Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    no one gets banned for how they think. only for how they act. I speak from experience.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Well then I should have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    :get_outta_here:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If I can't get banned for my opinion, than no.. That was all I was doing. Staring where I stood in that matter. I realize and respect that you had a great enough experience in life to prefer human's over animals.. But you can't get mad at me for not having that luxury. So since it is an opinion... And nothing more.. I should be fine. And I don't have to change my opinion because you find it cruel.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I understand it as "as long as you don't call people names or use personal attacks" you are fine.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I understand it as "as long as you don't call people names or use personal attacks" you are fine.

That is the general consensus, from what I understand as well.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

If I can't get banned for my opinion, than no.. That was all I was doing. Staring where I stood in that matter. I realize and respect that you had a great enough experience in life to prefer human's over animals.. But you can't get mad at me for not having that luxury. So since it is an opinion... And nothing more.. I should be fine. And I don't have to change my opinion because you find it cruel.

I didn't say you'd get banned. you did.

carry on.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Back to square 1 isn't even accurate--it's more like square zero. But here we go again. Another 8 job apps plus two inquiries in this week. And more hoping.

I feel like I complain a lot on here, and if you feel that too, I apologize. Don't really have anyone to talk to this about other than my bf and a few friends I trust.

So here's some GOOD!
    Interpol concert tomorrow
    Eddie/Pete on Thursday (!!!!!!!!!!!), plus my first time in Chicago which means getting to explore the city a bit on Friday
    Jerry Seinfeld on Saturday

That's a pretty awesome end to the week if you ask me! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    RKCNDY said:

Yes it is never the opinion itself that's the problem, it's how you choose to express it. I could disagree completely with someone's point of view but as long as they express it in a polite and reasonable manner then I can have no objection, I can merely choose to disagree in an equally polite manner :)
  • Options
    samjam said:

Back to square 1 isn't even accurate--it's more like square zero. But here we go again. Another 8 job apps plus two inquiries in this week. And more hoping.

I feel like I complain a lot on here, and if you feel that too, I apologize. Don't really have anyone to talk to this about other than my bf and a few friends I trust.

So here's some GOOD!
    Eddie/Pete on Thursday (!!!!!!!!!!!), plus my first time in Chicago which means getting to explore the city a bit on Friday

Yes it is!! And you 'complain' no more than the rest of us! We all do it ho done extent. Hope your job search starts turning up some results soon!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    How fucking tired I am...and that's it really...just trying to make it through the last couple hours at work...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    samjam said:

So here's some GOOD!

Have fun samjam! I was in Chicago for the first time last October for a conference and loved the city. Lots of good food and good music. ( and.....Milwaukee 10/20/14!)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    samjam said:

So here's some GOOD!

Have you considering enrolling in a certificate program or something at the local school? The one here does a photography certificate that I plan on doing one day. It'll probably boost your spirits, more importantly - it'll give you access to THEIR career services department, who should be able to help you with finding a job in the field you completed your degree in.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I may have possibly gotten myself banned again! All cause I don't think the same way most people do., :blush:

Hey! Look! No bars! It appears that you are still good. :triumph:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    This local university kid decided to schedule a music event at the condemned stadium up the street. I applaud his attempt to do something positive for the city. The event is expected to draw between 1,000 - 10,000 people. The police department said he didn't give them enough time, so they can't "divert resources" but that if something happens, they'll come. The city's answer to trying to discourage the event was to shut down the city lots around there. So, we'll have an event on Friday night with a potential of 1,000 - 10,000 unmanned people at a condemned facility with cars to boot and no where to park them. Should be a hot mess. I've emailed the mayor and police chief. I live in a fairly sizable city in Ohio and we should be able to handle this, as opposed to giving a free pass to every degenerate in the area because our police department is going to be hands off. Why can't the city just shut the event down? Why can't the police department provide at least some forces? I don't live in a dirt road down. l am concerned about what is potentially going to go down with this event.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Thinking about that horrible Amtrak derailment. I've taken that route before, as have a lot of people I know, so it adds to the scariness. My thoughts are with all who are affected. So terrible.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    deadendp said:

This local university kid decided to schedule a music event at the condemned stadium up the street. I applaud his attempt to do something positive for the city. The event is expected to draw between 1,000 - 10,000 people. The police department said he didn't give them enough time, so they can't "divert resources" but that if something happens, they'll come. The city's answer to trying to discourage the event was to shut down the city lots around there. So, we'll have an event on Friday night with a potential of 1,000 - 10,000 unmanned people at a condemned facility with cars to boot and no where to park them. Should be a hot mess. I've emailed the mayor and police chief. I live in a fairly sizable city in Ohio and we should be able to handle this, as opposed to giving a free pass to every degenerate in the area because our police department is going to be hands off. Why can't the city just shut the event down? Why can't the police department provide at least some forces? I don't live in a dirt road down. l am concerned about what is potentially going to go down with this event.

Do you live in Queens?? ( soooooo kidding) but seriously, without police reinforcement, and no open lots for parking.. I agree shut it down! Too many
    Variables, not safe. I don't see how they can let that go on??
  • Options
    I think that their thoughts are that if they shut it down, there will be a riot so they'll just ignore it. Nice. No response back from the Mayor or Police Chief. Didn't expect one, either.
  • Options
    My timehop app showed me a pic of my Tabby Lu this morning, and I started bawling...I've been very emotional...I think because I haven't had my meds in like 3 weeks, so I'm not doing so good...so I'm still in a very down mood...I miss my little kitty so much!!! I am listening to pop music to try to cheer myself up...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

My timehop app showed me a pic of my Tabby Lu this morning, and I started bawling...I've been very emotional...I think because I haven't had my meds in like 3 weeks, so I'm not doing so good...so I'm still in a very down mood...I miss my little kitty so much!!! I am listening to pop music to try to cheer myself up...

How have you been off meds for three weeks???! I'm getting worried, cause mine have started to lose effect, and I'm still trying to find a good Psych that takes Medicaid.. So I know that struggle.. I don't mind the manias too bad, but the depressions kill me.. I have to struggle through each day....

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hugs.
  • Options

PJSiren said:

How have you been off meds for three weeks???! I'm getting worried, cause mine have started to lose effect, and I'm still trying to find a good Psych that takes Medicaid.. So I know that struggle.. I don't mind the manias too bad, but the depressions kill me.. I have to struggle through each day....

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hugs.
    Well, I ordered them late and didn't have enough to last much longer(I have to use mail order service for them)...and my dr never responded to the fax he got from them...turns out he got it alright, but didn't bother to respond or contact me telling me the reason he wasn't approving it was because it's been too long since he saw me, so I've been without for 3 weeks, and will probably be for another 1.5 weeks to 2 weeks because I have to go see him next Tuesday and then wait for the damn meds to get to me...

It's been a frustrating ordeal...and I think why I have felt so sick...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    samjam said:

Thinking about that horrible Amtrak derailment. I've taken that route before, as have a lot of people I know, so it adds to the scariness. My thoughts are with all who are affected. So terrible.

When things like this happen it always reminds me that terrible events which happen in so called 'First World' countries tend to affect us more deeply, perhaps because we feel protected against disasters that happen in Third World countries whereas when disaster strikes in a country like our own it tends to remind us of our own mortality.

Obviously for you samjam it really was close to home so my observation doesn't relate to you! Just pondering it myself and knowing how I react differently depending on where a disaster occurs. I don't think it's necessarily something I should be ashamed of as I suppose it's human nature and survival instinct, we fear more greatly that which we think could as easily threaten us...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I'm feeling relieved that the semester and the house preparations are done. Now, someone has to come and BUY this place quickly so we can get on the road!!!!!!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Relieved my doctor went ahead and filled my meds since I made the appointment with him...I should have them in a few days!!! instead of another 2 weeks...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    I just watched this film. Really thought provoking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGxy85R380
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

Relieved my doctor went ahead and filled my meds since I made the appointment with him...I should have them in a few days!!! instead of another 2 weeks...

Yay! That's great news!
  • Options
    Some people take other people WAAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously! Lol
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The Padres' pitcher (#46) sure does pitch weird...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,635
    Monday
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    good night in sports last night.
    Rangers, Cubbies and Hawks all won!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore