Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Made another two sourdough rye breads from scratch today and they turned out awesome again! I might have to change my career and become a baker. Maybe German breads could make me rich in the US :think:
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Made another two breads today and they turned out awesome again! I might have to change my career and become a baker. Maybe German breads could make me rich in the US :think:
    can we call the bakery "You Bread Your Ass!!"

a play on "you bet your ass"..

would anyone get it?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Made another two sourdough rye breads from scratch today and they turned out awesome again! I might have to change my career and become a baker. Maybe German breads could make me rich in the US :think:

Are you coming to Cali? You could bring some bread!!
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Made another two breads today and they turned out awesome again! I might have to change my career and become a baker. Maybe German breads could make me rich in the US :think:
    can we call the bakery "You Bread Your Ass!!"

a play on "you bet your ass"..

would anyone get it?

What about "You bake your ass"?
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Eddie Breader
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

I would love something like "Flour Power" or "Brotway" :lol::lol:

I can send you one, but I don't know ifthey make it through customs ... We will be in Seattle, I will make sure to have one with me then :lol:
  • Options

I would love something like "Flour Power" or "Brotway" :lol::lol:

I can send you one, but I don't know ifthey make it through customs ... We will be in Seattle, I will make sure to have one with me then :lol:

I doubt it will...given I work for the dept that oversees that...I doubt I could plead ignorance :lol::lol::lol:

Sadly, I won't be in Seattle :( but I am sure it will be awesome
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    Why does bourbon taste so good? I miss 81!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Pearl Jam in Europe :fp:
    plus Christmas in Australia :fp: :fp:
    I need to sell a kidney :think:
    They say you only really need one kidney. ;)
    I was unsuccessful at convincing my husband of that :roll:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options

Say what?? LOL

My back is killing me...physio was rough tonight.
    Christmas 2014 in Australia is a definite
    PJ in Europe is a dream
    The selling of the kidney is a possibility :think:

• Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    They say you only really need one kidney. ;)
    I was unsuccessful at convincing my husband of that :roll:

I'll talk to Tim. Don't worry about it
  • Options

When are you taking orders?
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:
    My Bloody Valentine show in Toronto tonight

think I will get super baked

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

accomplished, still super

have to get up for work in 5 hours

dang
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have a lot to do before I leave for Asheville tomorrow night!! Going to see Panic, but hear the leaves are prime in the mountains right now!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

I'm wondering how many "sample collections" will my work need to have in order for me to save enough money to see PJ in Europe... :think:

Also, I hate being sick..but staying home means I get to have lunch with my sweetie :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Get better soon, Ashlee! Being sick sucks, but better now than in December ;)

We are thinking about Europe next summer too ... I would love to see my home country and family and friends again and stuff my face with German bread :oops: :lol: And I'd love to have Cav see PJ playing Wuhlheide ...
  • Options

We are thinking about Europe next summer too ... I would love to see my home country and family and friends again and stuff my face with German bread :oops: :lol: And I'd love to have Cav see PJ playing Wuhlheide ...

Thanks Lisa! Yes, definitely better to be sick then 1 month from today! :mrgreen:

Was ist Wuhlheide?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    where did I put all my cords for my sirius?? Taking a road trip with no sirius going on is torture....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks Lisa! Yes, definitely better to be sick then 1 month from today! :mrgreen:

Was ist Wuhlheide?

It is one of the nicest venues I have been to so far :) It's in the middle of a forest in Berlin.

Here, you can see a bit ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QPX_DB8Vk

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/mItkY2LdwVI/maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

I'm wondering how many "sample collections" will my work need to have in order for me to save enough money to see PJ in Europe... :think:

Also, I hate being sick..but staying home means I get to have lunch with my sweetie :mrgreen:
    sample collections? :shock: :o :shock: :lol:

Feel better! You must have gotten the Eddie Vedder germs too :fp:

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

You should really give this a go. I have no idea how to go about it, but I DO know that in my area the small batch artisanal-type bread from "The Bakery" sells for $4-$5 a loaf.

In the summer the farmer's market that sets up shop across the street from me has a bakery table that sells the same type of bread but made my them and it's $1-$2 more than "The Bakery" ones. Also they got these cookies that should be illegal they're so good!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm just "SO" relieved to be finished moving... ahhhhhh ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

You should really give this a go. I have no idea how to go about it, but I DO know that in my area the small batch artisanal-type bread from "The Bakery" sells for $4-$5 a loaf.

In the summer the farmer's market that sets up shop across the street from me has a bakery table that sells the same type of bread but made my them and it's $1-$2 more than "The Bakery" ones. Also they got these cookies that should be illegal they're so good!

:thumbup: Thanks for the encouraging words :) I'm not a professional baker, I just love my bread and since I cannot find it here to my satisfaction, I'm making it myself. I'm not sure at this point in time if it would be worth the effort. Maybe one day when we have a house in the countryside, I can imagine having something like a little private "farmer's market"... Ah, that would be so cool.

And mmmmh cookies! I need to make my oatmeal-walnut-dark-choc cookies again. They are hefty, but so good!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Was ist Wuhlheide?

It is one of the nicest venues I have been to so far :) It's in the middle of a forest in Berlin.

Here, you can see a bit ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QPX_DB8Vk

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/mItkY2LdwVI/maxresdefault.jpg

Nice! :thumbup:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

sample collections? :shock: :o :shock: :lol:

Feel better! You must have gotten the Eddie Vedder germs too :fp:

Yes...you know $2 for this swab, $5 for that swab... :lol: but seriously, I really hope they start these collections again...because it could really help our PJ tour fund... :lol:

Thanks! I thought I was going to beat it...but I'm was surrounded by germs...Eddie's, Kyle's, my boss's, the girl in the cubie next too me...only a matter of time before I succumbed... :|

i just realized that succumbed has both cum and bed in it... :?
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Yes...you know $2 for this swab, $5 for that swab... :lol: but seriously, I really hope they start these collections again...because it could really help our PJ tour fund... :lol:

Thanks! I thought I was going to beat it...but I'm was surrounded by germs...Eddie's, Kyle's, my boss's, the girl in the cubie next too me...only a matter of time before I succumbed... :|

Even if I'm annoying everybody out there with it, but it helped me - I haven't gotten anything so far... Try raw apple cider vinegar. It has to be the organic stuff with the "mother" in it. Drink tiny shots (not a whole shotglass full, just a tiny bit) up to three times a day, gargle with it and then have some water right after. It is supposed to kill germs and contains a shit load of vitamin c and all kinds of minerals. You can also make a hot drink, mixing it with hot water and some honey. But I prefer the shots.

Get better soon!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Even if I'm annoying everybody out there with it, but it helped me - I haven't gotten anything so far... Try raw apple cider vinegar. It has to be the organic stuff with the "mother" in it. Drink tiny shots (not a whole shotglass full, just a tiny bit) up to three times a day, gargle with it and then have some water right after. It is supposed to kill germs and contains a shit load of vitamin c and all kinds of minerals. You can also make a hot drink, mixing it with hot water and some honey. But I prefer the shots.

Get better soon!

Interesting....does cider beer work too? :)
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    I still haven't been told by upper management exactly when my job transfer to Chicago is going to happen, but today I was instructed to place ads and get interviews lined up for my current position. That means my transfer should be happening some time soon-ish (maybe)!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Get better soon!

Interesting....does cider beer work too? :)
    I'd rather go this route :lol:

• Options
    It's worth a try :lol: