*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS :P
    Go Birds!!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Great Season! We over achieved this year! Lots to look forward to next year. at least we have the Eagles #!!! :lol:

The offensive line stunk tonight, not to mention garrett's play-calling!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Great Season! We over achieved this year! Lots to look forward to next year. at least we have the Eagles #!!! :lol:

glad beating us means so much to you!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    wow what a difference a week makes, huh guys? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

to sum up....phillips needs to be fired....garrett needs to be fired....the kicker needs to be cut....witten needs to go :wtf: ...romo sucks again...and, apparently, cowboy fans are a bunch of racists? did i cover everything? :mrgreen:

i love this thread now! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You are a douche....Did
    I sum up your character? ;););)

JK.... Beers are on Crazy...Scratch that....You owe me for our bet that the Cowboys wouldn't win a playoff game!! They sure did this year, 34-14!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    wow what a difference a week makes, huh guys? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

to sum up....phillips needs to be fired....garrett needs to be fired....the kicker needs to be cut....witten needs to go :wtf: ...romo sucks again...and, apparently, cowboy fans are a bunch of racists? did i cover everything? :mrgreen:

i love this thread now! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You are a douche....Did I sum up your character? ;););)

ooooohhh.....that sounds like a personal attack. kat? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

go back and read the last 5 pages of this thread man. everything i listed was actually talked about by cowboy fans in here. :thumbup: :lol: all is right in the world :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

Sure does, I consider our season a victory in beating the Eagles....Not once........Not Twice.....But THREE times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooohhh.....that sounds like a personal attack. kat? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

go back and read the last 5 pages of this thread man. everything i listed was actually talked about by cowboy fans in here. :thumbup: :lol: all is right in the world :mrgreen:

Notice the ;););)

We need to have some beers when I come out to Philly again! :mrgreen:

Fyi... You have been quiet since last weeks beatdown of the Eagles.
    I still can't believe the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets beat the Chargers!!!! The biggest upset of the playoffs so far!
    crazypjfan wrote:

no i actually haven't.
    www.myspace.com
    MrSmith wrote:
    i wouldnt be suprised if Phillips loses his job over this. and Romo is just not gonna cut it.

This is the worst quote of the evening...
    crazypjfan wrote:

no i actually haven't.

Ehhh Whatever dude..
    crazypjfan wrote:

no i actually haven't.

You gonna honor your bet?
    Well.. Goodnight all Cowboys fans! We are young and have next season to look forward to!!

I love the fact that 24 is on tonight! What a perfect transition from NFL into ass-kickin action!!
  • Flagg wrote:
    *sigh*

I hate this. I'll sleep on it and wrap up my thoughts tomorrow but initial impression is we need help on the OL. That was a complete collapse on their part today.

Wade returns but we need to shake up the offense. If that means Garrett walks then he walks. So be it.

Very disappointed in this season but still a success overall.
    I have a feeling you are either on your 12th Jack Daniels and Coke....

Or

Your 3rd bottle of Wine..........

hehehehehehehehe

Wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wow

What a difference a week makes

Can't say I didn't love every minute of it !

I think Childress got that late one for Big Red
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Wow

What a difference a week makes

Can't say I didn't love every minute of it !

I think Childress got that late one for Big Red
    You're right, what a difference a week makes, as a cowboy fan the late one doesn't matter, either way the seasons over. The only problem I have with the late one is if the Saints do that to them next week, no doubt they'll be bitching.

I hope the jets take notice, they looked good this week, hopefully they'll be ready next week.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Flagg wrote:
    *sigh*

I hate this. I'll sleep on it and wrap up my thoughts tomorrow but initial impression is we need help on the OL. That was a complete collapse on their part today.

Wade returns but we need to shake up the offense. If that means Garrett walks then he walks. So be it.

Very disappointed in this season but still a success overall.
    I have a feeling you are either on your 12th Jack Daniels and Coke....

Or

Your 3rd bottle of Wine..........

hehehehehehehehe

Wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehehe. Watching 24 with a bowl of popcorn. But yeah, drinking my sorrows away.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Posts: 2,247
    Sorry Cowboy fans
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    crazypjfan wrote:

Its really does, just like it would to you if it was the other way around!!!

Luckily, I mistakenly thought the game was the afternoon one. I woke up and the season was over. Didn't see a single snap, lucky me. I'm fairly satisfied with this season. There are areas to improve on. I think Garrett should be in the hot seat.

The last several years have ended in a feeling of total shit, this year it end much different and with a feeling of real hope for next year.

(wow, can't believe the Chargers went down too.)
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    Look at the bright side fellow Cowboy fans, we are not The detroit Lions :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, here are my final thoughts on it.

First off, this thread was fun again this year! Maybe a little too fun sometimes. People need to tone it down, it is just football. :D

I call this season a success. When you have been down as long as we have, it was nice to win the division and a playoff game, taking out division rivals along the way. Of course yesterday sucked and was a complete shock to me, buy that's why they play the game and don't hand out victory based on people's picks. I wasn't surprised Minnesota won. I was surprised at how the game happened though. I don't think anyone, including all you Cowboys haters out there, expected that kind of domination by the Vikings. I certainly didn't expect the OL collapse.

Those ridiculous losses to Denver and Green Bay really ended up hurting because that game yesterday could have been played here. If you go back and look at those two games, the same problems wound up biting the Cowboys - inability to be consistent on offense, and racking up yards without scoring.

The six sacks and complete collapse of the OL yesterday makes them the #1 concern. Marc Columbo was simply awful and Flozell is getting too old. They have serious issues here that need to be addressed. You can't have your #1 TE in to block people like Jared Allen. I am tired of Columbo. He comes up small in big games. Who would have figured Ray Edwards would be the problem he was yesterday.

Also, this three RB scheme has got to go. It is almost like they have too many weapons at RB and can't use them all effectively. For example, when you have Felix Jones tearing up the middle and getting huge chunks of yards, don't pitch back 7 yards to Barber! Don't call in the stupid Wildcat!! I think one of these guys needs to go and sadly I think it is Barber. He has been bothered by injuries the last couple of years and maybe his style of play has worn him down. Choice was far more effective and they have a HR threat in Jones. But they don't know how to use them.

That leads me to Jason Garrett. Far too many times does he panic and completely abandon the run. That cost us two games this year and almost cost us one of the Washington games. I know he gets a lot of praise outside of Dallas but we are tired of his shtick here. I just think it is time for a change here. He can't find ways to effectively use the ground game. His worst offense is that the Cowboys never developed a short yardage game and couldn't score in the red zone. Too many drives killed when, after jamming it down throats, the cute play comes out and gets stuffed. Been going on for a couple of years now. Actually, I felt that game was over yesterday when Dallas drove to the 9 and then ran the Wildcat on 1st down. Go back to the Green Bay game and look at that. Anyway, time for a change on the offense and I don't think Wade really likes him anyway.

Speaking of Wade - he stays. He deserves that. He brought this defense back to being a threat. And he won the division and a playoff game. You can't fire a guy for that. I have done a 180 on Wade this year and the defense, which he runs solely, was not the problem. Aside from one or two meltdowns (the December Giants game and yesterday, although the offense was no help at all), the defense is the main reason they had the success they did have. I think Jerry should re-up him and let him pick a new offensive coordinator.

Roy Williams - for the love of God take the $9 million hit and let him walk. Have you ever seen a bigger disappointment than him. No catches yesterday and has never been a factor. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year since he was new, but this year has cemented his fail. He needs to go.

So, think about a new offense, get a new kicker, get rid of Williams, see if you can trade Barber, re-sign Wade, get some OL help. I don't think that is too much to ask! Super Bowl is in Dallas next year! We can root for a home game!!!!

And at least the Cowboys merchandise will be on sale this week. Time to get that new hat. I like the blue one with the white D.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    mr.pink wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Luckily, I mistakenly thought the game was the afternoon one. I woke up and the season was over. Didn't see a single snap, lucky me. I'm fairly satisfied with this season. There are areas to improve on. I think Garrett should be in the hot seat.

The last several years have ended in a feeling of total shit, this year it end much different and with a feeling of real hope for next year.

huh??? i hope you're not serious about missing the game. you can't be serious can you? how can you call yourself a fan and forget what time your playoff game starts :wtf:

and if you are also being serious about being satisfied and happy with the way your season ended....then all this talk about having your bar set much higher than eagles fans is utter BS. you lost 34-3 yesterday and your coach very well may be fired by the end of the week. last year ended with a 44-6 loss. only difference is a wild card win :roll: . hope.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    mr.pink wrote:

huh??? i hope you're not serious about missing the game. you can't be serious can you? how can you call yourself a fan and forget what time your playoff game starts :wtf:

and if you are also being serious about being satisfied and happy with the way your season ended....then all this talk about having your bar set much higher than eagles fans is utter BS. you lost 34-3 yesterday and your coach very well may be fired by the end of the week. last year ended with a 44-6 loss. only difference is a wild card win :roll: . hope.... :lol:

Seriously. And, hey guy, it's "on the hot seat" not "in the hot seat." You guys might wanna get some new people to fight your good fights around here....
  • argh, what a shitbag of a game. Many issues to be addressed. Skimming through the posts from earlier, someone said to get rid of Witten?!? pretty ridiculous ...if anyone goes, it is Williams. I think Wade stays.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    argh, what a shitbag of a game. Many issues to be addressed. Skimming through the posts from earlier, someone said to get rid of Witten?!? pretty ridiculous ...if anyone goes, it is Williams. I think Wade stays.

Yeah, so far you've got one guy saying get rid of Witten and bring in Marshall like this is a video game which he then turned into "Kill Whitey", and then another com padre of your's said he slept through the game and didn't know it was on at 1. Yes, these are your fellow fans...
  • I disagree that Favre throwing that last touchdown was a "pussy" move, or that it was "classless"........

You play the game for 60 minutes....
    The object of the game is to score points.....

It is not Favres problem that the Cowboys defense could not stop him......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • argh, what a shitbag of a game. Many issues to be addressed. Skimming through the posts from earlier, someone said to get rid of Witten?!? pretty ridiculous ...if anyone goes, it is Williams. I think Wade stays.

Yeah, so far you've got one guy saying get rid of Witten and bring in Marshall like this is a video game which he then turned into "Kill Whitey", and then another com padre of your's said he slept through the game and didn't know it was on at 1. Yes, these are your fellow fans...

Ouch.....lol "kill whitey?"...how the hell does it get to "kill whitey"? I dont know how you miss the game, but I planned my weekend around the game and got all of my responsibilities done by Saturday night. I was at Lowes (home depot) Saturday and was wearing a Cowboys shirt, here's a short convo with him

Him: Hope the Cowboys win tomorrow... who they playing? the Patriots right?.....
    Me:wtf?, um no, they play at Minnesota.....
    Him: Oh really?" ...Is Romo playing?
    Me: yeah, Why wouldnt he?
    Him:oh, what time is the game?"
    me: um 1:00?....wtf?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I disagree that Favre throwing that last touchdown was a "pussy" move, or that it was "classless"........

You're right there. It never would have come to that if Phillips wasn't calling timeouts with 6 minutes to go and the score 27-3, did he really think we would score 24 point in 6 minutes.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    I disagree that Favre throwing that last touchdown was a "pussy" move, or that it was "classless"........

You're right there. It never would have come to that if Phillips wasn't calling timeouts with 6 minutes to go and the score 27-3, did he really think we would score 24 point in 6 minutes.

I was really hoping we would, myself.