• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm never drinking moonshine again.

:lol:

Rofl_10.gif
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Agreed. Had some in TN a few years ago.. rough stuff.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I had some of that Saturday night....HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never again

:lol: Where did you end up on Sat night Sheila?

I was warned about the Serbian moonshine...but they literally had these guys just walking around pouring shots for everyone...during dinner alone we must have had 4 shots. I had to cut myself off when the dancing started :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    Why is gas cheaper at convenience stores like 7-Eleven and whatnot? I mean, the gas they sell has to meet the same standards as the gas at Citgo or Shell, right? So is the difference like between buying name brand and generic? :think:

But at the same time, nearly everything else in a convenience store -- from milk and bread to cereal and soda -- is more expensive than in a grocery store. So what is going on here?! :wtf:

sheer volume...grocery stores can buy 1500 boxes of Corn Flakes a week, 7-11 can only buy maybe 50 a month. Bigger volume equals bigger discounts. (I used to work in purchasing and inventory management)
    Name brand is also another factor. But also, grocery chains that have gas (Safeway and Costco) can also buy bigger volumes of gas. Convenience stores rely solely on gas sales to keep them afloat.

but I don't believe that "all gas is the same". Because if I put am/pm gas in my car, it trips up the O2 sensor, and the 'check engine light' comes on. Then if I put in Chevron gas (it *has* to be Chevron) it takes about half a tank of the Chevron gas before the 'check engine light' goes off.

Alright, that makes sense with the volume thing, and I do know of instances when people's engine's got ruined by filling up too often with Casey's gas or something. So I guess I'm just curious as to what the difference is between convenience store gas and gas station gas.

My parents live just down the street from a refinery (I think that's what it is), and we see all sorts of different gas company trucks pulling in to fill up, leading me to think most gas is the same. Granted, the gas trucks I've see are "name brand," by and large, but still. Some of those gas companies talk about how their addititives and whatnot clean your engine and make your exhaust sparkly, but I see that mostly as PR garbage.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I had some of that Saturday night....HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never again

:lol: Where did you end up on Sat night Sheila?

I was warned about the Serbian moonshine...but they literally had these guys just walking around pouring shots for everyone...during dinner alone we must have had 4 shots. I had to cut myself off when the dancing started :lol:

Walking around the neighborhood trick or treating. :lol: took the little men trick or treating and then a few of us mom's had a little get together that included shots of moonshine and god knows what else and a whole lot of spotted cow :lol: you'd be surprised by how many "treats" us mom's got while the kids got their candy treats. :fp: :lol::lol: Definitely a good time.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    kw18 wrote:

Alright, that makes sense with the volume thing, and I do know of instances when people's engine's got ruined by filling up too often with Casey's gas or something. So I guess I'm just curious as to what the difference is between convenience store gas and gas station gas.

My parents live just down the street from a refinery (I think that's what it is), and we see all sorts of different gas company trucks pulling in to fill up, leading me to think most gas is the same. Granted, the gas trucks I've see are "name brand," by and large, but still. Some of those gas companies talk about how their addititives and whatnot clean your engine and make your exhaust sparkly, but I see that mostly as PR garbage.

I have my theories...I would go and get expensive Chevron gas, and would get 400 miles to a tank, then I would go and put say Texaco gas in, and get only 350 miles to that tank...same route and less miles?
    Also one specific 76 I would go to would say I had a full tank, the pump would shut off and it would say 9 gallons dispensed. Then when I started the car, the needle would go up to full, then after a mile, it would go down a quarter of a tank. I bought 9 gallons, I have a 10 gallon tank, drove 1 mile and now have a quarter tank less? :x

We need an expert...where's Cav?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    kw18 wrote:

Where you buy your gas means jack squat. It's federally regulated. All gas is the same as long as it is of equal octanes. Perhpas some difference can be found from gas station to gas station becasue of maintenance, but other than that it's the same. Also, some companies may add a miniscule amount of more detergent but its unnoticeable. If you don't believe me just do a quick google seasrch. Anyone who believes one brand of gas is better than another is truly brainwashed by advertising.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    What a beautiful day today! And on top of that, we have the day off of school! Think I might Metro in to DC and take a walk around for the day! :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I have my theories...I would go and get expensive Chevron gas, and would get 400 miles to a tank, then I would go and put say Texaco gas in, and get only 350 miles to that tank...same route and less miles?
    Also one specific 76 I would go to would say I had a full tank, the pump would shut off and it would say 9 gallons dispensed. Then when I started the car, the needle would go up to full, then after a mile, it would go down a quarter of a tank. I bought 9 gallons, I have a 10 gallon tank, drove 1 mile and now have a quarter tank less? :x

We need an expert...where's Cav?

Well, I do know the gauges that determine how much gas you have on your tank aren't reliable. Something on how tanks are designed and how the gas moves while in transit and something something.

But, yes, an expert is needed!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    My company officially closed at noon today, but I left a little after 11. :D I have to wait to find out if we're closed tomorrow...but I already told my boss that even if we're open, I'm working from home. :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    afroannnie wrote:
    My company officially closed at noon today, but I left a little after 11. :D I have to wait to find out if we're closed tomorrow...but I already told my boss that even if we're open, I'm working from home. :D

I hope you don't have to take 'samples' home with you... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol::lol: No, I can write reports, design upcoming studies and review docs. ;)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:shock:

:lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    'Homeland' is sooooo good
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself

Walking around the neighborhood trick or treating. :lol: took the little men trick or treating and then a few of us mom's had a little get together that included shots of moonshine and god knows what else and a whole lot of spotted cow :lol: you'd be surprised by how many "treats" us mom's got while the kids got their candy treats. :fp: :lol::lol: Definitely a good time.

:lol: That's awesome!! Last year I went with my sis to take my nephew out trick-or-treating and I noticed a lot of parents had wagons with them, and inside those wagons were beer and drinks. They were all drinking while they were walking their kids around...apparently this is a normal occurrence in Chicago...brilliant I say!! BRILLIANT!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I get apples tomorrow!

(sounds silly, but this means more to me than anything at this time of year)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I get apples tomorrow!

What are you going to do with them?
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I get apples tomorrow!

:?
    I don't know...there will be around 50 pounds, I don't like apple sauce :(

- Christopher McCandless
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Hurricane Sandy? blah blah blah.. start worrying if the name of the hurricane is Hurricane Ditka.'
  • stupid hide game...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Got to get motivated and get to the gym.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • stupid hide game...

It's cool to be In Hiding :)
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    hoping we still have power by the morning.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    winter...and snow
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I get apples tomorrow!

Do you like apple pie?
    Or you can cut them up with diced cheese ( I like white sharp cheddar, my work wife uses gouda), dried cranberries, and walnuts (or whatever nuts you prefer)...makes for a nice little "salad".
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Do you like apple pie?
    Or you can cut them up with diced cheese ( I like white sharp cheddar, my work wife uses gouda), dried cranberries, and walnuts (or whatever nuts you prefer)...makes for a nice little "salad".

I like apple pie. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • playmobil
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    What to bring to a dinner party when the hostess doesn't drink alcohol :think:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    14091-man-flying-or-being-blown-in-the-wind-clipart-by-djart.jpg