*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    RW81233 wrote:
    The point is that yes they deserve to be on the field, but there are no "Mooooooose" or "Heeeeeeap" chants for Miles Austin. In fact what black player in the NFL has a chant like that when he gets the ball? Why is this? It's b/c many fans still adhere to the idea that skin color has an effect on an individuals athletic ability when all research states that idea is untrue. So people chant for those players b/c they think they have to work harder than the "naturally" athletic black athlete. Witten is a fine athlete, I just don't think he's as good as Cowboys fans think he is, and I'd rather have Marshall, Austin, Crayton, Bennett, and Phillips (I think that's the 3rd TE). I don't think that's ridiculous or unbelieveable.

Duce Staley and TO had chants in Philly. Boom.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Dude, I don't give a shit. I'm busting your balls, and enjoying every moment of it. :mrgreen: Who ever you're a fan of I'm sure is a total winner though. I would like to keep hearing though on your impeccably staunch analysis of NFL football. Remember, teams are built just like in Madden video games....trade for whoever you want. Boom. Dynasty.
    All I'm saying is that it would be cool to get an established receiver, rather than wait 3-4 years to develop a rookie. This team has been built by strong drafts, and development of players, but they clearly need a double team inducing WR to move to the top. That's a madden strategy for sure (get 6 foot 3 WR that runs like the wind and a qb with a laser rocket arm)...currently we have neither haha.
    RW81233 wrote:
    The point is that yes they deserve to be on the field, but there are no "Mooooooose" or "Heeeeeeap" chants for Miles Austin. In fact what black player in the NFL has a chant like that when he gets the ball? Why is this? It's b/c many fans still adhere to the idea that skin color has an effect on an individuals athletic ability when all research states that idea is untrue. So people chant for those players b/c they think they have to work harder than the "naturally" athletic black athlete. Witten is a fine athlete, I just don't think he's as good as Cowboys fans think he is, and I'd rather have Marshall, Austin, Crayton, Bennett, and Phillips (I think that's the 3rd TE). I don't think that's ridiculous or unbelieveable.

good point, and miraculous from philly really.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Why does liking TO make me less of a Cowboys fan? Do I need to post his numbers...FYI they are better than Witten's.

Because TO destroys locker rooms, ask San Francisco, Philadelphia and the current Cowboy players and this team was a mess at the end of last year because of TO's me first f the team attitude. It took this team 2/3 of the year to play like a team consistently. I can't compare his numbers to Witten's, Witten his a TE and TO is receiver and of course TO will have better numbers, of course TO has better numbers than Irvin, who would you want, I know who I want, the playmaker.

Ouch, tough question...a coke head teammate stabbing WR or a primadonna WR?
    RW81233 wrote:
    Dude, I don't give a shit. I'm busting your balls, and enjoying every moment of it. :mrgreen: Who ever you're a fan of I'm sure is a total winner though. I would like to keep hearing though on your impeccably staunch analysis of NFL football. Remember, teams are built just like in Madden video games....trade for whoever you want. Boom. Dynasty.
    All I'm saying is that it would be cool to get an established receiver, rather than wait 3-4 years to develop a rookie. This team has been built by strong drafts, and development of players, but they clearly need a double team inducing WR to move to the top. That's a madden strategy for sure (get 6 foot 3 WR that runs like the wind and a qb with a laser rocket arm)...currently we have neither haha.

Yeah, and that dude with the face lift up in the owner's box likes to play GM and got your supposed 6'3" stud receiver.
    RW81233 wrote:

Yeah, and that dude with the face lift up in the owner's box likes to play GM and got your supposed 6'3" stud receiver.
    marshall > roy williams (is that even a question)
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

good point, and miraculous from philly really.

I know Philly right? What a bunch of creetins...... :roll:

You've been doing an excellent job of driving home your point, by the way.

Oh, and then there's Deuce McCallister...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Why does liking TO make me less of a Cowboys fan? Do I need to post his numbers...FYI they are better than Witten's.

Because TO destroys locker rooms, ask San Francisco, Philadelphia and the current Cowboy players and this team was a mess at the end of last year because of TO's me first f the team attitude. It took this team 2/3 of the year to play like a team consistently. I can't compare his numbers to Witten's, Witten his a TE and TO is receiver and of course TO will have better numbers, of course TO has better numbers than Irvin, who would you want, I know who I want, the playmaker.

that actually is a tough question....TO if I needed to win one game, or win in one season, Irvin for several seasons.
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

marshall > roy williams (is that even a question)

Did anyone ever tell you you remind them of a rocket scientist with that kind of stellar evaluation? NASA is hiring I believe...
    Deuce McCallister was a black man who succeeded at Ole Miss so he's clearly a one in a million individual. You really think that the white ballhandling players are treated the same by the fans? Mark Chmura, Jason Sehorn, Moose Johnston, and so on? That's what my point was.
    oh yeah Bryan Urlacher, Zach Thomas, Brett Favre (pre-2007 offseason) ... the manning family ... any white player not named Favre (post GB), Rivers, or Cutler
  • you cant count quarterbacks. they are always gonna get the most attention. they get the most love AND hate.
  • and no player ever got as much hype and worship for doing so little as Michael Vick pre-dogfighting. it was sickening.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RW81233 wrote:
    Do you work for the NAACP? Why take a football thread and turn it into a racial thing. Do you want them to extend the Rooney rule to players as well. Witten is not the starting TE because he is white, and I for one don't believe for moment that Jones cares what colour you are as long as you can play. He did draft Quincy Carter! How'd that work out. Romo or Carter?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    MrSmith wrote:
    and no player ever got as much hype and worship for doing so little as Michael Vick pre-dogfighting. it was sickening.
    he was the first QB to win in GB in the playoffs and went to two NFC title games with terrible offenses and defenses behind him...he also got hate hype too. You gotta admit his announcerlove was less pronounced the Favre(post being good), Eli, Brady (when he only drove his team to game winning FGs, and got the tuck rule made up for him), Payton (remember in his 3rd season he had his coach saying "Playoffffs" while Vick was chilling in the NFC title game).
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Well putting aside personnel issues, Irvin didn't destroy locker rooms and was a receiver you could count on.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• when your name is Moose, Deuce, or Boom or anything like that you automatically get a chant. it doesnt matter what color you are.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Do you work for the NAACP? Why take a football thread and turn it into a racial thing. Do you want them to extend the Rooney rule to players as well. Witten is not the starting TE because he is white, and I for one don't believe for moment that Jones cares what colour you are as long as you can play. He did draft Quincy Carter! How'd that work out. Romo or Carter?
    Romo is Mexican-American so he's a minority as well. Race and the NFL are closely intertwined no? It makes no sense denying it. I'm not completely against Witten per se I'd just rather have a big play WR over him. Particularly since the ball was in his hands on both key plays when we lost in the playoffs in 07 and 08.
    True Irvin could get all coked up with you and stab you in the neck with scissors and still be your friend. TO will outwork you and tell the media that you're a fat fuck that ran out of gas in the Super Bowl while he was busy catching 8 balls on a broken leg. I rooted for both so what do I know?
  • edited January 2010
    RW81233 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    and no player ever got as much hype and worship for doing so little as Michael Vick pre-dogfighting. it was sickening.
    he was the first QB to win in GB in the playoffs and went to two NFC title games with terrible offenses and defenses behind him...he also got hate hype too. You gotta admit his announcerlove was less pronounced the Favre(post being good), Eli, Brady (when he only drove his team to game winning FGs, and got the tuck rule made up for him), Payton (remember in his 3rd season he had his coach saying "Playoffffs" while Vick was chilling in the NFC title game).
    he only went to one titel game and i'm so tired of hearing that stupid Green Bay argument. GB was not that good that year, and it was barely even cold that day. GB's streak was as much based on luck as anything. it doesnt mean shit that he won on a vastly superior Falcons team that year.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    *sigh*

I hate this. I'll sleep on it and wrap up my thoughts tomorrow but initial impression is we need help on the OL. That was a complete collapse on their part today.

Wade returns but we need to shake up the offense. If that means Garrett walks then he walks. So be it.

Very disappointed in this season but still a success overall.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    RW81233 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Romo is Mexican-American so he's a minority as well. Race and the NFL are closely intertwined no? It makes no sense denying it. I'm not completely against Witten per se I'd just rather have a big play WR over him. Particularly since the ball was in his hands on both key plays when we lost in the playoffs in 07 and 08.
    Well we have a big play wide receiver-Miles Austin, he was second in the NFC in yards gained and second or 3rd in touchdown scored, plus a lot of his yards came after the catch by breaking tackles and using his speed. Why would we want 2 number 1 wide receivers. If anything this team needs to get younger on the O line because that was a lot of todays problem. If your QB don't have time then he can't get the ball down the field, which is why Witten gets a fair amount of passes.

• and Vick's announcer love made Farve look like the most hated player in the NFL. that asshat Theismann called him a genius for throwing the ball away on a routine play. literally called him a genius. this was against Cincinatti and before he had won anything. it was like that all year.
    RW81233 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    You need to move over the the hockey thread, now theirs a white sport :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .

• anyway i think Phillips coached himself right out of a contract extension today.
    MrSmith wrote:
    anyway i think Phillips coached himself right out of a contract extension today.
    Possibly...2 years in a row the season ends in a blow out. I think the outcome could have been different if the O put some points on the board when they were moving the ball. Just wasn't meant to be though, lots to be positive about for next year. With SB in Dallas next year I expect Jones to break the bank and fill any perceived weaknesses.

MrSmith wrote:
    anyway i think Phillips coached himself right out of a contract extension today.
    I think the field goal kicker kicked his way out of the league. I would like to see them bring Folk in for camp.

lukin2006 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    I think the field goal kicker kicked his way out of the league. I would like to see them bring Folk in for camp.
    hockey and the winter olympics for white sports...anyway we do need a kicker that doesn't leave 39 points and the good field position next year...maybe bring a healed Folk back?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    wow what a difference a week makes, huh guys? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

to sum up....phillips needs to be fired....garrett needs to be fired....the kicker needs to be cut....witten needs to go :wtf: ...romo sucks again...and, apparently, cowboy fans are a bunch of racists? did i cover everything? :mrgreen:

i love this thread now! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    wow what a difference a week makes, huh guys? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

to sum up....phillips needs to be fired....garrett needs to be fired....the kicker needs to be cut....witten needs to go :wtf: ...romo sucks again...and, apparently, cowboy fans are a bunch of racists? did i cover everything? :mrgreen:

i love this thread now! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Not everything, I'm sure we'll find more to bitch about in days to come, that's what sports fans do when their team loses, try to justify the loss by trying to find blame. I'm as guilty as the next fan. The Vikings D overwhelmed our O line, I just would like to have seen us score points in those early drives and maybe it's a more competitive game, been kinda problematic this year with them, that has to lie at the feet of Garrett, he had 17 games to figure these things out. Good luck to the Vikings and their fans next week.

The look pretty good, look out Colts.