!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790

Hoping I get this job I'm getting ready to go apply for!

Good Luck!

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    Tonight
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Just got turned down by two different jobs.. Arby's andXerox.. Don't know how I should feel about that??
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Just got turned down by two different jobs.. Arby's andXerox.. Don't know how I should feel about that??

Feel good...you are better than those jobs.
    ELITIST FUK
  • BigrfishBigrfish Posts: 260
    When I think "JOB"..I immediately open my beer fridge...sorry I know that didn't help.
    For what it's worth..I think we tend to focus on "job" to much...You know what you are good at.. Go get em Whispering..It's out there
    I think I finally got my second new turntable to work properly..bought it because it looked so clean and simple..ugh..returned the first one because of an intolerable speed issue..second one has been good although it started skipping for no apparent f'n reason..Think I have that one resolved
    Man...I've got two 30 year old decks that still outperform this thing..I was seduced...lol
    Kat said:
    That's a neat idea! I will have to try this!
    SD48277 said:

Feel good...you are better than those jobs.
    Thank you Susan. When
    Even the most meanial jobs turn you down, it's discouraging.
    Bigrfish said:

When I think "JOB"..I immediately open my beer fridge...sorry I know that didn't help.
    For what it's worth..I think we tend to focus on "job" to much...You know what you are good at.. Go get em Whispering..It's out there

Thank you Bigrfish. :-) unfortunately what I'm really good at no one hires for. But oh well I will carry on.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Kat said:
    my sis will be angry..she loves her clips!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Gun Club..Fire Of Love..This album is growing on me...again...lol
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited June 2015
    Today I had a bit of a fit at work. Not a tantrum, but enough to require me to call the floor manager over for some coworker intervention.

I work as display staff at a fairly well-known art gallery. It is my job to display things in an artistic way. They are pretty open to whatever I do. I was talking to a coworker and noticed a lamp in a display I had done. I did not put the lamp there. It's no big deal. I unplugged the lamp and put it back on the shelf it was on. Then I began to notice something. All of the acrylic risers and plate stands that I used to display the items with were gone. All of the wood bowls and boxes were shuffled around on the shelves and displayed "flat." The bowls were on the lower shelf, the things that were on that shelf there was no longer room for, so now those were on the floor. (A $100 handcrafted wood bowl displayed on the floor along with handcrafted inlaid wood clip boards makes a ton of sense to me.) Wall items were moved around. I purposely displayed the wood bowls in plate stands and on risers to show off the knots and holes, bark and spaulting, stitching and shape. There was nothing wrong with the display. I had spent a few hours stripping the display down to bare wall and re-doing it a handful of weeks before.

Here's the thing. Not to sound all full of myself or anything, but I'm good at what I do. I've been working for this gallery for going on 14 years. I don't display expensive art items on accident. I very much do so on purpose and try to do so to highlight their beauty. They like what I do and I've kind of earned free reign because I've been there for so long. I don't abuse it, but when I have a coworker who only works a day and a half, is only a fill-in employee and she goes through and "fixes" displays that there is nothing wrong with, I can't take it anymore. If she "fixed" it to make it look better, that would be one thing. She didn't. It was no longer aesthetically pleasing whatsoever. She took all of the flow out of the display and made it a jumbled mess that took me another couple of hours to fix. I was pissed off, hit a wall with display because I was ticked, had to get over the fact that I couldn't just plunk and drop things into holes and I had to strip the whole display down again. I admit that it took me longer than it should. I didn't have very constructive energy when going into it again.

She doesn't deal with nervous energy well. She means well. I told them that. I told them that I understand that she doesn't go forth with malicious intent, but even when given tasks to do, she cherry picks what she wants to do if she feels like it or she just shoots off like a tornado.

I may have said that she can't work with us anymore. (I was denied since they brought her back for our store.)

I may have said I was going to kill her if she destroyed another display again. (Figuratively speaking, of course. No true death threats. I made that clear.)

I may have dropped f$%k a few times before the floor manager got there and with NO CUSTOMERS in the store. I normally don't do that. I've been dealing with the tornado that is Pam since Christmas. I've tried to be kind even though I knew her habits from the store next door. That's why they gave her to us. She drives them crazy. Sadly, I snapped. I did have two other coworkers there backing me and the claims that I had against her. I think both of them were stunned. Neither one of them have seen me at my breaking point.

The solution? They are going to speak with her. They want us to make up a list of things that she can tackle that they will give them to her. We've also addressed the fact that she likes to display garden stakes between the bricks in the walkway. 1. People will walk into them. 2. That loosens the pack between the bricks, thus loosening the bricks, causing a fall hazard and the owner would kill her then. They are going to speak with her about that, too.

Venting. I needed to do that. Sorry it was lengthy. Y'all wanted to know what was on my mind. There you go. Aren't you sad you asked?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Pam just needs to stop touching your shit.

I'm sorry this happened, and that you had to lose it in order to have the conversation about Pam. However, I'm glad they took it seriously.

No need to apologize. You can vent any time. And please know that you can always message me if you want/need to blow off some steam.
    ELITIST FUK
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Sounds lie Pam needs some construction paper, paste in a pot, safety scissors, crayons, and a coloring book.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Thanks! I was so frustrated that if I smoked or drank, I would have definitely considered doing one or both of those this evening. Instead, the love of my life told me that "it looks like SOMEONE needs to go for a walk." We went for a walk. I talked and talked. We discussed his upcoming levy and about how they want the employees to contribute to the levy fund. (Um, my husband is a park naturalist who doesn't make a ton of money. The other girls make less than what you get at McD's. I'm an artist and don't make what they do at McD's. Why do we have to contribute to a freakin' levy campaign?) We discussed the vacation we intend to take in a year. We discussed upcoming concerts. We discussed tiny housing it and moving to the woods somewhere not near here. We got a lot accomplished in 2 1/3 miles. Sadly, we didn't solve the world peace problem. We'd like to, though.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    deadendp said:

Thanks! I was so frustrated that if I smoked or drank, I would have definitely considered doing one or both of those this evening. Instead, the love of my life told me that "it looks like SOMEONE needs to go for a walk." We went for a walk. I talked and talked. We discussed his upcoming levy and about how they want the employees to contribute to the levy fund. (Um, my husband is a park naturalist who doesn't make a ton of money. The other girls make less than what you get at McD's. I'm an artist and don't make what they do at McD's. Why do we have to contribute to a freakin' levy campaign?) We discussed the vacation we intend to take in a year. We discussed upcoming concerts. We discussed tiny housing it and moving to the woods somewhere not near here. We got a lot accomplished in 2 1/3 miles. Sadly, we didn't solve the world peace problem. We'd like to, though.

Sounds like you solved the peace-in-your-corner-of-the-world problem :smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    RKCNDY said:

Sounds lie Pam needs some construction paper, paste in a pot, safety scissors, crayons, and a coloring book.

Possibly a helmet??? Who the FUCK puts garden stakes in the inlay if a brick wall??? That's common sense!! ( not that I'm the greatest when it comes to common sense, I do a lot of my share of really dumb shit.. But this just blew me away!!)
    deadendp said:

Tiny house it here in Co!! There's TONS of Galleries all over! ;-)
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    You ever get one of those crazy sneezing fits where you sneeze like ten times in a minute and everything in your face starts watering?.

Hello 3am!

Cat is sound asleep on the end of the bed and I'm here like :tired_face:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

You ever get one of those crazy sneezing fits where you sneeze like ten times in a minute and everything in your face starts watering?.

Hello 3am!

Cat is sound asleep on the end of the bed and I'm here like :tired_face:

My twisted brain says you should wake the cat up. Just bug the shit out of him, for alllllll the times he's done it to you! Lol
    ^^ When I was in college, our puppy used to always stick her nose in my ear when I was sleeping and bark. I waited for her to go to sleep and did the same to her. Somehow, she just didn't enjoy it. :i_dunno:
    deadendp said:

^^ When I was in college, our puppy used to always stick her nose in my ear when I was sleeping and bark. I waited for her to go to sleep and did the same to her. Somehow, she just didn't enjoy it. :i_dunno:

Lol!! See??? It think they 'get it'.
    I live in a town of freaks. But hey.. I'mma a freak too, so I guess it all works out! At least I didn't dress up like a bottle of Pepto Bismol this time!

I live in a town of freaks. But hey.. I'mma a freak too, so I guess it all works out! At least I didn't dress up like a bottle of Pepto Bismol this time!

This time? You've done this before? :tongue:
    ELITIST FUK
    edited June 2015

deadendp said:

Tiny house it here in Co!! There's TONS of Galleries all over! ;-)
    Yesterday the manager who is just under the owners in the chain of command smirked and said that she heard that I had been Pam'd. "Um, yes. I snapped." She laughed and said she understood. "I can't blame you." I told her the entire bit I told y'all up above. I have the backing of upper management and that's good. As far as the floor manager, she has a display of her art items at my husband's park building so he said that she chatted him up for a good long while and had nothing bad at all to say about me. "Your job is safe," says the love of my life. I smirked. "I know." =) Fact of the matter is what I said is what everyone else wanted to say. I was just the first one to snap.

And Colorado sounds lovely, but the Pacific Northwest is calling my husband-- loudly. We almost ended up in Glacier, but administration changed and funding was cut. I think he has it in him to still go that direction, but a direction a little closer to civilization if needed. (But not right on top of it.) I told him that we need to do a thorough visit of the area before even truly considering moving out there. We've always been in Northeast Ohio and it would be quite a change. He wants mountains and hiking and trees and just-- not this.
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Today is national hug your cat day. Wheeeeeeeeere is he.... :naughty:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited June 2015
    ldent42 said:

I set my own personal record with 12 sneezes in a row yesterday. Started walking on sneeze 3 to wash my hands (I barely got my hand up to cover it in time instead of the shoulder block), sneezed all the way there, sneezed while washing that hand and then all the way back to my desk. Made my head hurt and I pulled something in my leg.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle