Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Re: PJ tattoos ... On the one hand, I'm in a place right now where PJ is so much a part that it would make sense, also considering cbg's thoughs ... On the other hand, I have one tiny teensy tattoo. And I kind of almost would love to be without any. To be special amongst all the tattoed folks around here. Cav has a kickass tatto, also PJ related, and there is nothing much that I could imagine to be any better. Mine would just pale compared to that.
    Tattoos aren't meant to be compared, though! To me, tattoos are so, so personal--they just need to be special to you!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    samjam wrote:
    Re: PJ tattoos ... On the one hand, I'm in a place right now where PJ is so much a part that it would make sense, also considering cbg's thoughs ... On the other hand, I have one tiny teensy tattoo. And I kind of almost would love to be without any. To be special amongst all the tattoed folks around here. Cav has a kickass tatto, also PJ related, and there is nothing much that I could imagine to be any better. Mine would just pale compared to that.
    Tattoos aren't meant to be compared, though! To me, tattoos are so, so personal--they just need to be special to you!

I know! I don't know if I would commit myself so much to a band though. I love the idea of having PJ lyrics on my body, but I cannot seem to get myself there. Cav's tattoo isn't lyrics. He has the Binaural nebula on the inside of his arm. It looks freaking awesome.

I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday. It's a tiny little man on my arm. It looks tribal-ish, but it is actually from a music book from school. A little devil. I paid it with the birthday money from my grandparents and confessed it to my Mom 2 years later lol
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    yeah i've seen cav's tattoo. that thing is pretty sweet.

i have a few smaller pearl jam related ones and i am just trying to think of a background design to tie them all together. i am not creative in that way, so it has been more difficult for me than it would be for most people. i am trying to avoid using words or lyrics. no particular reason, i just don't think it would go with the designs i already have.

i think tattoos in the way i think of art. they are pieces of art. i don't think they need to be compared. they are just to be appreciated by the person who wears it. if someone else thinks it is cool, then all the better :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

I know! I don't know if I would commit myself so much to a band though. I love the idea of having PJ lyrics on my body, but I cannot seem to get myself there. Cav's tattoo isn't lyrics. He has the Binaural nebula on the inside of his arm. It looks freaking awesome.

I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday. It's a tiny little man on my arm. It looks tribal-ish, but it is actually from a music book from school. A little devil. I paid it with the birthday money from my grandparents and confessed it to my Mom 2 years later lol
    Understandable! And oooh Cav's tattoo sounds awesome and beautiful! All of my tats are small and black. I'm hoping to get a larger, colorful one, more of a piece of art, in the coming years!

:lol: My roommate has a tattoo that she got at like 17 and it's been 4 years later and she still hasn't told her dad! It's funny how people can have different perspectives...my first tattoo was an 18th birthday present from my dad! He took me and I remember him being waaayy more nervous than I even was :lol: (he was needle-phobic...or else I'm convinced he'd be covered in tattoos, he always thought they were way cool!)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

my first tattoo was an 18th birthday present from my dad! He took me and I remember him being waaayy more nervous than I even was :lol: (he was needle-phobic...or else I'm convinced he'd be covered in tattoos, he always thought they were way cool!)

That is awesome :D My parents don't really like tattoos. They see them as a social level marker ... But they do like Cav's. In Germany, they are not as common as over here in the States where seemingly everybody has them!
  • Options

i think tattoos in the way i think of art. they are pieces of art. i don't think they need to be compared. they are just to be appreciated by the person who wears it. if someone else thinks it is cool, then all the better :)

This echoes what samjam has said, and I agree with it. I was just raised in a different wqay, and in Germany, tattoos are way less accepted than in the States. I think they CAN be art, too. Your tattoo is awesome too :thumbup: And yes, if it makes you happy, go for it! I do see a PJ tattoo in my future, but i'm not certain yet, and my skin gets older :|
  • Options
    Michigan...this trip better work :evil:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    This "sevens" mayhem is so odd. I wonder what Tyler Durden would say. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    2 full work weeks..then a 3-day week...and then a 2-day week...and then off to Vancouver/Seattle. Yes, somehow breaking it down like this makes it seem closer. :oops: :shifty:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    We're trying to hire my replacement, but we haven't had any decent candidates. I just hope they hire someone smart, because I'll probably have to train them a bit before I move.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I had a thought, but it was to tough to articulate, so I gave up.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i wish the 10C gift cards could be used on tix...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    2 full work weeks..then a 3-day week...and then a 2-day week...and then off to Vancouver/Seattle. Yes, somehow breaking it down like this makes it seem closer. :oops: :shifty:

:thumbup: Anything that helps :D
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Chicago......Chicago is on my mind.

Oh and, that awesome freaking Ginger on that guitar up there ^^^^
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Chicago......Chicago is on my mind.

Oh and, that awesome freaking Ginger on that guitar up there ^^^^

:wave: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    farside.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    farside.jpg

that cracked me up. thanks. :D

feeling rather downtrodden. tired of feeling this way. doing all i can NOT to feel this way, but none the less.
    one bright spot, i get to, finally after all these years on the various pj boards, meet the amazing ms. haiku tomorrow. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Considering a trip to Detroit after watching the Anthony Bourdain episode last night. :think: Probably not until the summer, though.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Considering a trip to Detroit after watching the Anthony Bourdain episode last night. :think: Probably not until the summer, though.
    Michigan is on my mind, too! Hopefully will be there in January (freezing my ass off for a week :lol:)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

Oh, that sounds interesting! I'm living close to Detroit, can you point me into a direction with that episode?

On my mind - Cav is at band practice 8-) I never had a guy who was in a band, that's kinda exciting :D
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

Oh, that sounds interesting! I'm living close to Detroit, can you point me into a direction with that episode?

On my mind - Cav is at band practice 8-) I never had a guy who was in a band, that's kinda exciting :D

The show, Parts Unknown, is on CNN. You can probably watch it online through their website or YouTube (I think). It's not so much the "hipster dining" that intrigued me, but the sidewalk BBQ. I'm a sucker for a good BBQ.

C'mon...Detroit is the home of Hitsville, USA, MC5, The Stooges!! What is not to like? 8-)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:

The show, Parts Unknown, is on CNN. You can probably watch it online through their website or YouTube (I think). It's not so much the "hipster dining" that intrigued me, but the sidewalk BBQ. I'm a sucker for a good BBQ.

C'mon...Detroit is the home of Hitsville, USA, MC5, The Stooges!! What is not to like? 8-)

I know, I moved here from Germany last year ;) I dig the D! Thanks for the heads up, I will check that out :thumbup:
  • Options
    I know, I moved here from Germany last year ;) I dig the D! Thanks for the heads up, I will check that out :thumbup:

You are very welcome! On a side note: my nephew is in graduate school in Hamburg, and he loves being in Germany.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

You are very welcome! On a side note: my nephew is in graduate school in Hamburg, and he loves being in Germany.

Cool :thumbup: Hamburg is a very nice city.
  • Options
    boobies...again....
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    who let all this riff raff into the room ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    who let all this riff raff into the room ?

lay off the dope, rick
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Stuff and nonsense
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    my laptop is acting all fuckety lately
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Life is full of surprises.

Hot damn I found everything I was looking for without even knowing I was looking for it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2