Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    When I took my horse psychology courses, I only went on field exercises, skipped all the actual classes, studied my own horses, and wrote my papers as needed... Other than that, I was never in class. I graduated top of my class with my best friend at the time! Hahaha. But then again, being raised forcing my way into other people's stables didn't hurt any!! Lmao
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    I don't use any aid, so I'm exempt from it.

:P
    That's good!
    I just figure, as long as students are passing the courses, why should they care if they attend class? :willshrug:
    But I guess this policy of theirs has kept some kids who needed to be managed in college. I just figure that once they're adults, they should be left to sick or swim on their own, without the school "parenting" them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Huh... I think you can miss 3 days at my high school before they didn't allow you to walk at graduation.

I dunno, I never had an unexcused absence in high school
    Wow, you were a good boy. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    When I took my horse psychology courses, I only went on field exercises, skipped all the actual classes, studied my own horses, and wrote my papers as needed... Other than that, I was never in class. I graduated top of my class with my best friend at the time! Hahaha. But then again, being raised forcing my way into other people's stables didn't hurt any!! Lmao
    Yeah, sometimes class is just a huge waste of time. I was working 6 days a week in university while taking full time course loads every term (including summer), and completely supporting myself without loans or help from my (cheap ass) parents. I didn't have time to go to all of my classes. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, sometimes class is just a huge waste of time. I was working 6 days a week in university while taking full time course loads every term (including summer), and completely supporting myself without loans or help from my (cheap ass) parents. I didn't have time to go to all of my classes. :lol:
    That's exactly what Iwas doing!! Worked three jobs, went to school!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    looking at recent pictures of a former girlfriend, with her third child, 3 weeks old,what a weird feeling
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Huh... I think you can miss 3 days at my high school before they didn't allow you to walk at graduation.

I dunno, I never had an unexcused absence in high school
    3 days :shock: I don't think there was a limit when I was in high school. I'm pretty sure that has changed. I missed over 40 days senior year. I already had gotten accepted to college with scholarships and had better things to do with my time (that I cannot coherently recall at this time) :oops: I used to just show up on days I had a test or needed to hand in a paper. The college where I work now has no attendance policy - it's up to the prof and usually will just impact their participation grade unless it's a seminar class. If a class is interesting and the professor keeps the students engaged they'll usually show up for it regardless.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Isn't it awesome when you find out your first day on a new job that you can cover your Macbook with PJ stickers to differentiate it???

Also, it's pretty freaking awesome to meet someone at a new job that already has PJ Wrigley tix when I don't?? I thought they were talking to someone else, but tomorrow I have to do some follow-up and see if they are on the pit. Anyone else at University of Wisconsin here???
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    looking at recent pictures of a former girlfriend, with her third child, 3 weeks old,what a weird feeling
    A little FB stalking eh?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We styed up till two last night for the play offs, I had the time to nap today, and now I am wide awake while Cav is already in sweet slumber. Hmmmph. I'm going to have a smoke on the porch now, testing my paranoia levels in the dark :lol: I wanna be tired!
  • Options
    My older sister just went to a major one day annual rock festival that's held in Kansas City every year...
    She got to see Alice in Chains, then she's going to Wrigley
    with me.. So she'll have seen AIC and PJ in the same year!
    I got to do that in 92'. Just a cool thought..
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The giant trucks are arriving in force. I was worried about the dogs disturbing the men :lol:
    the guys have to scream to each other to be heard over the trucks ...
    very noisy work taking down 100 foot electrical poles and putting up higher ones :?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    things i cannot post.....and they are even all age appropriate :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    A little FB stalking eh?

Yup, she's still so pretty. Her hair was perfect afterwards too, that's how you know she's an 80's girl, give birth and doesn't mess up her hair.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    A little FB stalking eh?

Yup, she's still so pretty. Her hair was perfect afterwards too, that's how you know she's an 80's girl, give birth and doesn't mess up her hair.

found one of my exes mug shot
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    saw one of my exes recently, still an ugly heartless bitch :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

^^^
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    davidtrios wrote:

I can relate to that. have to see her more often than I'd like
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    A little FB stalking eh?
    :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I finally get a new oven! After 3 years of not having one, I finally get one today!

this is the first thing I'm baking...

IMG_7530.JPG

they are proofing in the fridge right now...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I finally get a new oven! After 3 years of not having one, I finally get one today!

IMG_7530.JPG

Mmmmmm seems delicious. Is it cinnamon?
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Thailand & Freedom, got a one way ticket for september 14th going Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnamn, Malaysia, Bali ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWcEJcerziI
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    bluegrace wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

IMG_7530.JPG

Mmmmmm seems delicious. Is it cinnamon?

yes, think cinnamon roll but made with croissant dough instead of a bread dough.
    (this is the first time I've tried to make croissant dough...so I hope it turns out okay)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yes, think cinnamon roll but made with croissant dough instead of a bread dough.
    (this is the first time I've tried to make croissant dough...so I hope it turns out okay)

if i've learned anything in the last 10 years, it's never eat something that is being tried for the first time....wait for at least the second.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    These looks delicious, RK! Good luck :D

On my mind too - I hope Dimi is fine :think: He hasn't been on here for about a week ...
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

if i've learned anything in the last 10 years, it's never eat something that is being tried for the first time....wait for at least the second.

apparently you have not experienced my superb baking abilities... :ugeek:
    These looks delicious, RK! Good luck :D

On my mind too - I hope Dimi is fine :think: He hasn't been on here for about a week ...

thanks Leeze! :)

hope Dimi is alright as well... :(

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    So apparently no one uses VHS tapes anymore... :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    So apparently no one uses VHS tapes anymore... :think:

I still have a VCR...and a shitload of tapes too...

wait a second... :o you weren't thinking about... :shock:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I love coffee at work.. If I drink just the right amount, I swear I could fly..

yep, coffee.. it is good..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13