what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• wtf?

:eh:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Cancer and everything that comes with it is the worst thing ever :(

(no, I dont have cancer. But a family member is going through a scare right now. test, wait, FUCK!! :( )
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Caveeze wrote:

(no, I dont have cancer. But a family member is going through a scare right now. test, wait, FUCK!! :( )
    oh man, that sucks. sorry to hear about that. my thoughts are with you and your family. i'm hoping for the best news :)

i have lost too many people, and my dog, to cancer. i fucking hate cancer.

Caveeze wrote:

oh man, that sucks. sorry to hear about that. my thoughts are with you and your family. i'm hoping for the best news :)

I hear ya.. anymore losses in my family to this would have to border on the shittiest world record ever..But, even if it is true, this form of cancer in question has a very high cure rate while in an early stage..,, Still, fucking blows...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I hear ya.. anymore losses in my family to this would have to border on the shittiest world record ever..But, even if it is true, this form of cancer in question has a very high cure rate while in an early stage..,, Still, fucking blows...
    i hear ya about losing family members to it. my closest cousin had testicular cancer about a year and a half ago. he is in remission now, but still scary. lost 3 grandparents to very strange and aggressive cancers, so i am thinking that may be what gets me in the end as well.

best wishes for your family member. with support from people like yourself and your wife, i am comfortable in saying that they will be ok, because nobody fights alone. :D

Caveeze wrote:
    i hear ya about losing family members to it. my closest cousin had testicular cancer about a year and a half ago. he is in remission now, but still scary. lost 3 grandparents to very strange and aggressive cancers, so i am thinking that may be what gets me in the end as well.

best wishes for your family member. with support from people like yourself and your wife, i am comfortable in saying that they will be ok, because nobody fights alone. :D
    That was really sweet man! thank you.. :D made me smile again :D:D
  • Caveeze wrote:
    That was really sweet man! thank you.. :D made me smile again :D:D
    you know me man, i always say what is on my mind.

it will be ok man. stay positive.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ah shit matt, i'm sorry to hear that...hang in there
    norm wrote:
    Thanks buddy.. wont know shit 'til friday.. Keeping the fingers crossed.. truly, thank you :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Caveeze wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Thanks buddy.. wont know shit 'til friday.. Keeping the fingers crossed.. truly, thank you :D

been there my man...i'll be thinking of ya :)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Caveeze wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I hope everything turns out ok Cav. It still sucks, but it's good that if it is cancer they caught it early! that's always important! Like you said, when caught early, many cancers have a very high cure rate. It's still a very stressful situation, but remaining as positive as possible can only help the situation.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Stephen Colbert
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The MRI I had this morning and the music choices I could choose from had NO PEARL JAM AND NO RUSH. so I chose Metallica which had a volume of 2 :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    A funny picture. :lol:

why-is-yawning-contagious01.jpg

(I love baby faces because they are so expressive!)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    It's a rollercoaster of a day!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    g under p wrote:
    The MRI I had this morning and the music choices I could choose from had NO PEARL JAM AND NO RUSH. so I chose Metallica which had a volume of 2 :o

Peace

don't MRIs sound like crazy techno anyway?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :fp:
  • sending good vibes to you, Cav! I hope all turns out okay and you get good news on Friday!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    When people suck at communication :fp:

I hate it. I really do.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Chris Cornell solo :o We're gonna end up in the poorhouse for this fall :fp:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

he is playing here where I live
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

he is playing here where I live

Go go!! We will try to catch one show, too ...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Cicero, New York
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    shortstack wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

don't MRIs sound like crazy techno anyway?

Yes they do or like a super mad woodpecker. I certainly needed more volume, more than half the choices were country and rap CDs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Looking forward to my birthday dinner!! I'm gonna get me a big arse steak! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Putting in for a transfer... and going through HR directly.

I'm sick of having a weak manager with an assistant manager that is assuming all the power and has begun writing people up for small fuck ups. The managers have begun dictating while they sit around all day and gossip about shit while getting absolutely nothing done... therefore putting a majority of the hard work on the shoulders of the second shift. We don't have time to do two shifts of work. It's even more frustrating when both managers take EVERY weekend off. It's no surprise we lost 4 people in a week and more are considering leaving.

It's the beginning of the end for that charade. Mutiny is afoot :lol:
    Putting in for a transfer... and going through HR directly.

I'm sick of having a weak manager with an assistant manager that is assuming all the power and has begun writing people up for small fuck ups. The managers have begun dictating while they sit around all day and gossip about shit while getting absolutely nothing done... therefore putting a majority of the hard work on the shoulders of the second shift. We don't have time to do two shifts of work. It's even more frustrating when both managers take EVERY weekend off. It's no surprise we lost 4 people in a week and more are considering leaving.

It's the beginning of the end for that charade. Mutiny is afoot :lol:

People like that are the worst :x Best of luck you get everything sorted!
  • I hate playing financial catch up.. I don't want to go to work, but hey I get to have a beer tonight when I get off work!!! Yay! It's the little things...
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    champagne.

Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • drinking a beer, watching airplane 2, the sequel, and waiting for tomorrow afternoon to get here. seeing some old friends. it could be a shit show :)