Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    F'in woodpeckers! I'm getting an airsoft rifle. :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    RKCNDY wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:
    I am oficially moving to elementary special ed this fall.

Change is good change is good change is good

is this a job you wanted?
    After much thought, Yes. I have very close friends that I am going to miss, but I know in my heart that we will always stay close. There are a lot of things about middle school children that I will miss also. My current job position wasn't filled when they called my name, but I knew that I had to make this change. This new position was actually my #2 choice with my #1 being my current position.

The elementary school is 2 miles from home, really good neighborhoods, great principal and a supportive staff. I know the other special ed teacher there, we taught together for 10 years.

So many emotions right now. I'm sad to be leaving, excited to go somewhere new, nervous to meet new people, damn happy to say adios to a toxic principal.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Half of my spring cleaning is DONE!!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    jbarbian wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

After much thought, Yes. I have very close friends that I am going to miss, but I know in my heart that we will always stay close. There are a lot of things about middle school children that I will miss also. My current job position wasn't filled when they called my name, but I knew that I had to make this change. This new position was actually my #2 choice with my #1 being my current position.

The elementary school is 2 miles from home, really good neighborhoods, great principal and a supportive staff. I know the other special ed teacher there, we taught together for 10 years.

So many emotions right now. I'm sad to be leaving, excited to go somewhere new, nervous to meet new people, damn happy to say adios to a toxic principal.

Congratulations. I just got a new job today as well. After working for the worst boss I have ever had or even heard of for three years. No matter how much you love your coworkers or clients, a terrible boss makes it impossible to be completely happy. Good for you and good luck. I think you made the right choice.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

Be happy that you will be helping those that are in need of a great mentor. You really seem to care about your students, and that is one of the most important things about being a teacher. :D

toxic principals= :nono: they should find a new line of work.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991

Congratulations. I just got a new job today as well. After working for the worst boss I have ever had or even heard of for three years. No matter how much you love your coworkers or clients, a terrible boss makes it impossible to be completely happy. Good for you and good luck. I think you made the right choice.
    Thank you! I feel at peace about this. I guess would never know if I can be good at elementary if I never try it.

And Congratulations to you!

Some people are never meant to be in charge! Employees don't leave jobs; they leave bad bosses.

http://www.inc.com/welcome.html?destina ... -boss.html
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Desinging my front porch garden to contain Truffle and his buddies so they can frolick in the sun.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Must. Find. Motivation. One paper due tomorrow afternoon, one final Friday morning, then freedom!!!

Also: so during finals week at my school people leave 'sacrifices' to a statue of our mascot that's outside of our library for good luck. It's usually something like a note, a candy bar, a can of beer, etc. But a couple nights ago someone left a deep fryer. I repeat: A DEEP FRYER. Where in the hell does one get an entire deep fryer?
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Which plants I'm going to move, and where I"m gonna put them. I'm in the middle of my summer-yard-improvement project and I'm working in my favorite part right now. The shady side under the trees. (!) :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    It has been 10 days. Where the heck is Dimistris?
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    It has been 10 days. Where the heck is Dimistris?
    He still posts on FB.. So he's still alive... He said he fired all the maids!!!?? Lmao..
    Maybe he's just taking a breather from here..
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    That I'm a lucky, lucky girl... :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    i see a conman... :wave:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    ^^ :thumbup:

On my mind ... Cars, and the new qotsa album. People are RAVING! I won't listen before I get the vinyl. Two more weeks!
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:
    HELLO! :wave:
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    HELLO! :wave:

how's school going?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,374
    ^^ :thumbup:

On my mind ... Cars, and the new qotsa album. People are RAVING! I won't listen before I get the vinyl. Two more weeks!

Oh man. Good luck with that! Now that its "out there" it'll be hard to ignore.
    Im really liking it so far.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Finished that 16 page paper with 20 minutes to spare. Damn I cut that one close!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    samjam wrote:
    Finished that 16 page paper with 20 minutes to spare. Damn I cut that one close!

nothing like a deadline to push you to get it done.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

What's the ruling? Is this a "that's what she said" moment? :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

I see three distinct things in her post that could have a reponse of 'thats what she said'
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I see three distinct things in her post that could have a reponse of 'thats what she said'

:lol::lol::lol: But I was talking about your post. But I see what you're saying now. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    samjam wrote:

I know the feeling. Congrats on getting it done :D

I missed the first half hour of a concert this year because I had to finish some work off. Priorities I guess.

I hope you're getting drunk Friday night 8-)
  • Options
    goodbye camper...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: But I was talking about your post. But I see what you're saying now. :lol:

:lol: ok, you are right too.
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    When did people stop saying Thank you?!?!?!
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

just before they stopped saying you are welcome

i hate when i hold a door open and don't get a thankyou.....i always say you're welcome when i don't get a thank you. fuckers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Chicago, were are all very polite here in New York Mam.
  • Options
    SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    81 wrote:

i hate when i hold a door open and don't get a thankyou.....i always say you're welcome when i don't get a thank you. fuckers

Me too. I also stopped my Tundra in the middle of an intersection yesterday to explain to another driver how right-of-way works. That was fun... :lol:
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

Exactly! I always say Thank you and You're Welcome, especially when someone went out of their way to do something nice/thoughtful for me!

Fuckers, indeed!
    I lost a bet...