Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,374

baby-giraffe.jpg

This guy is too cute!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    My wife and I always balance things out one way or the other. If I go to Alpine for a weekend I give her a weekend of her own. That eliminates the guilt and envy.

this

i take trips all the time without the woman...and she goes to NY with out me. works out for both of us since she dislikes pj and i dislike ny.

IMO, it's good to get away from each other a little bit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,374
    81 wrote:
    My wife and I always balance things out one way or the other. If I go to Alpine for a weekend I give her a weekend of her own. That eliminates the guilt and envy.

this

i take trips all the time without the woman...and she goes to NY with out me. works out for both of us since she dislikes pj and i dislike ny.

if hubby is down with that, then i agree
    but if he's not willing for a trade off of freedom of his own for making her feel guilty for going...
    im not sure its worth it.

a chat with hubby is in order.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Done with the semester! I start the Arab-Israeli Conflict on Monday!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

always a fun and interesting topic. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Mmmmh two years ago today I was at my first qotsa show ... On JHo's birthday. It was awesome. I got to know redrock there :D Man, I miss them.
  • Options
    I have a chance to go to wrigley. I probably have enough airline miles to get me to Chicago free. The hotel room is booked and paid for. If I go, I will feel a little guilty taking off on my family, even though it would only be a couple of days. Also, we used our last batch of airline miles for me to fly to Tulsa last fall to see eddie solo. It's kinda time for hubby to do something for himself. The problem is that he won't. If I go there will be very subtle and long lasting hints of guilt thrown in my direction. If I go I may not be able to see the number of shows that I'd like to see on the fall tour. Assuming there is a fall tour in the northeast. I haven't seen pj in almost 15 years. It's time but it has to be right. I don't need more stress and it shouldn't be this hard. Ugh.

a chance? do you want to go or not? if so then go and don't let anyone lay a guilt trip on you. if hubby wont do anything that's his issue. the only pressure youre feeling is the pressure youre putting on yourself. he should be happy that youre happy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Taught by an Iranian :P
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I have a chance to go to wrigley. I probably have enough airline miles to get me to Chicago free. The hotel room is booked and paid for. If I go, I will feel a little guilty taking off on my family, even though it would only be a couple of days. Also, we used our last batch of airline miles for me to fly to Tulsa last fall to see eddie solo. It's kinda time for hubby to do something for himself. The problem is that he won't. If I go there will be very subtle and long lasting hints of guilt thrown in my direction. If I go I may not be able to see the number of shows that I'd like to see on the fall tour. Assuming there is a fall tour in the northeast. I haven't seen pj in almost 15 years. It's time but it has to be right. I don't need more stress and it shouldn't be this hard. Ugh.

How long have you been married? I love when my wife's goes away for a few days.
  • Options

Taught by an Iranian :P

the Persians have a very long, interesting and rich history. pay attention you might learn something. ;) :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

the Persians have a very long, interesting and rich history. pay attention you might learn something. ;) :P

:lol:

I've had him before
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    81 wrote:

this

but if he's not willing for a trade off of freedom of his own for making her feel guilty for going...

Yes to all of the above. It's definitely nice to do fun things without each other but it's more complicated for him to take off because of his work. I need to convince him to do something too. Part of me says it would be better to be the adult that I am and go somewhere as a family together for a long weekend and hold out for the fall tour. The other part says... I've been waiting so long and missed so many chances to see them when the kids were babes I don't want to wait longer. We know wrigley will be epic!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

How long have you been married? I love when my wife's goes away for a few days.

18 years :roll: it's not that he would miss me so much that he couldn't stand to see me go. :lol::lol: That's not the issue
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    this

Yes to all of the above. It's definitely nice to do fun things without each other but it's more complicated for him to take off because of his work. I need to convince him to do something too. Part of me says it would be better to be the adult that I am and go somewhere as a family together for a long weekend and hold out for the fall tour. The other part says... I've been waiting so long and missed so many chances to see them when the kids were babes I don't want to wait longer. We know wrigley will be epic!

I hope i never become the adult that thinks family holidays are the path to sanity and a harmonious family life.

p.s. I just got back from a 5 week wander around the US(my 3rd in 18 months) and me and my family are better off for my little jaunts. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

baby-giraffe.jpg

This guy is too cute!!!

I love his ridiculously big head and long legs :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    $600 for a rolling stones ticket

ha

HAHAHAHA!

BAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

ha

HAHAHAHA!

BAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

just pulled a united center, 319 (side stage, row 2) for $256 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I think underwear could be more versatile. I mean its 2013, cant they add some stuff to make it better?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I think underwear could be more versatile. I mean its 2013, cant they add some stuff to make it better?

stuff? what kind of stuff?
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    these are clever
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VG5ZRY/ref ... B002VG5ZRY
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Well, I dunno, Im no designer, but im thinking James Bond gadgetry.

I wish I hadnt clicked that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Well, I dunno, Im no designer, but im thinking James Bond gadgetry.

I'm glad I clicked that.
    fixed :lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    81 wrote:

ha

HAHAHAHA!

BAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

just pulled a united center, 319 (side stage, row 2) for $256 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bahahaha! AHHAHAHAHAHA

A hooo hoo hoooooo

bahahaha
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

baby-giraffe.jpg

This guy is too cute!!!

Looks like Don Knotts.
    ealfpaadi.jpgamp
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

This guy is too cute!!!

Looks like Don Knotts.
    ealfpaadi.jpgamp
    Perfect resemblance :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Going home for the first time in 6 months... Crazy.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Going home for the first time in 6 months... Crazy.
    i know what that's like
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Powerball tickets
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my buddy's parents are going away for the weekend.. we're gonna party like high school kids :lol:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    conman wrote:
    my buddy's parents are going away for the weekend.. we're gonna party like high school kids :lol:
    Jealous. Thats fun when you're older.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.