Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765

My kitty is sick....and I'm very scared it could be serious, as she's not a spring chicken anymore...she's been vomiting for three days and not eating....I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon....just very worried....

I hope she gets well soon.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Will anyone notice if I leave the office insanely early??? And if they do, will anyone care?
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i need sleep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i need sleep

Dimi! Hi! I have a new user name so you don't recognize me but still..../waves wildly

So glad to see you :D
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

My kitty is sick....and I'm very scared it could be serious, as she's not a spring chicken anymore...she's been vomiting for three days and not eating....I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon....just very worried....

Hope kitty will be better!
  • Options
    jallardjallard Montreal Posts: 46

Please! Give us some news! Love kittys!

Mini taking a nap
    imageimage" />
    Ouate de phoque?
  • Options
    Awww what a cute kitty!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I don't have too many hat hair days but I have had sunburned scalp many times. The pain is bad but what worse is the 2-3 days it takes the sunburn to peel and it looks like giant dandruff.

oh my god this. whats worse is when u don't realize your scalp was burnt and then it starts peeling.... I've been dealing with this for the last month.

And mystery bruises! Ive got one on my wrist that is just baffling.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    sleep
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Happy to report that my kitty's blood work came back normal, the Dr. said her stomach felt totally normal, but she has this mass on her lip that she has had for a while and we have to get removed, and it is infected and he thinks that could be what is causing the vomiting, so he gave her a shot of an antibiotic for the infection and two shots of medicine for her tummy....and I'm to just keep an eye on her and we are going to get the mass removed at her next dental visit.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Happy it turned out ok and nothing more serious. :)
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Thank you! Me too! I've had this cat for 10 years, and I would just be devastated if something happened to her....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Why is every kid in my neighborhood in my kitchen? :-/
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

Do you have popsicles, ice cream, cookies or other such sweet treats?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,745
    edited July 2014

jallard said:

Had 2 sunstrokes in my life. One bicycling. My bad, didn't drink enough water. The second one... Ashamed of telling this happenned the 1st and last time I went to a tanning salon (need it here if you don't want to go to Mexico in january and fear people with your ghostly apearence). Get there, told the guy to check at my "red hair and frekles" kind of skin. I thought he'd understand. Been sick for 3 days with looked like small heart attacks, feelin' cold when it's 104° outside, basically wishing you were dead for 3 days... Now I remain a ghost, no matter what. Fortunate to have almost dark hair so people can see me. And no, I'm not into gothic make up or clothes or whatever... I just look like a cake all summer!

My ex had a sunstroke once after working outside all day.He came home and threw up and wound taking him to ER. really sucked but, he's o.k
    Not fun. I went to a water park for 12 hours when I was 13 and didn't know the sunscreen was expired. I was really fucked up badly. The burns were blistering, and my sunstroke was so bad that I started throwing up, was delirious, and i went completely blind for 3 hours. @-) Went to the hospital of course. Very dangerous. Also couldn't go to school for a week and missed my grade 7 sock hop prom, lol.

Check that expiry date on your sunscreen regularly folks!!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I hope she gets well soon.
    Me too. Always tough to see your kitty suffer. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Happy to report that my kitty's blood work came back normal, the Dr. said her stomach felt totally normal, but she has this mass on her lip that she has had for a while and we have to get removed, and it is infected and he thinks that could be what is causing the vomiting, so he gave her a shot of an antibiotic for the infection and two shots of medicine for her tummy....and I'm to just keep an eye on her and we are going to get the mass removed at her next dental visit.

Excellent! :)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    FrankieG said:

The 12 hour drive ahead of me today.

Stay safe! Wharee are you going?

I have a 2 hour drive. Hoping that traffic will keep it at 2 and not turn it into 3..
    I drove from where I live in northern BC halfway across the province to drop my niece off with her mom before continuing on to my best friends place for the weekend. Traffic was horrendous but arrived safe and sound.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

Very glad your kitty is ok :) I'm adopting a new to me kitty this weekend, we make the trek home Monday.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Flying..and the song release..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565

Great news! :-bd
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618

Happy for you and your kitty...he's so cute !
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618

=))
    Good luck ! Hope your fridge is full !
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    For the first time in a long time I had stress fee day at a waterpark. Got there early and claimed a coveted spot under a cabana right by wave pool along with 5 other families. As usual I was trying to use the backpack strap to tie it down it the chair when I had an idea.

I turned to my to my group in my cabana and to no one in particular said out loud "anyone for sharing shifts to watch the stuff" to my surprise almost all agreed right away. In fact it was then negotiated that the parent who stayed behind for guard duty was also treated to a 2 beers and a slice of pizza. We set up a rotation and bam, stress free day at the watermark.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    My new nickname for my husband is SOB (Son of a Bitch)--- because it applies nicely to both of them.
  • Options
    flirt..
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

flirt..

;) Men are so cute when they flirt! ;;)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,269
    i don't see anybody beating ronda rousey any time soon. she is the most dominant fighter i have seen i a long time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Wonder if I missed my dad on skype today