what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    smarchee said:

the neighbour has left their dog in the back yard since at least 6
    gonna go check and see if he is still out

I hope the doggie is okay. I recently saw a story about a doggie in Long Island that got rescued from its owner who "couldn't afford to feed it much" and had it out in the backyard. They found rocks and clothing in the dogs stomach.

So I've been having a lot of problems with Chrome recently and today I finally lost my patience. I was trying to upload a pic to photobucket and couldn't because "shockwave crashed" over and over. I don't use extensions and very few plug ins none of which conflicted with each other. I went so far as to a full reset my settings gone and it STILL didn't work. Spent like 10 minutes trying to find my damn "chrometheme" to get back to normal and it turns out - Chrome just needed to be updated. :fp:

so annoyed at myself.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Pet peeve: People who start a thread or comment on one purely to tell us just how much they hate a certain band or how crap they are

I just do not understand their motivations or what purpose it serves. Does it give them some weird kind of twisted enjoyment to share their negativity?

For whatever reason, it really really irritates me...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Pain
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Maybe I'm a flirt and don't know it. Maybe the gentlemen of the boards can answer this.

I try to be nice to people. I smile a lot. I kid around with people. (As many people as I can. I kind of gauge the situation, though.)

Last year, I had an old guy hit on me. That's fine. That didn't freak me out. It was the way he did it. (It's here that I remind you that I work at an art gallery.) He came in. Needed help. I got what he needed, was writing the sale up and asked for his phone number. We are supposed to do that on every slip, but I only take it for checks and charge. He leans across the counter, points to his bare ring finger and tells me about how he isn't married. I would have loved to see the look on my face. He is a fan of the tanning bed and his teeth are overly whitened. I'll remind you that he was still leaned way across the counter.

I have personal space issues anyhow. I blame the shortness thing for that.

"No, no, no! That's not why I was asking!"

I told him that I was married and that was not why I was asking for his number. I was just asking because it was a credit card sale. I always wear my wedding ring. I know that doesn't mean a lot to some people, but it does to me.

He kept trying to give me his phone number.

"No, really. I'm good." I refused to take it.

Fast forward to today. About 5 minutes before he came in, I had a flash of memory. I was helping someone else. Not a male at all. A very pale older woman. At any rate, there he was with his old dude smile with the too much whitening and far too much tanning. He needed my help.

Crap.

"Hey! How are you today?" he asked. I did what I needed to. I was all business. I wasn't fun and joking around.

When he went to leave, he said, "You really did me a big favor last year."

He knew that I knew what he meant. "Oh really? What was that?"

"Um, uh . . . " he stammered. He thanked me and left. I could have had his creepy ass banned from the gallery. I work at a mom & pop. My boss wouldn't have hesitated to call him and ask him not to return. Thankfully, my coworker was with me. She remembered his creepiness from before.

Here's my thing. I'm nice to people. I'm not going to apologize for that. I do try to joke around and have a good time. Life would be really boring if not. Does that lead men (of all ages, including this man who could have been my father and was possibly qualifies for Medicare) to think that I'm wanting some type of relationship with them? I had another creepy customer (a younger guy) want to take me on a paid vacation to Central America after Christmas one year.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ^^^ eww eww eww
    you just reminded me of the uber creepy people I had to help at the clinic.
    I'm nice, I smile...that's my fucking job, I don't care about...ugh, I can't even...yuck.

*shudder*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Fix line
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    deadendp said:

Maybe I'm a flirt and don't know it. Maybe the gentlemen of the boards can answer this.

I try to be nice to people. I smile a lot. I kid around with people. (As many people as I can. I kind of gauge the situation, though.)

Last year, I had an old guy hit on me. That's fine. That didn't freak me out. It was the way he did it. (It's here that I remind you that I work at an art gallery.) He came in. Needed help. I got what he needed, was writing the sale up and asked for his phone number. We are supposed to do that on every slip, but I only take it for checks and charge. He leans across the counter, points to his bare ring finger and tells me about how he isn't married. I would have loved to see the look on my face. He is a fan of the tanning bed and his teeth are overly whitened. I'll remind you that he was still leaned way across the counter.

I told him that I was married and that was not why I was asking for his number. I was just asking because it was a credit card sale. I always wear my wedding ring. I know that doesn't mean a lot to some people, but it does to me.

Fast forward to today. About 5 minutes before he came in, I had a flash of memory. I was helping someone else. Not a male at all. A very pale older woman. At any rate, there he was with his old dude smile with the too much whitening and far too much tanning. He needed my help.

Crap.

"Hey! How are you today?" he asked. I did what I needed to. I was all business. I wasn't fun and joking around.

"Um, uh . . . " he stammered. He thanked me and left. I could have had his creepy ass banned from the gallery. I work at a mom & pop. My boss wouldn't have hesitated to call him and ask him not to return. Thankfully, my coworker was with me. She remembered his creepiness from before.

Here's my thing. I'm nice to people. I'm not going to apologize for that. I do try to joke around and have a good time. Life would be really boring if not. Does that lead men (of all ages, including this man who could have been my father and was possibly qualifies for Medicare) to think that I'm wanting some type of relationship with them? I had another creepy customer (a younger guy) want to take me on a paid vacation to Central America after Christmas one year.

Do you not think maybe these people are just lonely and a friendly face draws them to you? Ultimately they sound harmless. Also the fact that he kept trying to give you his number isn't that odd when you did actually need it for your records ;)

Of course I'm sure it doesn't seem as harmless when you're actually experiencing it! I'm just a bit naive and like to believe everyone is good and harmless at heart, until they give me serious cause to think otherwise

deadendp said:

Crap.

Congratulations, you've internalized victim blaming! It's not your fault or anything you've done wrong. Creeps gonna creep. One thing I'll point out is that you are a captive audience when you're at work in sales or service or whatever and those creeps know that. Some of them undoubtedly seek out those scenarios on purpose. A lot of times you'll get the lonely old person who is just looking for company. Sometimes you'll get the lonely not so old dude who turns out to be a nut job. General rule of thumb, anyone who goes out of their way to interact with an establishment's employees more than being nice and polite and friendly is probably a perv and a creep.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    Basketball
    I hate always worrying about my skin and how bad I look :(
    ^^ :frowning:
  • PapPap Posts: 28,733

Basketball

Football :smile: Our favourite teams play against each other in both sports. Let's see how's that's going to turn out. :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004

You look great, don't worry so much :)
    Annafalk said:

You look great, don't worry so much :)
    You're very kind, thank you :) I'm a born worrier haha
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    edited May 2015
    Watched my best friend graduate (and Michelle Obama was a commencement speaker!) two days ago. So happy I was able to be there for her special day--it's important to support your friends! Very proud of her. It was a great distraction from real life and the decisions I have to make.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    That it's about fucking time the sun shone its face in Colorado!!
    Orange
    Allll the things.
    ldent42 said:

Allll the things.

I don't know why, but this made me think of Dylan Moran :) (never a bad thing!)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    this wicked campaign
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    With the exception of waiting for the FS guy to call me back AGAIN!! ( phone tag), I got everything done today that I needed to, and am
    Now free to mow my
    Yard, and go hiking! Yay!!
    netherlands
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    It's really nice when someone takes a step back, looks at a situation from the other person's viewpoint, admits that they were wrong and apologizes...rather than continually denying they did anything wrong.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    ^^ That is nice. Appreciate that moment, for they come by so rarely.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    RKCNDY said:

It's really nice when someone takes a step back, looks at a situation from the other person's viewpoint, admits that they were wrong and apologizes...rather than continually denying they did anything wrong.

I have a reputation to uphold. You didn't have to let everyone know I apologized for that post. Wasn't my apology enough for you. You have to gloat now also.

In seriousness glad that happened. Not enough people are either smart enough to look at it from the other side or just dont care to.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    RKCNDY said:

Dude that's rarer than a fuckin unicorn!
    I'm happy for my husband. He went to see one of his favorite bands last night, was on the rail, got to stand in front of the guitarist and FINALLY see how to play that song that has eluded him for years, walked away with a pick and some great conversations from the guitarist and many other guys who played last night. He was so excited that he just couldn't sleep. :)
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Happy birthday, Dad. Would have been 64 today. I miss him so much, and I think this past almost year in particular. It's tough to be without the person who understands you the most in the time you need the most support.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    562 years ago..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    What should I do this weekend? I have no plans except to not drive more than 30 minutes away for a change.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7