what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Oy vey, Amy! You have your hands full. If you want/need to escape, you are more than welcome at my house. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    :knock, knock: I kind of drive fast . . .
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I'm still cleaning up after Empty and Boomer's visit, but I'll have the spare bed ready and the beer chilled.
    ELITIST FUK
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    deadendp said:

He's an idiot. She waits for him to be in the bathroom, indisposed and pulls his shirt over his head and literally beats the shit out of him. Really? I don't get his fascination with her. I've told him that if I was with a man who beat me and treated me that way, he'd never put up with it.

"She's Puerto Rican," he says. "That's how they are."

"Don't insult an entire people because the woman you are fascinated with has anger management issues and beats you."

Let's wonder why he didn't bother to speak to me for at least 6 months.

He's made choices. He chooses women who beat him and her child over his own two children. Let him sit there for a while. I don't mean to be heartless, but I have his daughter who now has (in the last 3 days) both parents in jail and is graduating next week. Her boyfriend, her son, my daughter and I will be traveling the 2 hours south to watch her graduate. Sad that her parents couldn't take their heads out of their asses and be there to cheer her on. She's too young to take custody of her brother, so he'll most likely go to live with my other brother-- the one who took my sister's 3 kids for 2 months while she was fighting to get custody after her drug manufacturing charges. (75 pot plants, a garage that burned down, evidence seized by the DEA.)

Wow - what a mess. You're doing a good thing, stepping in and being a rock for your niece when she needs it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    She's essentially been emancipated since she was 12. She quit high school 3 times and made the choice to go back to finish. She had a baby in November. She maintains an apartment and cares for her brother and her son. She wants to go to college in the fall. We'll be there to back her the whole way.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

He's an idiot. She waits for him to be in the bathroom, indisposed and pulls his shirt over his head and literally beats the shit out of him. Really? I don't get his fascination with her. I've told him that if I was with a man who beat me and treated me that way, he'd never put up with it.

"She's Puerto Rican," he says. "That's how they are."

"Don't insult an entire people because the woman you are fascinated with has anger management issues and beats you."

Let's wonder why he didn't bother to speak to me for at least 6 months.

He's made choices. He chooses women who beat him and her child over his own two children. Let him sit there for a while. I don't mean to be heartless, but I have his daughter who now has (in the last 3 days) both parents in jail and is graduating next week. Her boyfriend, her son, my daughter and I will be traveling the 2 hours south to watch her graduate. Sad that her parents couldn't take their heads out of their asses and be there to cheer her on. She's too young to take custody of her brother, so he'll most likely go to live with my other brother-- the one who took my sister's 3 kids for 2 months while she was fighting to get custody after her drug manufacturing charges. (75 pot plants, a garage that burned down, evidence seized by the DEA.)

I never did understand these fascinations.. I guess I've just never been in love enough to understand that weird 'pull' that demeans self? None the less, any woman that beats a man, is just as bad as a man that beats a woman. By the way, if she was beating him, how did he catch the charge? ( self defense I'm guessing). Praying for you and your family girl! Your brother's GF sounds like my older sister!
    You know, each of his domestic violence charges were from women who were beating on him. His ex-wife broke his arm. I had to take him to the ER for that one. It looked like a towel that someone was wringing out. :fearful: The latest abuser kicked him in the groin so hard that he couldn't even stand up. He crawled out to the front lawn, called the cops and they took him away. I wasn't there. I don't know what happened. I do know that I've heard that he was absolutely beyond drunk. That can't help his case. He could have been belligerent with the cops. I have no idea.

You know, I saw my brother at my niece's graduation party just the other day. I told my mom that he looked, sounded and acted just like our biological father-- the man who both of us disowned at ages 15 and 11. (I'm the older one.) Bill, as we'll call him, is a raging alcoholic and a gambling addict. Both of my sibs that share the bio father with me are major addicts in one way or another. (My sister has alcohol issues, too, but she now basically abstains. She's also had all encompassing drug habits, by what I hear.) Let's wonder why we don't drink in our house. It's not that I haven't. I did go to college. I did live a life. It's not that I'm against it. It's not that I won't. A very rare, every so many years thing is just fine with me. I'll have the lemonade, thank you.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    pizza or something else??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Something else.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,733
    23scidoo said:

Pita gyro all inclusive
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

Sad how little respect Irish people have for our language. A report today claims that it's dying out in the Gaeltacht areas (areas populated by native speakers where it has traditionally been the first language) and there are people actually saying that this is good news and that it's a waste of time anyway. The ignorance and complete lack of respect for our culture and heritage is thoroughly depressing :(

This makes me very sad. I have always loved the sound of Gaelic ( I believe that is what the language is called correct?) and thought it would be awesome to learn it. ( I made myself learn Latin when I was 13-16 cause I wanted to know the deeper meanings of OUR language) . But I'm a weirdo like that too! Just really sad.
    Ours is Gaeilge, the Scots is usually called Gaelic though and they're very similar :) Never too late to learn you know, lots of places to learn it in America! Irish is still spoken throughout Ireland but it's worrying that the Gaeltacht areas are shrinking
    I saw a thing on NY1 that one of the youth soccer leagues in an Irish American community is now getting Gaelic (I swear thats what they call it. I don't doubt that it's actually Gaeilge) lessons from the community center or whatever.
    Edit: the one by my hood does classes for adults too.I am surprised they are even still there. (Gentrification hit that block HARD)

http://www.newyorkirishcenter.org/events_item.cfm?itemid=50754&catid=14443
    That's brilliant! You should try it out ;) We've always known the Americans call it Gaelic, so we don't really mind, easy to confuse it with Scots Gaelic :)
    When I lived in Scotland I tried to learn Scots Gaelic. Of course, native speakers were rare where I lived (in a small town in central Scotland) but when you traveled to the Western Isles and some places in the Highlands there were still quite a few people who spoke the Gaelic by preference - mostly older people, of course. You could sit in a pub and hear it spoken all around you. It's a really difficult language to learn and I didn't get too far but there are a few words I still remember :smile:
    That's great :) I keep saying I must visit Scotland. It's very like Ireland and the highlands and islands look beautiful. I studied Scots Gaelic as part of my degree in Irish, it's closest to our Ulster dialect but would take a while to get used to!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    My new ac is so quiet and cools so we'll I think I'm in love
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Justin Gatlin running PB's only fans the flames of scepticism regarding doping in athletics...
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    hmmm...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Cream
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I was a total bitch in message form to a friend I hardly see but she so deserved it---years of repressed anger came out. And now she won't talk to me. The old me thinks everyone just needs to get along. The new me doesn't care if I ever hear from her again.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I was a total bitch in message form to a friend I hardly see but she so deserved it---years of repressed anger came out. And now she won't talk to me. The old me thinks everyone just needs to get along. The new me doesn't care if I ever hear from her again.

Happened to me too, but I figure, I really don't need them in my life anyway if they are going to be like that. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Happened to me too, but I figure, I really don't need them in my life anyway if they are going to be like that. :)
    Same here!
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited June 2015

RKCNDY said:

Same here!
    Thank you. You're both right. I just need to stay strong.

Post edited by pickupyourwill on
    I we to a free eye clinic today, and got free glasses. Which was really cool, cause they're used glasses; and whatta YA know?? There's another one eyed Moho out there that once needed the very script I need now! Was a very unique experience!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I we to a free eye clinic today, and got free glasses. Which was really cool, cause they're used glasses; and whatta YA know?? There's another one eyed Moho out there that once needed the very script I need now! Was a very unique experience!

whoa that's trippy!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

whoa that's trippy!
    How do I donate my old glasses to a free eye clinic? Is that what happens to them when I give them to Lenscrafters? Thanks for reminding me I gotta find a "check for glaucoma" eye doctor.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    LUNCH! I wanna go, but I have to wait for Lili to get back....RAWR....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Concerts Tuesday through Friday for me this week...my happy place!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

whoa that's trippy!
    How do I donate my old glasses to a free eye clinic? Is that what happens to them when I give them to Lenscrafters? Thanks for reminding me I gotta find a "check for glaucoma" eye doctor.
    I just donated my old ones today when I left. So I
    Would check to see where there are free clinics in your area, and see if they support that program. And Ian guessing that's where they get them?? It was just really cool. Have never done that before.

And further, I joined a hiking group not long ago online, and finally we to hiking with one of them
    Today.. Turns out she's a huge PJ fan too! And she lives HERE where I do!! Omg!! FINALLLY!! A fellow fan to hang out with in this town!!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    edited June 2015

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

whoa that's trippy!
    I just donated my old ones today when I left. So I
    Would check to see where there are free clinics in your area, and see if they support that program. And Ian guessing that's where they get them?? It was just really cool. Have never done that before.

And further, I joined a hiking group not long ago online, and finally we to hiking with one of them
    Today.. Turns out she's a huge PJ fan too! And she lives HERE where I do!! Omg!! FINALLLY!! A fellow fan to hang out with in this town!!!
    Wow - what are the odds? (Maybe pretty good - we're everywhere!)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    samjam said:

Concerts Tuesday through Friday for me this week...my happy place!

Whoa, nice!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    Pap said:

23scidoo said:

Pita gyro all inclusive
    no onion please..
    the ''bison'' has arrive..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Posts: 28,733
    23scidoo said:

Pap said:

23scidoo said:

Pita gyro all inclusive
    no onion please..
    :lol: Why? Are you going to kiss somebody? :wink:

It's my mother's birthday today! :bee:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Pap said:

23scidoo said:

Pap said:

23scidoo said:

Pita gyro all inclusive
    no onion please..
    :lol: Why? Are you going to kiss somebody? :wink:

It's my mother's birthday today! :bee:
    Happy birthday Pap's mother..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.