Options

GLBT Pearl Jam Fans?

124»

Comments

• Options
    dumbekdumbek Posts: 10
    I just wanted to ad a "me too" here. We are everywhere.

My BF and I have been PJ fans for years. We don't follow them around the way many of you seem to - but we try to catch them whenever they're in DC. My first show was the "Voters For Choice" gig with Neil Young and L7 back in 95. I've seen them 7 times - my BF has seen them 5. We were at the last DC show (Section 100 represent!) . We saw Ed with R.E.M. in Philly. I'm in the 10C (344xxx). We'll be at Ed's DC2 show. I'm still waiting for those darn DC cds to show up in the mail.

Don't just assume we're not there, just because you can't readily pick us out of the crowd. There are more of us than you think. :)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    As a father of three and a very happily married man, I am happy to see the very positive (mostly) attitude that has been throughout this thread. Everyone has a right to life, liberty and a pursuit of happiness and I hope the day will come that a thread like this won't be necessary.

The only thing that is creeping me out about this thread is the Canadian tilt it has taken.

BTW - for someone earlier in the thread, very straight and big Indigo Girls fan.
    What does sexuality have to do with good music.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Add another one to the count. I can only listen to so much lesbian folk rock. I’ve been a PJ fan since before I knew I was a lesbian back when they were on the way up with Ten. I’ll share the lesbian fan’s predicament of a lifetime... back in the nineties I had tickets to a unique outdoor PJ concert... but then I heard the Lilith Fair was going to be at the Gorge. This was back at the start of the Lilith Fair with some of the greats like, Sara M., Indigo Girls, Natalie Merchant etc. I couldn’t go to both because they were a day's drive apart and scheduled within a couple days of one another. I chose the Lilith Fair and I have to say I kind of regret it even though I’ve seen PJ several times since then.

Anyway... whether I’m with my partner or my hetero male rocker friends, I’m at the shows too. Someone posted something about Ed wearing a pink triangle at some event. You can also see him wearing a pink triangle in the Pearl Jam photo book. I believe it’s a shot of some of the band members on a boat – it looks like Ed’s wearing a black leather jacket with a pink triangle pin. Gay people rock! Actually most of my gay friends don’t, but it’s nice to hear that you all do.