AL Central

Comments

• The Tigers are just delaying the inevitable for the twins. This things over by saturday night at the latest. Greinke will beat the little twinkies on saturday and the tigers will take one of the first 2 vs the white sux at the very least
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    WTF?? Where did all these Tiger fans come from? :evil:

:mrgreen:
  • We're everywhere focker

There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Come on Twinkies! (I'm doing that just to spite you now..)
    Wanna go to the game on Saturday?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Come on Twinkies! (I'm doing that just to spite you now..)
    Wanna go to the game on Saturday?

I would love to go, but sadly I work and have an extended family gathering. Thought I told you about that?

Anyway, go Twins, and boooooo Tigers! :mrgreen:
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Not the best game yesterday, but we've got Jackson going tonight, so it should be fun to watch. Despite the loss, yesterday was a beautiful day in Detroit for baseball!
    Anyway, as another poster said, I'd like the Tigers to wrap this thing up so they can set their rotation, and even though I don't really like the Twins, winning in front of Ozzie Guiellen would be great.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Go White Sox! I love you Ozzie!
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • The Tigers are just delaying the inevitable for the twins. This things over by saturday night at the latest. Greinke will beat the little twinkies on saturday and the tigers will take one of the first 2 vs the white sux at the very least

It would be pretty embarrassing for Detroit to blow the division to an injury depleted team that doesn't have a starting rotation. If Morneau was healthy the Twins would've taken 3 of 4 from Detroit.
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    The Tigers are just delaying the inevitable for the twins. This things over by saturday night at the latest. Greinke will beat the little twinkies on saturday and the tigers will take one of the first 2 vs the white sux at the very least

It would be pretty embarrassing for Detroit to blow the division to an injury depleted team that doesn't have a starting rotation. If Morneau was healthy the Twins would've taken 3 of 4 from Detroit.

A White Sox fan talking about embarrassment?
    A team that has played so bad their own manager said he felt like he was stealing from the team's owner because the product on the field was so terrible?
    A team that, at one point, was tied for first place, but was so horrible it dropped to third place in arguably the worst division in the history of baseball?
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • milarso wrote:
    The Tigers are just delaying the inevitable for the twins. This things over by saturday night at the latest. Greinke will beat the little twinkies on saturday and the tigers will take one of the first 2 vs the white sux at the very least

A White Sox fan talking about embarrassment?
    A team that has played so bad their own manager said he felt like he was stealing from the team's owner because the product on the field was so terrible?
    A team that, at one point, was tied for first place, but was so horrible it dropped to third place in arguably the worst division in the history of baseball?

Uh, calm down there Chester. I'm a Twins fan. I'm a White Sox/Ozzie fan now too because I want them to beat the Beirut Tigers asses.
  • its getting vedddy intewesting! :lol::D
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Go White Sox! I love you Ozzie!

WOW. This is shocking. Can I get this in writing, with your own signature on it? Never did I think you, of all Twinks, would utter these words. I understand your reasoning, but still, can't blame me for feeling a little weird and outta place, haha.

In all honesty, I feel like Peavy was just a little preview of what's coming next year, and that the Sox are still gonna lose the next 2. The MinnyMen put in one helluva run, especially without Morneau, put we all know it's tough for them to win meaingful games against KC at home. ;) The Tigs should step-up at home, but maybe the HumpDome will provide a spark before the Twinks' world is blown-up and they have to play outisde. We shall see.

It is weird seeing OC (and Crede whem he played) in Minny uni's. They know what it's like to win the AL Central.... ;):lol:
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • It was 10-0 Twinks 10 minutes ago and now it's 10-5 in the 6th. Hmmm.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    and so it has come down to the final two games of the season. i give my nod to the Tigers. i don't think that the Twins can defeat Greinke today. the best that the Twins can hope for is to shut down the Royals offense and get the game into the 7th or 8th inning. this will give Greinke a no decision (a common ocurrence this year :roll: )

of course, none of that will matter if the Tigers can defeat the Chisox today and tomorrow.

Go Royals! Go Greinke! Greinke is the best sports story in KC this year. If he shuts down the Twins today, then he's the 2009 Cy Young award winner for the American League!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • All tied up in the central with one game to go. Unbelievable. I don't know which is more amazing: the Twins beating the Cy Young or Freddy Garcia pitching 7 innings out lights out baseball. Whatever happens tomorrow it's been an amazing run. 85 wins and contending on the last day of the season is pretty good for a club that's missing half it's infield and has no starting rotation.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    All tied up in the central with one game to go. Unbelievable. I don't know which is more amazing: the Twins beating the Cy Young or Freddy Garcia pitching 7 innings out lights out baseball. Whatever happens tomorrow it's been an amazing run. 85 wins and contending on the last day of the season is pretty good for a club that's missing half it's infield and has no starting rotation.

No it's not, they are competing against Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago an KC, I'm a Tiger fan, but even I realize that no AL Central teams deserves a playoff berth.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Aw yeah!
    I was at the Twins games yesterday and today... what an atmosphere!! 51,000+ today... I'm sure Tuesday will be another sellout... doubt I'll make it back up for that one though. I think my girl mnpjgrrl is going though...
    The Twins played some really awesome baseball this weekend, and getting to see the "closing" of the Metrodome with all the alumni was a sporting moment I will hold onto for a long time.
    The middle of the Twins lineup is DEEP right now with the way Jason Kubel and Delmon Young are hitting. It's going to be a battle.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    lukin2006 wrote:
    All tied up in the central with one game to go. Unbelievable. I don't know which is more amazing: the Twins beating the Cy Young or Freddy Garcia pitching 7 innings out lights out baseball. Whatever happens tomorrow it's been an amazing run. 85 wins and contending on the last day of the season is pretty good for a club that's missing half it's infield and has no starting rotation.

No it's not, they are competing against Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago an KC, I'm a Tiger fan, but even I realize that no AL Central teams deserves a playoff berth.

Yeah, but I can't shake the feeling that the Tigers deserve it less. They've fallen apart in a spectacular way the last few weeks.
    Aw yeah!
    I was at the Twins games yesterday and today... what an atmosphere!! 51,000+ today... I'm sure Tuesday will be another sellout... doubt I'll make it back up for that one though. I think my girl mnpjgrrl is going though...
    The Twins played some really awesome baseball this weekend, and getting to see the "closing" of the Metrodome with all the alumni was a sporting moment I will hold onto for a long time.
    The middle of the Twins lineup is DEEP right now with the way Jason Kubel and Delmon Young are hitting. It's going to be a battle.

*sigh*

And here I am being the responsible grown up adult and went to work today instead of calling in sick..........

I really do need a new job! One were I don't have to work weekends! Or evenings......

Anyway, yay! Twins!!! 1 more to go!! Any ideas of who the starting pitchers are going to be?
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Aw yeah!

*sigh*

And here I am being the responsible grown up adult and went to work today instead of calling in sick..........

I really do need a new job! One were I don't have to work weekends! Or evenings......

Anyway, yay! Twins!!! 1 more to go!! Any ideas of who the starting pitchers are going to be?

Dude. You so missed out. Especially the part where all three of us were in bacon comas for about four innings..
    Hope that work was AWESOME.
    And yep, I'm pretty sure we were all the picture of "responsible adults" this weekend... Do you remember what song we were singing at the top of our lungs at 3:00am? I sure don't....

On Tuesday Scott Baker is pitching vs. Rick Porcello.
    It's a 4:00 game (which is why I won't be able to make it...) but I think Melissa wants to go. You should check in with her.
    Should be a good matchup... We KNOW the Twins want it...

• The Twins have to win on Tuesday. No disrespect to Detroit but it's simply an irrefutable fact that the Twins have played way better baseball the last 5-6 weeks than the Tigers have. Even if Detroit wins it would still feel like them backing in.

It's deja vu all over again with another tiebreaking game. But this time the Twins have the home field and their ace going. I'm feeling good about this one. No matter what happens though 86 wins for a team with no real starting rotation and a MIA infield is just incredible. If Gardy doesn't get AL manager of the year something is very wrong.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    time to curse the team i think will win tuesday.

well the Twins beat Greinke and the Twins were my grandmother's favorite team so i pick the TWINS to win the AL Central and to go on and get bulldozed by the Jerkees in the Divisional playoffs.

:geek:
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
    olderman wrote:
    time to curse the team i think will win tuesday.

well the Twins beat Greinke and the Twins were my grandmother's favorite team so i pick the TWINS to win the AL Central and to go on and get bulldozed by the Jerkees in the Divisional playoffs.

The Tigers are going to need a monumental effort from Porcello to win. I think he will pitch well, but only time will tell if it's well enough. I think either team will get smoked by the Yanks, and if either team was in any other division they would have barely won 70.

:geek:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• You never know. I wouldn't count the Tigers or Twins out against the Yanks. The Cardinals won it all in 2006 with 83 wins in the regular season.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    The Twins have to win on Tuesday. No disrespect to Detroit but it's simply an irrefutable fact that the Twins have played way better baseball the last 5-6 weeks than the Tigers have. Even if Detroit wins it would still feel like them backing in.

It's deja vu all over again with another tiebreaking game. But this time the Twins have the home field and their ace going. I'm feeling good about this one. No matter what happens though 86 wins for a team with no real starting rotation and a MIA infield is just incredible. If Gardy doesn't get AL manager of the year something is very wrong.

I won't deny the Tigers have blown it the last few weeks, but that's a weak argument. The reverse is that the Tigers played better baseball for 90% of the season than the Twins did... I think it's ridiculous to say that they "backed in" when they have been 1st place in the division every day since May.
  • The Twins have to win on Tuesday. No disrespect to Detroit but it's simply an irrefutable fact that the Twins have played way better baseball the last 5-6 weeks than the Tigers have. Even if Detroit wins it would still feel like them backing in.

I won't deny the Tigers have blown it the last few weeks, but that's a weak argument. The reverse is that the Tigers played better baseball for 90% of the season than the Twins did... I think it's ridiculous to say that they "backed in" when they have been 1st place in the division every day since May.

All I'm saying is that the Twins have put a charge in it for the past 5 weeks while the Tigers have basically languished. It's not like the two teams were neck and neck all year. One team has clearly played better when it counts.
    You never know. I wouldn't count the Tigers or Twins out against the Yanks. The Cardinals won it all in 2006 with 83 wins in the regular season.

This time the yanks have better pitching than they did then.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    You never know. I wouldn't count the Tigers or Twins out against the Yanks. The Cardinals won it all in 2006 with 83 wins in the regular season.

This time the yanks have better pitching than they did then.

That's really nice.

The Yankees didn't go to the world series in 2006—the Tigers did. I'm not sure what your point is.

Mine is that anything can happen in a short series.
  • I wanted the Tigers to win in 162 because they could have thrown Verlander at th Yanks twice. However you have to beat the best to be the best, so I don't care who wins now.

It does suck for the Rangers though. they imploded and still finished a game above these 2.

Still, I guess go twins.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Let's go Twins!!!