what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    the tv show Suits has kick ass music soundtrack...brilliant music and songs
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • How I can get out of the second half of work today. Do I fake a migraine or just admit my kid got me up at 1:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm supposed to interview a new potential intern in an hour and then after that want out of here one way or the other.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    People at work are driving me fucking nuts today. Can't wait for this day to be over.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    samjam said:

Man, it bothers me when people post selfies on the PJ FB pages that are clearly just for attention/likes.

That is fairly annoying. Yes, it's clearly just for some attention. Kinda sad that they need it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    working at a desk is emptying my soul..........
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,850

Read this today and it hit a nerve, this is why we have PJ :)

It makes sense to focus your time and energy on those things that really make you feel ecstatic, or at least happy, to be alive. Don't take someone else's word for what those things should be. Follow your heart to the source of that which refreshes your soul and drink deeply from it. If you do this, your world will become a lot bigger, and your problems will seem significantly smaller.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818

It makes sense to focus your time and energy on those things that really make you feel ecstatic, or at least happy, to be alive. Don't take someone else's word for what those things should be. Follow your heart to the source of that which refreshes your soul and drink deeply from it. If you do this, your world will become a lot bigger, and your problems will seem significantly smaller.
    Beautiful! I so agree and try so hard to live this philosophy.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

I am having a hard time right now knowing what, besides my daughters, gives me that feeling. I dont really enjoy life anymore. I dont feel depressed (i have battled it in the past, so I know the difference), I just feel.....I dont know if bored even properly expresses it. I just dont understand the point of it all. Life. Death. The in between. So it is making it difficult to really enjoy anything, knowing it has very little if any effect on anything, and it is all essentially meaningless. I feel completely without feeling. It is really hard to quantify in type.

www.headstonesband.com

• working at a desk is emptying my soul..........

I am having a hard time right now knowing what, besides my daughters, gives me that feeling. I dont really enjoy life anymore. I dont feel depressed (i have battled it in the past, so I know the difference), I just feel.....I dont know if bored even properly expresses it. I just dont understand the point of it all. Life. Death. The in between. So it is making it difficult to really enjoy anything, knowing it has very little if any effect on anything, and it is all essentially meaningless. I feel completely without feeling. It is really hard to quantify in type.
    You quantified how you feel quite well.
    You are responsible for introducing new lives into this world.
    Life throws curveballs to everyone. No one is unique.
    You are in a phase that will pass.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I saw somebody walking their pet pig in front of my house...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682

the tv show Suits has kick ass music soundtrack...brilliant music and songs

Great programme too :)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    dinner
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    RKCNDY said:

you should have run out the house with a bib on yelling "FRESH BACON!"

www.headstonesband.com

• RKCNDY said:

Or, I didn't know you guys DELIVERED?!!!

Sooo kidding!! Pigs make awesome pets!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    Panatha must win..panatha must win..panatha must win..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    My interview is finally tomorrow....WOOT!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Yay, BBC are going to do another series of Poldark :)

RKCNDY said:

I was by the front window, and couldn't make out what the guy was doing, and I was like, "WTF kind of dog it THAT!??!?!...OMG! it's a pig!" I tried to take a pic, but the little pig was walking so fast-I think it was a mini pig-he was the size of a Jack Russel (or Parson's Terrier). Seemed the pig was more walking the owner...and yes, pigs are super smart.

he wouldn't have made much bacon...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

I love BBC shows...what is Poldark about? I've not heard of it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I was by the front window, and couldn't make out what the guy was doing, and I was like, "WTF kind of dog it THAT!??!?!...OMG! it's a pig!" I tried to take a pic, but the little pig was walking so fast-I think it was a mini pig-he was the size of a Jack Russel (or Parson's Terrier). Seemed the pig was more walking the owner...and yes, pigs are super smart.

Well, another thread decided that 4 pieces of bacon was the correct amount....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

4 pieces of bacon??? That only brushes the surface!!! :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJSiren said:

Did the first one finish already? I thought it was up to like ep 5 or 6 or something?

PJSiren it's about Aiden Turner without his top on ... as far as I can figure anyway :wink:
    It's actually really entertaining, it's a drama about what happens when the next generation is woefully unprepared to maintain old family business and what happens to the 'gentry' when they get a good swift kick in ass from the reality of the outside world. I'm sure Jenny can phrase that a lot better than I can though lol
    Team Demelza!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Yeah, no kidding, I'm more of a "want Mac and cheese with your bacon?" kind of girl...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Yeah, no kidding, I'm more of a "want Mac and cheese with your bacon?" kind of girl...
    Mmmm, that sounds delish!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Excited about tomorrow! I get to see my other sister's new house now.. And.. There's a ton of puppies to play with down there!! Oh fun fun fun!! Chiuahua/ Jack Russell mixes, a Daschound, a Chow mix, a Papillon/Pomeranian mix and a Mutt!! Yay!! Can't wait to see the Paperanian.. That's what I'm calling it!! Lol
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

Did the first one finish already? I thought it was up to like ep 5 or 6 or something?

PJSiren it's about Aiden Turner without his top on ... as far as I can figure anyway :wink:
    It's actually really entertaining, it's a drama about what happens when the next generation is woefully unprepared to maintain old family business and what happens to the 'gentry' when they get a good swift kick in ass from the reality of the outside world. I'm sure Jenny can phrase that a lot better than I can though lol
    Team Demelza!
    Ah Aidan Turner, we do produce some decent men here in Ireland don't we? :)

It's a period drama about a man who returns home to Cornwall after being off fighting for the Brits in the American War of Independence. He's part of the gentry but also apart from it as he's a bit of a rebel! Admittedly if you're a girl, it's enough that Aidan Turner is in it but the story isn't bad either :p

It's still going on BBC but they've already commissioned a second series of 8 episodes as the ratings have been so good for this first series
  • RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

He must have been a baby. Even the Vietnemese Potties get to over 100lbs. But yeah they sure are neat animals..
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Trying to figure out how my brother and I are sooo completely opposite. How did we end up having such different values. We are drifting farther and farther apart. He's someone I don't enjoy being around ((i'm sure he feels the same about me) Its sad really, but I'm just feeling like I don't want to try anymore.
  • wasa1971 said:

Trying to figure out how my brother and I are sooo completely opposite. How did we end up having such different values. We are drifting farther and farther apart. He's someone I don't enjoy being around ((i'm sure he feels the same about me) Its sad really, but I'm just feeling like I don't want to try anymore.

My oldest sister and I are like that. I feel for you. Sometimes we just have to accept Parting Ways..
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144

wasa1971 said:

My oldest sister and I are like that. I feel for you. Sometimes we just have to accept Parting Ways..
    I wish I didn't take it so personally, but he drives me crazy. He always says that I'm not listening to what he has to say, when in fact I listen but I don't agree. He needs to be right all the time and it just doesn't work that way as we all know.