Options

BOOTLEGS...GET YER BOOTLEGS.....

Comments

• Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Thank you!!!! And the Europe boots will be worth the wait! Thanks again!!! :D
  • Options
    sorry for the dumb question here, but i kinda forgot...
    when you purchase the physical cd, does 10c let you also download the mp3 tracks like the ol' days?

i'm sorry if this has been covered before. i love buying the 'physical' cds for the tangible aspect and the artwork (which doesn't really apply to the bootlegs as much, but i wouldn't mind listening to them now as well. kinda like having my cake and eating it too.

thanks in advance

you have to pay for the mp3 version... 9.99$
    either way i ordered the calgary cd, and currently downloading the mp3 as well!
    So you bought both the CD and Mp3s separately? Or did you get an email to download the MP3s when you bought the CD?

I need to hear Chicago 2 now, but also want the hard copy.
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    Will the 2004 Bootlegs become available as well? Thanks.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    gonna buy the shows I go to....I hope the overall sound quality is better than last year. I dont like to complain, and dont

but you cant deny that previous years sounded like you were there all over again, last year not so much

I know Kufala will come thru ;)

I hope so too. I hope the bass into pounding and popping like 2008, and I hope Boom doesn't take the lead on Alive this year
  • Options
    cokelogic wrote:
    So you bought both the CD and Mp3s separately? Or did you get an email to download the MP3s when you bought the CD?

I need to hear Chicago 2 now, but also want the hard copy.
    I ordered a CD and there was no blinking button (or link in email) to download it for instant gratification :) You can either spend $27 to have your cake and eat it too, or $17 and be patient for another week or so.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    thunderDAN wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    gonna buy the shows I go to....I hope the overall sound quality is better than last year. I dont like to complain, and dont

but you cant deny that previous years sounded like you were there all over again, last year not so much

I hope so too. I hope the bass into pounding and popping like 2008, and I hope Boom doesn't take the lead on Alive this year
    I hope they sound better too, but remember Kufala does not mix them, they just make the CD's.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    how come radio sations in europe have copys of shepherds bush and berlin already???
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Kufala wrote:
    Hey folks.

Hang tight on the Europe shows. They are slated for release but will be delayed a few weeks.

We should start shipping the on sale titles Tuesday of next week.

There are a few upgrades to our fulfillment system. Each US order will have delivery confirmation via the USPS and international orders will have limited tracking via the customs form number which will indicate on the USPS site when it has hit your countries customs agency and when it is released.

We also have an email set up for customer service issues
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pj@kufala.com">pj@kufala.com</a><!-- e -->
    If you have any problems with your order feel free to drop us a line. Due to your overwhelming support of these releases please have a bit of patience but we are geared up a bit better this year to deal with demand and should be able to process the orders a bit more quickly than the 2008 releases. The tracking info should answer a lot of questions like "when will my order arrive"

Please hold back on the "when will my order ship" questions as we ship them as soon as we possibly can. If you have ordered a show that is already on sale we should be able to ship it out within 7 days of the order date so if it goes longer than that and you have not received a shipping notice by all means let us know.

If you have any issues once you receive your order let us know and we will gladly get you taken care of.

Looking forward to getting you your boots.

KUFALA

Fab, thanks for the update, muchley appreciated.
    I'm looking forward to them, gives me time to listen to Backspacer on repeat when it arrives, before the bootlegs hit.
    :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Is there going to be a box set available at the end of the tour?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    who is Kufala or whatever they call themselves?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    how come radio sations in europe have copys of shepherds bush and berlin already???

maybe there was some deal in place not to release the euro shows for a couple of weeks while they play em on the radio?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    norm wrote:
    Will this thread actually calm some people down now?

yes and no...as always ;)

see
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    yeah because if it was the other way round nobody would care :arrow:
    satansbed wrote:
    exactly.
    if they'd said days, I would have put that on Universal asking until the release date.. but WEEKS?!? :shock:
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    satansbed wrote:

maybe there was some deal in place not to release the euro shows for a couple of weeks while they play em on the radio?

that could be it i supose
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    KDH12 wrote:

they manufacture and distribute the cd boots
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    satansbed wrote:

Good point. Maybe that's why - they bargained for some exclusivity for a few weeks?? Then again, maybe not! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    KDH12 wrote:

www.kufala.com
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    I downloaded Toronto and noticed there is no insert cover and back with the setlist. I remember last year this was the case as well, but eventually a download for all the covers were released. Will this be the case again for 2009?
    :)
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    thunderDAN wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I hope they sound better too, but remember Kufala does not mix them, they just make the CD's.

I didnt want to take a shot at anyone....I just wanna rock out :D I think that I'm spoiled cause listening to the Gorge boots just sound.......I dont think they invented a word for it yet :lol:

Whoever is in charge.....please make them sweet
  • Options
    In case anyone is wondering there is a definate improvement from the 2008 shows in terms of mixing. I think the snare drum is pretty loud but i've been pretty much listening to the 06 boots exclusivly for the past few years so maybe that has something to do with it.

This is an early impression tho so don't take it as gospel.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    In case anyone is wondering there is a definate improvement from the 2008 shows in terms of mixing. I think the snare drum is pretty loud but i've been pretty much listening to the 06 boots exclusivly for the past few years so maybe that has something to do with it.

good to know :D
  • Options

I agree, just quickly surfing through some of the songs on the Toronto boot and it sounds very good, they mixed it very well. I have the mp3s so I'm sure the FLAC will sound even better.
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • Options
    I ordered the mp3 like an hour ago. When do I get the link emailed to me?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a douchetard.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    cd or mp3......hmm
  • Options
    FLAC or mp3????
    Miwaukee Summerfest 7-9-95
    Minneapolis Target Center 6-30-98
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 6-26-2006
    Chicago United Center 8-23-09
    Chicago United Center 8-24-09
    Kansas City Sprint Center 5-3-2010
    EV Solo St Louis 7-1-2011
    Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-2013
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 10-19-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-18-2018
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-20-2018
    Nashville TN 9-16-2022 Bridgestone Arena 
    St Louis MO 9-18-2022 Enterprise Center

He who forgets will be destined to remember

http://twitter.com/eddiefnvedder
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    listening to the MP3 now, sound much much better than 2008
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Always nice to have the official cd for the show's you have been to,plus to hear all the other show's you followed post by post on the website as the show was being played.
    Thank's PJ! As always :);)
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,642
    Can't wait to get these shows, really psyched to hear the new stuff live.
  • Options
    leadbedr wrote:

This is what I'd like to know so I don't buy all the ones for sale now and re-buy them later with the box.
  • Options
    greenmanny wrote:
    leadbedr wrote:

This is what I'd like to know so I don't buy all the ones for sale now and re-buy them later with the box.
    No one will make you re-buy anything. 8-) Target sells plastic boxes too :D
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    greenmanny wrote:
    leadbedr wrote:

For 2008 they sold an empty box for those who already purchased the boots seperately.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,