*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    In the two games this season, the Cowboys have sacked McNabb 7 times. Any reason to think this trend won't continue Saturday night?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Flagg wrote:
    In the two games this season, the Cowboys have sacked McNabb 7 times. Any reason to think this trend won't continue Saturday night?

No reason to think it won't continue. Dallas just looks better in the trenches. It is a divisional rivalry, but I am feeling a lot of confidence coming from the Cowboys side.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:

This trend will continue. Dallas is more physical, faster and more athletic within the trenches on both sides of the ball.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    hey aside from flagg, are there any of you cowboy "fans" actually from the dallas area or texas in here?

not trying to stir anything up, i am just curious how the stupid spitting on the star thing is actually playing out down there? it was obviously a stupid and unprofessional thing to do. i just thought it was funny and that would be that. i can't believe how much attention its gotten today. dave fucking spadaro who in 20 years has not earned one ounce of respect from anyone with any semblance of football knowledge in these parts was all over the place today :wtf: . this story was on cnn.com and was the 2nd most viewed thing on si.com today. unreal. i also heard a simulcast with a philly radio station and that crackhead michael irvin and he was making it out like people in dallas were up in arms over this. seriously? really?! come on. it was dave f'ucking spadaro trying to generate more traffic to the eagles website! mission accomplished, i guess. :roll:

let's play this damn game already!
    www.myspace.com
    It has gotten some media attention here. I think it was unprofessional. The players don't care. Anthony Spencer today said he didn't care since it was a "water boy or equipment guy or something" who said it. Lol.

The players don't seem to want to say anything that might be used as bulletin board material at this point, unlike Desean Jackson, so they are letting it slide.

The Eagles organization probably shouldn't have posted it on their website though.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • hey aside from flagg, are there any of you cowboy "fans" actually from the dallas area or texas in here?

not trying to stir anything up, i am just curious how the stupid spitting on the star thing is actually playing out down there? it was obviously a stupid and unprofessional thing to do. i just thought it was funny and that would be that. i can't believe how much attention its gotten today. dave fucking spadaro who in 20 years has not earned one ounce of respect from anyone with any semblance of football knowledge in these parts was all over the place today :wtf: . this story was on cnn.com and was the 2nd most viewed thing on si.com today. unreal. i also heard a simulcast with a philly radio station and that crackhead michael irvin and he was making it out like people in dallas were up in arms over this. seriously? really?! come on. it was dave f'ucking spadaro trying to generate more traffic to the eagles website! mission accomplished, i guess. :roll:

Hey Jeags. Pearl Jam wants to know if you're from Seattle since you're a "fan" of the band. What the fuck does that mean?
  • hey aside from flagg, are there any of you cowboy "fans" actually from the dallas area or texas in here?

Hey Jeags. Pearl Jam wants to know if you're from Seattle since you're a "fan" of the band. What the fuck does that mean?
    Apparently, "The Jeagler" likes to accuse fans of the Cowboys that aren't from Texas of being frauds. Whatever floats your boat, I guess

<----Lifelong Cowboys fan from CT:)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    hey aside from flagg, are there any of you cowboy "fans" actually from the dallas area or texas in here?

Apparently, "The Jeagler" likes to accuse fans of the Cowboys that aren't from Texas of being frauds. Whatever floats your boat, I guess

<----Lifelong Cowboys fan from CT:)

Have relatives from tx and have been a Cowboys fan my whole life and my Dad is from there. I don't know what I would do if I had to root for a team with no class ;) That would suck almost as bad as not winning the Superbowl!
    Flagg wrote:
    The Eagles organization probably shouldn't have posted it on their website though.

That is the kicker. I don't think it would be blown up as much if the Eagles didn't post it on their damn website. Poor judgement, imo.

Agreed! Can't wait til the Eagles season is over and I can personally lock the Eagles thread for the year!!! ;)
  • crazypjfan wrote:

Agreed! Can't wait til the Eagles season is over and I can personally lock the Eagles thread for the year!!! ;)
    Going over to a friends house who I used to coach little league with (who is an eagles fan)....Wife is taking the kids to her sisters...Steaks, Beers, beers, shrimp, beer and the 'boys. Looking forward to a great playoff game
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    crazypjfan wrote:

Going over to a friends house who I used to coach little league with (who is an eagles fan)....Wife is taking the kids to her sisters...Steaks, Beers, beers, shrimp, beer and the 'boys. Looking forward to a great playoff game

Sounds like a good time and......beer :D I'll be watchin' at my house in my newly finished basement bar with a few Eagles fans ;)
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    Sounds like a good time and......beer :D I'll be watchin' at my house in my newly finished basement bar with a few Eagles fans ;)

I have a nice setup myself but going to someone elses for this one ;)
    Flagg wrote:
    It has gotten some media attention here. I think it was unprofessional. The players don't care. Anthony Spencer today said he didn't care since it was a "water boy or equipment guy or something" who said it. Lol.

The players don't seem to want to say anything that might be used as bulletin board material at this point, unlike Desean Jackson, so they are letting it slide.

that's the thing. the organization didn't post it. spadaro did. he runs the website :lol: . that's literally his job. :mrgreen:

funny to see all these other "fans" feel the need to prove themselves to me though. interesting that you seem to be the only from texas in this thread. good luck to you on saturday!
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:

that's the thing. the organization didn't post it. spadaro did. he runs the website :lol: . that's literally his job. :mrgreen:

funny to see all these other "fans" feel the need to prove themselves to me though. interesting that you seem to be the only from texas in this thread. good luck to you on saturday!

Still their website though. But whatever, we have had worse. Remember TO and the star?

Thanks though. The best team will win. We'll see Saturday!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

Still their website though. But whatever, we have had worse. Remember TO and the star?

Thanks though. The best team will win. We'll see Saturday!
    his official job title is "director of internet development." as soon as the actual organization found out--it was removed and he issued that apology. its all pretty stupid.

agreed about saturday though!
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    his official job title is "director of internet development." as soon as the actual organization found out--it was removed and he issued that apology. its all pretty stupid.

A teams offiical website is a reflection of the team and part of the organization. It should have been seen before it was posted or he should have had better judgement
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

A teams offiical website is a reflection and part of the organization. It should have been seen before it was posted or he should have had better judgement

he is the editor of the website....so he should have had better judgment. dave spadaro sucks. nobody here likes him.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

A teams offiical website is a reflection and part of the organization. It should have been seen before it was posted or he should have had better judgement

he is the editor of the website....so he should have had better judgment. dave spadaro sucks. nobody here likes him.

Exactly what I said. When I was in sales about a year after I moved here, I listened to the 610 morning show quite a bit, boy did Spadaro get ripped when he was one. By the way, the worst possible way to start your day is to listen to Cataldi and Rhea Hughes speak.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Exactly what I said. When I was in sales about a year after I moved here, I listened to the 610 morning show quite a bit, boy did Spadaro get ripped when he was one. By the way, the worst possible way to start your day is to listen to Cataldi and Rhea Hughes speak.

listening to spuds on cataldi's show is simply the worst of both worlds.

950 needs a local morning show in the worst way.
    www.myspace.com
    funny to see all these other "fans" feel the need to prove themselves to me though.

Prove something to you....Ha....Who do you think you are? ;) Just hand over my ticket to see PJ next tour! :thumbup: :shh:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    funny to see all these other "fans" feel the need to prove themselves to me though.

Prove something to you....Ha....Who do you think you are? ;) Just hand over my ticket to see PJ next tour! :thumbup: :shh:

i am the judge and the jury my friend.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

i am the judge and the jury my friend.

Hand it over! :D
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Flagg wrote:

What's funny is your raging jealousy. America's team, Philly boy, that means we have fans all over this country, and lots of them. I see a lot of Cowboys fans at the bars, the star on cars, and jerseys on kids, ect. all the time in Oregon. And I've seen Cowboy fans everywhere in this country, and I love how that eats up you Philly boys :lol::lol::lol:

30 of my 31 years were spent in Texas, but I these fans up here are just as passionate about the team in Big D as fans down there! Its good to always feel "at home" on game day, no matter where I am :mrgreen:
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

What's funny is your raging jealousy. America's team, Philly boy, that means we have fans all over this country, and lots of them. I see a lot of Cowboys fans at the bars, the star on cars, and jerseys on kids, ect. all the time in Oregon. And I've seen Cowboy fans everywhere in this country, and I love how that eats up you Philly boys :lol::lol::lol:

30 of my 31 years were spent in Texas, but I these fans up here are just as passionate about the team in Big D as fans down there! Its good to always feel "at home" on game day, no matter where I am :mrgreen:

:lol: :roll: why do you think that "eats" me up? its funny how you automatically assumed the other thread was referencing you guys too. what's up with that man? if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    :lol: :roll: why do you think that "eats" me up? its funny how you automatically assumed the other thread was referencing you guys too. what's up with that man? if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:[/quote]

What about people from other countries who follow and love the NFL, I love the NFL, best sport going. I'd watch an NFL game over hockey game any day. I'm from Canada so we have no teams of our own to root for and even if we got an NFL franchise I'd still be a huge Cowboy fan. What are there 30 NFL teams and 50 states and fans of the sport all over world, chances are those people are going to cheer some team on for whatever reason. Are the folks who live in a state without a team not to cheer for a team? Or are they suppose to cheer for the closest team geographically? I know people who lived in Edmonton when Gretzky was traded and they seized being fans of the Oilers, he meant that much to them, same as Montreal when Roy was traded, I don't think they are frauds if they rooted for other teams, those guys were icons in those cities. I know many a Red Wing fan that said they would be done with them back in the early 90's when some thought Yzerman might be moved. People can root for who ever they want for whatever reason.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Patrick Crayton has opened his mouth. Time to play this damn game already.

As to the whole fraud thing and fan rules. I love that Simmons column and agree with it for the most part. I mean look at me, I only root for the Rangers since they have been my home team for forever even though they are horrible. But the Cowboys, like it or not, are just like the Yankees, Red Wings, etc. They have a huge fanbase across the world.

It's like when the Red Wings come to town an it looks like a home game for them.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Flagg wrote:
    Patrick Crayton has opened his mouth. Time to play this damn game already.

As to the whole fraud thing and fan rules. I love that Simmons column and agree with it for the most part. I mean look at me, I only root for the Rangers since they have been my home team for forever even though they are horrible. But the Cowboys, like it or not, are just like the Yankees, Red Wings, etc. They have a huge fanbase across the world.

It's like when the Red Wings come to town an it looks like a home game for them.

But they have a huge fan base solely because of their winning? right?

Like the Red Sox nation bull shit ... I live in Boston and love the Sox but I can't stand 80% of their fans ;)

anyway... so I came in here wondering what's the feeling of Cowboys fans going into the post season?

do you fully expect romo or someone else to fuck up?
    lukin2006 wrote:
    :lol: :roll: why do you think that "eats" me up? its funny how you automatically assumed the other thread was referencing you guys too. what's up with that man? if there is an eagles fan who was born and raised in chicago and has no allegiance to philadelphia, then by definition, he would be a fraud too and i would question his fanhood. its a strict set of rules buddy. that's why i referenced my friend who is a university of miami football fan purely because they were the winningest team when we were growing up. he thought they were cool back then. he's my best friend, yet i've been calling him fraudulent for years. has nothing to do with the cowboys :wtf: however there are lots of fraud cowboy fans all over the place though. but, don't worry. if you really do have roots in texas, you're off the hook though. so, just simmer down. you've passed the fraud test. i have no problem with fans that abide by the rules. ask flagg. that dude is okay in my book. :mrgreen:

What about people from other countries who follow and love the NFL, I love the NFL, best sport going. I'd watch an NFL game over hockey game any day. I'm from Canada so we have no teams of our own to root for and even if we got an NFL franchise I'd still be a huge Cowboy fan. What are there 30 NFL teams and 50 states and fans of the sport all over world, chances are those people are going to cheer some team on for whatever reason. Are the folks who live in a state without a team not to cheer for a team? Or are they suppose to cheer for the closest team geographically? I know people who lived in Edmonton when Gretzky was traded and they seized being fans of the Oilers, he meant that much to them, same as Montreal when Roy was traded, I don't think they are frauds if they rooted for other teams, those guys were icons in those cities. I know many a Red Wing fan that said they would be done with them back in the early 90's when some thought Yzerman might be moved. People can root for who ever they want for whatever reason.[/quote]

2 things....
    1- you still need to learn how to quote properly.
    2-you need to read the fan rules i posted in the other thread. if you live in an area where there is no team anywhere near you, then its a gray area. outside of the country....who cares about them anyways? i dont! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    2 things....
    1- you still need to learn how to quote properly.
    2-you need to read the fan rules i posted in the other thread. if you live in an area where there is no team anywhere near you, then its a gray area. outside of the country....who cares about them anyways? i dont! :mrgreen:

USA! USA! USA!