AL Central

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Lets hope the Twins win, so they can beat the Yankees, but then lose to the Angels, who hopefully will beat the Redsox. Too much heartbreak in the last few years for Angel fans......They play great for 162 games, then falter very early in the playoffs.
  • GO TIGERS!!!!!

Lets put an end to that sorry excuse for a ballpark once and for all!!!!!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I don't think the Tigers will win, I wish Detroit would have told Cabrera to go home for the year and trade him in the off season. The biggest series of the year and your out drinking with your opponents all night, what an f___ing joke, worse he went 0-11 after that incident and stranded all kinds of runners in scoring position. They need a leader like Gibby, who would have adjusted his attitude after that incident.

But nonetheless...GO TIGERS GO

Win despite Cabrera.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I don't think the Tigers will win, I wish Detroit would have told Cabrera to go home for the year and trade him in the off season. The biggest series of the year and your out drinking with your opponents all night, what an f___ing joke, worse he went 0-11 after that incident and stranded all kinds of runners in scoring position. They need a leader like Gibby, who would have adjusted his attitude after that incident.

Win despite Cabrera.

he just put them up 3-0... so im cool with it :)

but i have to say, if my team was tanking as bad as the fucking tigers have been, id be drinking until 5am too.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Win despite Cabrera.

he just put them up 3-0... so im cool with it :)

but i have to say, if my team was tanking as bad as the fucking tigers have been, id be drinking until 5am too.

LOL. He did just put them up 3-0, drink till 5am, but not with your opponents.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• C'mon Twins you can't let that drunken creep Cabrera have the last word...
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
    C'mon Twins you can't let that drunken creep Cabrera have the last word...

He just sobered up, maybe some of the twins should have took him out for a night on the town, lol.

edited October 2009
    Porcello, what can you say, 20 year old rookie, in winner take all game, pitched the game of his life. Detroit could not have asked anymore of him.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

lukin2006 wrote:
    Porcello, what can you say, 20 year old rookie, in winner take all game, pitched the game of life. Detroit could not have asked anymore of him.

nope. but the poor sob got fucked by jim leyland... who the hell puts zach miner in in this game?
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Porcello, what can you say, 20 year old rookie, in winner take all game, pitched the game of life. Detroit could not have asked anymore of him.

nope. but the poor sob got fucked by jim leyland... who the hell puts zach miner in in this game?

Down the stretch zach minor has been good. Detroit's problem is the problem they've had all year lack of hitting. 3-0 lead and have not scored since.

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Down the stretch zach minor has been good. Detroit's problem is the problem they've had all year lack of hitting. 3-0 lead and have not scored since.

minor has blown so many games against the twins though. he's a choke artist... he comes in and gives up a hit and then hits a batter? i cant believe he's still in.

but you're right, hitting is the problem. or rather, productive hits. they get the hits, but they strand more runners than any team i ever heard of.
    boy am i glad they finally took miner out before he screwed anything up... oh yeah :(
    Amazing, 1st and 3rd nobody out and can't get 1 run home, this teams just sucks at hitting in clutch situations.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Amazing, 1st and 3rd nobody out and can't get 1 run home, this teams just sucks at hitting in clutch situations.

that's multiple times this game. like the last few weeks of the season, they're just trying to give their playoff berth away.
    You're my fucking all-star Inge!!!
    jesus... win or lose, this might be the best game i've seen since the twins won the world series over the braves in 91 and jack morris (former tiger and my fav pitcher) pitched 10 inning of shut out baseball.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    this game is crazy!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    This game is killing me right now
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    what a fucking game
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Great game. Just great back and forth grind it out baseball. No rooting interest except that whoever wins this better beat the shit out those damn Yankees.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    An ESPN Instant Classic! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    wow, how big is that non call on that ball grazing Inge's jersey??

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

a lot bigger now. congrats the twins ... go get them yankees!

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I'm pissed now, but in a few days i'm sure i'll be pulling for the twins to win it all.

why do girls and sports always have to break my heart?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • What A Game!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offense, Defense, Hi-lite Reel Moments!

Twinkees...beat them Yankeeeeeees!
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    That was one of the greatest games I have ever watched.
    tacos
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    iwasthere wrote:
    That was one of the greatest games I have ever watched.

Agreed, now they better just beat those F'n Yankees.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • jimed14 wrote:

About as big as the ump's shitty strikezone during Orlando Cabrera's at bat.
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    Did the Twins win that game or did the Tigers lose it?? :? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That was amazing. I don't even care if the Twins get swept by the Yanks at this point. Just winning the central with this squad is incredible (give Gardy AL manager of the year right now). I honestly thought this team would lose 100 games two months ago. They have no starting rotation or infield and they take their division. Un-be-lieve-able.

Let this be a lesson to all you Kansas City's and Cleveland's and Pittsburgh's: you don't need a huge payroll and a roster of all-stars. Just play good fundamental baseball and anything is possible.