Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Since the new year I have seen this guy on my evening runs. He was a big guy be he sweated it out and now he looks great, kind of like Seth Rogan when he was a bit heavier. (I've always had a thing for Seth Rogan) Anyways I want to tell him that he looks great and what a good job he's done but don't know how to say it. I don't want encouragement to be seen as more, but it's impressive he has stuck with it and I know when I was trying to get rid of my baby weight nothing felt better than another mom at the gym telling me good job.

do you smile or does he smile/wave to you when you see him?
    If yes, then just say, "you should be proud of your hard work, you look great"

if no, then maybe a quick, "you've been working hard and it shows...keep it up!"

I dunno, I like telling random people who look like they are having a hard day something nice.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Wishing this fever would break...contemplating that dreams you have while you have a fever, make no sense what-so-ever....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Why do I have to go in to see cardiologist sooner than my set appt.?
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    RKCNDY said:

Since the new year I have seen this guy on my evening runs. He was a big guy be he sweated it out and now he looks great, kind of like Seth Rogan when he was a bit heavier. (I've always had a thing for Seth Rogan) Anyways I want to tell him that he looks great and what a good job he's done but don't know how to say it. I don't want encouragement to be seen as more, but it's impressive he has stuck with it and I know when I was trying to get rid of my baby weight nothing felt better than another mom at the gym telling me good job.

do you smile or does he smile/wave to you when you see him?
    If yes, then just say, "you should be proud of your hard work, you look great"

if no, then maybe a quick, "you've been working hard and it shows...keep it up!"

I dunno, I like telling random people who look like they are having a hard day something nice.
    When we crossed paths last night I told him 'wow you've got a good pace going' it was true first thing that came to mind.

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

Why do I have to go in to see cardiologist sooner than my set appt.?

Whatever the reason, hoping all is well and just preventative.

• Options
    Thanks, but, I've been wearing an event monitor for the last few weeks after a few ambulance trips to the ER after tachycardia issues, and triage called me yesterday saying the EKG is sending abnormal upper chamber readings, so now the cardiologist wants to see me sooner than planned. :-SS
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Back to luife, back to reality... At least it is summer here in Michigan! What a funfilled vacation!
  • Options
    Nothing annoys me more (and I know I really have no right to be annoyed about anything since I'm on vacation) than entering into a debate and having my entire post dismissed. Fight me, tell me how wrong I am and why, tell me my facts are incorrect - but DO NOT say that 'i won't even quote that, a lot of words that mean nothing'. That truly touches a cord in me. I responded carefully as we do in reasoned debate (or some do) and I am careful here. I love to debate politics, social issues, etc. and I am an educated big girl who can take guns blazing at me. But I do not have respect for the practice of just dismissing someone. Just needed to vent a bit, it got my back up, I don't think, reflect, post, correct, then hit enter just to be disregarded. So I now know which threads not to enter. It's just one of those things that gets to me, esp. when a guy does it - for right or wrong. Phew....
    I am going to sit on the balcony and send my Hannah Strong pictures to Rob (a day late). Went to the beach at 7:30 and a kind gentleman (well,a nice looking guy) took about 10 different pics. There are good people in this world. Breathe in good - shake off nonsense. Okay - I'm getting there.
    Peace to you all and have a day that make you smile, at least once. :)>-
  • Options
    I more than a little embarrassed to say I don't have a firm grip on the Israeli / Palestine conflict. Meaning I have an idea of why but have not taken the time to really read and research. I know there is probably quite a few opinions in the snake pit (a moving train) but not sure I'm ready to jump on that train yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :)>-
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I lay in bed last night with random shit on my mind and couldn't sleep....tossed and turned...I literally slept maybe an hour and a half all night....and now am so tired but when I try to lay down nothing happens, I still can't fall asleep....I have way too much on my mind and don't even know where to begin to sort through it all....I just really need to get a job....I seriously pray I get this job I'm interviewing for on Thursday...so the stress can end for both myself and my hubby....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I lay in bed last night with random shit on my mind and couldn't sleep....tossed and turned...I literally slept maybe an hour and a half all night....and now am so tired but when I try to lay down nothing happens, I still can't fall asleep....I have way too much on my mind and don't even know where to begin to sort through it all....I just really need to get a job....I seriously pray I get this job I'm interviewing for on Thursday...so the stress can end for both myself and my hubby....

Wishing you the best if luck. I know how stressful finances can be. I have a lot on my mind right now too. My go to PJ song for stressful situations is Hold On. It's gets me through.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Trying to decide whether to take a vacation day tomorrow...
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

Take the day. Hit the beach with a cooler or the movies.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,736
    edited July 2014
    smarchee said:

fuck I had such a warped dream after I woke up at 7 AM and went back to sleep, almost wasn't worth it

Here ya... woke up an hour ago from a dream that a sudden barrage of nuclear weapons were detonated around the world, and then the shock waves, then the dust clowds signaling the start of nuclear winter, although fallout was also a concern... it was pretty clear it was the beginning of the end of the world. Scary-ass, super vivid and realistic-feeling dream. Feeling a bit disturbed still. :-S

But on the bright side, I'm seeing Mark Lanegan and Nick Cave tonight, so if my dream was a premonition, at least I'll have those two scratched off the list of artists I still need to see live. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

smarchee said:

fuck I had such a warped dream after I woke up at 7 AM and went back to sleep, almost wasn't worth it

Here ya... woke up an hour ago from a dream that a sudden barrage of nuclear weapons were detonated around the world, and then the shock waves, then the dust clowds signaling the start of nuclear winter, although fallout was also a concern... it was pretty clear it was the beginning of the end of the world. Scary-ass, super vivid and realistic-feeling dream. Feeling a bit disturbed still. :-S

But on the bright side, I'm seeing Mark Lanegan and Nick Cave tonight, so if my dream was a premonition, at least I'll have those two scratched off the list of artists I still need to see live. :P
    [-O< Hoping that wasn't a premonition!
  • Options
    Watching Jewel of the Nile....Kathleen Turner was so beautiful. Fast forward to Marley and Me ...
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

Take the day. Hit the beach with a cooler or the movies.
    I may just do that!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,525
    edited July 2014

Back to luife, back to reality... At least it is summer here in Michigan! What a funfilled vacation!

So now you can start bumping my thread. I still have 10 days. ;):D
    PJ_Soul said:

Mark Lanegan tonight

I saw him twice in the past 3 years (once with Ms. Campbell in London and once solo, or if you prefer with his band, in Athens). You're in for a real treat! ;):D Who's that Nick Cave guy?... :))
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    edited July 2014
    Not watching the USA soccer game cause I'm dropping off a load of my crap at my new apartment. :D
    EDIT: Actually, it's not crap. It's all of my PJ Posters and musical instruments.. That's the first stuff to go
    Post edited by FrankieG on
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    My Flight back to Perth tonight.
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    Oh, maybe you will see dolphins? :)
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    I miss my old user name :( and I don't care for the new forum.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,736
    edited July 2014
    Pap said:

So now you can start bumping my thread. I still have 10 days. ;):D
    PJ_Soul said:

Mark Lanegan tonight

I saw him twice in the past 3 years (once with Ms. Campbell in London and once solo, or if you prefer with his band, in Athens). You're in for a real treat! ;):D Who's that Nick Cave guy?... :))
    Mark was good - that voice. :x He only did maybe six or seven songs..... And then Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... WOW!!!!!! One of the best concerts I've ever seen. So intense and entertaining and engaging and fucking cool!!! Just awesome! It's interesting. I prefer Lanegan ' s albums over Nick Cave on the stereo, by a long shot... but Nick Cave live was just a whole other thing all together! Unforgettable! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Wondering if my mate prefers the light or the darkness and if they have delved to see both..
    Just bored hanging around for a while...
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

I really hope you will get a job soon, good luck to you!!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    So sick of being sick.... I need a break but not from my daughter, she still needs me 24/7 somehow, and it would be nice to know if dad will pay for my holiday since he has enough to help me...if he lets me, need release..
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,525
    PJ_Soul said:

Mark was good - that voice. :x He only did maybe six or seven songs..... And then Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... WOW!!!!!! One of the best concerts I've ever seen. So intense and entertaining and engaging and fucking cool!!! Just awesome! It's interesting. I prefer Lanegan ' s albums over Nick Cave on the stereo, by a long shot... but Nick Cave live was just a whole other thing all together! Unforgettable! :)

Told ya!... :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Picked a great day to haul a load of my crap to my new apartment... 90 deg F and 'feels like' 103 deg F... Great idea Frankie...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7