*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Flagg wrote:
    Patrick Crayton has opened his mouth. Time to play this damn game already.

As to the whole fraud thing and fan rules. I love that Simmons column and agree with it for the most part. I mean look at me, I only root for the Rangers since they have been my home team for forever even though they are horrible. But the Cowboys, like it or not, are just like the Yankees, Red Wings, etc. They have a huge fanbase across the world.

It's like when the Red Wings come to town an it looks like a home game for them.

But they have a huge fan base solely because of their winning? right?

Like the Red Sox nation bull shit ... I live in Boston and love the Sox but I can't stand 80% of their fans ;)

anyway... so I came in here wondering what's the feeling of Cowboys fans going into the post season?

do you fully expect romo or someone else to fuck up?

Yeah, because of their winning a lot in the 70s. Maybe they were on TV a lot more too. I don't know. And the whole America's Team thing, which the Cowboys did not make up by the way.

Romo has played amazingly well in December. I do not expect him to fuck it up. I think if both team play their best games, the Cowboys win. But this is the NFL and literally anything can happen.

The thing that sucks is Dallas has been losing for so long, I kind of expect it. So in the back of my mind, I am very worried about this game.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    The Eagles have never lost an opening round playoff game under Andy Reid. I think they're 7-0.

And nobody, I mean nobody likes Spadaro in Philly. He is a giant tool. With that said, he should have taken a dump on the Cowgirls star :D

May the best team win!!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    :lol: :roll: why do you think that "eats" me up? its funny how you automatically assumed the other thread was referencing you guys too. what's up with that man? if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:

What about people from other countries who follow and love the NFL, I love the NFL, best sport going. I'd watch an NFL game over hockey game any day. I'm from Canada so we have no teams of our own to root for and even if we got an NFL franchise I'd still be a huge Cowboy fan. What are there 30 NFL teams and 50 states and fans of the sport all over world, chances are those people are going to cheer some team on for whatever reason. Are the folks who live in a state without a team not to cheer for a team? Or are they suppose to cheer for the closest team geographically? I know people who lived in Edmonton when Gretzky was traded and they seized being fans of the Oilers, he meant that much to them, same as Montreal when Roy was traded, I don't think they are frauds if they rooted for other teams, those guys were icons in those cities. I know many a Red Wing fan that said they would be done with them back in the early 90's when some thought Yzerman might be moved. People can root for who ever they want for whatever reason.

2 things....
    1- you still need to learn how to quote properly.
    2-you need to read the fan rules i posted in the other thread. if you live in an area where there is no team anywhere near you, then its a gray area. outside of the country....who cares about them anyways? i dont! :mrgreen:[/quote]

We know most of you don't care about the rest of the world, it's ignorance like that is why most of the world is anti american, yet every one thought by electing Obama people's opinion would change, not!

Sorry my quoting doesn't live up to your expectations.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    lukin2006 wrote:

We know most of you don't care about the rest of the world, it's ignorance like that is why most of the world is anti american, yet every one thought by electing Obama people's opinion would change, not!

Really dude? The conversation is about a football game, it's not personal.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    :lol: :roll: why do you think that "eats" me up? its funny how you automatically assumed the other thread was referencing you guys too. what's up with that man? if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:

What about people from other countries who follow and love the NFL, I love the NFL, best sport going. I'd watch an NFL game over hockey game any day. I'm from Canada so we have no teams of our own to root for and even if we got an NFL franchise I'd still be a huge Cowboy fan. What are there 30 NFL teams and 50 states and fans of the sport all over world, chances are those people are going to cheer some team on for whatever reason. Are the folks who live in a state without a team not to cheer for a team? Or are they suppose to cheer for the closest team geographically? I know people who lived in Edmonton when Gretzky was traded and they seized being fans of the Oilers, he meant that much to them, same as Montreal when Roy was traded, I don't think they are frauds if they rooted for other teams, those guys were icons in those cities. I know many a Red Wing fan that said they would be done with them back in the early 90's when some thought Yzerman might be moved. People can root for who ever they want for whatever reason.

2 things....
    1- you still need to learn how to quote properly.
    2-you need to read the fan rules i posted in the other thread. if you live in an area where there is no team anywhere near you, then its a gray area. outside of the country....who cares about them anyways? i dont! :mrgreen:

Sorry my quoting doesn't live up to your expectations.[/quote]

What because the jeagler is busting your balls thats why people hate america??? And u edited this u first wrote are all philly people is much of a tool as him. That statement ways a hell of alot more on topic then this crap. Give me a break with this anti america crap your in a football thread and talk is between to passionate fan bases that don't like each other a lick stay on topic.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Flagg wrote:

As to the whole fraud thing and fan rules. I love that Simmons column and agree with it for the most part. I mean look at me, I only root for the Rangers since they have been my home team for forever even though they are horrible. But the Cowboys, like it or not, are just like the Yankees, Red Wings, etc. They have a huge fanbase across the world.

It's like when the Red Wings come to town an it looks like a home game for them.

The Red Wings are probably the most popular American team. Toronto and Montreal are easily the most popular Canadian teams.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

USA! USA! USA! USA! FUCK YEAH!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

LOL, this thread has taken some wild turns!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i wonder if he really believes i actually don't care about anyone living outside of this country. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

LOL, this thread has taken some wild turns!

god bless america
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977

if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:

it's NOT "a strict set of rules," Jeagler...

I've been a Cowboys fan since 19-fucking-67 when they lost the NFC Championship to the Packers on Bart Starr's last second sneak. I was a little kid and the moxie of a warm weather team nearly beating the Pack in 20 below zero impressed me. I've been a fan ever since. I have no ties to Dallas or Texas.... in fact, Dallas would be way down on the list of any place I'd ever want to live.

Am I a "fraudulent" fan? In many ways, rooting for your home team is even more "fraudulent." That's it? You like them just because they're there?? and you get to hear the local media slurp them constantly? :wtf: :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:

it's NOT "a strict set of rules," Jeagler...

I've been a Cowboys fan since 19-fucking-67 when they lost the NFC Championship to the Packers on Bart Starr's last second sneak. I was a little kid and the moxie of a warm weather team nearly beating the Pack in 20 below zero impressed me. I've been a fan ever since. I have no ties to Dallas or Texas.... in fact, Dallas would be way down on the list of any place I'd ever want to live.

Am I a "fraudulent" fan? In many ways, rooting for your home team is even more "fraudulent." That's it? You like them just because they're there?? and you get to hear the local media slurp them constantly? :wtf: :wtf:

Damn, how old ARE you? That's never a good feeling is it? Getting called out on your age...

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Damn, how old ARE you? That's never a good feeling is it? Getting called out on your age...

USA! USA! USA! USA!

I'm an old fucker. Don't give me no shit, you little whippersnapper! :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    OK then. Keys to a Cowboys victory tomorrow:

1. More of the same - The Cowboys have been the only team to consistently, successfully rattle McNabb (outside of flukes like Oakland), sacking him seven times this year and knocking him to the ground and making him uncomfortable when he isn't being sacked. Therefore the Eagles have been limited to 16 total points in two games against Dallas. Pressure will be the key again Saturday. If the Cowboys get 3 or 4 sacks, that means they are in Donovan's face all night and he will be uncomfortable and he will skip balls off the turf and miss open guys. Philly hasn't shown that they have a true answer for Ware, Ratliff and Spencer and the Cowboys have shown they can pressure McNabb without bringing extra guys. Philly can't.

2. Mike Jenkins - Whether he has had safety help or not, he has to have another big game against the Eagles. Desean Jackson has been a non-factor against Dallas this year and Jenkins has the HUGE task of ensuring that trend endures.

3. Running the ball - Philly hasn't been able to contain the Dallas running game all year. Get Barber and Jones going and going early and take advantage of the inexperienced Eagles linebackers.

4. Protect Romo - The Eagles have put zero pressure on Romo this year, but expect them to blitz often Saturday. The Cowboys will have to keep an extra guy in to block, but if they can keep Romo clean, he puts up 300+ yards and a couple of TDs again. The Eagles will not be able to blitz and cover Austin, Whitten and Crayton and they seem to forget about Crayton who has his biggest games against the Eagles. The Cowboys have been very effective in beating the blitz this year.

5. No turnovers. This is painfully obvious, but if the Cowboys don't turn the ball over, the Eagles won't beat them.

6. Make your kicks count - The Eagles started with horrible field position on almost every drive last week. Keep Jackson a non-factor and for God's sake make a field goal every once in awhile.

Other stuff to consider - Philly hasn't beaten a winning this year (except Atlanta without Ryan) and they haven't beaten a playoff team all year. That vaunted six game winning streak was against the likes of KC, NY, SF, Chicago, etc.

The Eagles are front-runners, being 9-0 when leading after the 1st quarter and 2-5 in all other games.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

The Red Wings are probably the most popular American team. Toronto and Montreal are easily the most popular Canadian teams.

i hate to inform you of this

but hockey is not popular in america

sorry
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

i hate to inform you of this

but hockey is not popular in america

sorry

This is true. This is where the Canadians rant on about "Americans" think "America" is only for people from the USA. WHO WANTS TO DO SHOTS??
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

hahahahahahaha, come on, football fans out number hokey fans 20 to 1 in America (USA)
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!

Why do I think it eats you up? Because you are constantly going on about it. Its called, "PROJECTING".

Its like this, I have a friend that is always making jokes and references to herpes. And some of the girls he's been with before like me. But I've crossed them off the list, because like you, he's projecting.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    mr.pink wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

hahahahahahaha, come on, football fans out number hokey fans 20 to 1 in America (USA)

seriously... i tried to think if the redwings are really the most popular team

but i couldn't think of one instance where i thought hockey was popular
    I'm ready for this game. I want to just fast foward the next 26 hours.
    mr.pink wrote:

Why do I think it eats you up? Because you are constantly going on about it. Its called, "PROJECTING".

Its like this, I have a friend that is always making jokes and references to herpes. And some of the girls he's been with before like me. But I've crossed them off the list, because like you, he's projecting.

dude....the fact that you had to go back to early this morning and 3 pages back in this thread to reply to this shows me this irks ya just a lil more than you let on. ;) perhaps some insecurity issues pink?
    :mrgreen: ....only kidding with you my friend. i too cannot wait till tomorrow night.
    www.myspace.com
    mr.pink wrote:

dude....the fact that you had to go back to early this morning and 3 pages back in this thread to reply to this shows me this irks ya just a lil more than you let on. ;) perhaps some insecurity issues pink?
    :mrgreen: ....only kidding with you my friend. i too cannot wait till tomorrow night.

I think Cowboy fans realize this is the biggest game for us in a long, long time. We should win this game. This Dallas team should beat this Philly team.

Jeagler, Hey I'm bored. Why not keep a conversation on my favorite subject going? Rivalries are fun.
  • Hockey isn't popular in this country because it only snows in like 6 fucking states and 2 of those are the Dakotas. Nobody lives there.

Below Ohio, people in the entire SouthEast even over to CA don't play hockey. It'll never be huge because it's not accessible to most of our population. Now can we please get back to being racist? Thanks.
    No one cares about my keys to the game?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    edited January 2010
    Flagg wrote:

I agree 100% with all that you said. And was glad to read the part about Philly not beating a Playoff team and the only winning team being Alt sans Ryan! Dallas can and should win this game for all your reasons, esp. the first: more of the same
    Post edited by mr.pink on
    Flagg wrote:

lol....nobody commented on mine in the birds thread either :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Keys to the game:

Dallas must end the game with more points than Philadelphia.

I must be blown by the Cowboys cheerleading squad.

Thanks.
    Flagg wrote:

is that the thing where the socks need to match the pocket square?

t1_keyshawn.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Flagg wrote:

How about the possibility that it will come down top making feild goal to win, not overly confident in our field goal kicker. I think with Columbo back though they may be able to make those 3rd and 1-4th and 1. Hopefully they just score touchdowns.

• When Mcribb threw that bomb all I thought was " no interference!!!!!" and Jenkins played it perfectly. Dallas O needs to start big and the D needs to rattle mcnabb. D Jackson I am sure will play better but I love his comments about how he " caNT THROW HIMSELF THE BALL" ala T.O.
    Dallas starting big will be key.

the steaks are marinating as I post....I love Football:D
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?