What's with the fucking yeah yeah yeahs?

Comments

• mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    Listen to the album version of "Porch" before you start complaining about the "yeahs". I'm not complaining about the song, that would be sacrilegious, but simply pointing out a source of discrepancy.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I don't dislike ALL yeahs.........but these new yeahs are just too poppy.........! :x
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I don't dislike ALL yeahs.........these yeahs are just too poppy.........! :x

I agree with this. It's like how Kurt Cobain sang "He don't know what it means when I say 'yeah'" Sometimes "yeah" can mean a lot. But in The Fixer, all it does is fill some bars of a crappy pop song.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    I haven't read all 90+ posts...........but I love the title of this thread! :lol::lol::lol:

Ziggy - always the wordsmith.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Guys, listen to Ten or Vs., and count how many times Eddie says "yeah" throughout each song. He just gets amped up while singing, he's not trying to "fill space".
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    tcaporale wrote:
    Guys, listen to Ten or Vs., and count how many times Eddie says "yeah" throughout each song. He just gets amped up while singing, he's not trying to "fill space".

again, sometimes "yeah" means a heck of a whole lot.....but it's total filler in The Fixer.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    imalive wrote:
    I haven't read all 90+ posts...........but I love the title of this thread! :lol::lol::lol:

Ziggy - always the wordsmith.

:D:D:D
    tcaporale wrote:

again, sometimes "yeah" means a heck of a whole lot.....but it's total filler in The Fixer.

YES!!!!
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I don't dislike ALL yeahs.........these yeahs are just too poppy.........! :x

I agree with this. It's like how Kurt Cobain sang "He don't know what it means when I say 'yeah'" Sometimes "yeah" can mean a lot. But in The Fixer, all it does is fill some bars of a crappy pop song.

I'm going to beat you with a lead pipe. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I would just go in my He-Man underwear.

You're trying to turn me on, aren't you! :lol:

No, but if it happens ... I HAVE THE POWEEEEERRRRR!!!!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    tcaporale wrote:

Name me one singer that doesn't ad-lib in their songs......

Is it really that hard for people to say they just don't like a song? Why are people trying to justify it with things like not liking certain words?!
    tcaporale wrote:

Name me one singer that doesn't ad-lib in their songs......

Is it really that hard for people to say they just don't like a song? Why are people trying to justify it with things like not liking certain words?!

I don't dislike Supersonic.......it's growing on me........I'd now give it a 3 out of 5
    but the yeah yeahs annoy me. Am I not allowed to be annoyed by an aspect of a song?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I would just go in my He-Man underwear.

You're trying to turn me on, aren't you! :lol:

No, but if it happens ... I HAVE THE POWEEEEERRRRR!!!!

Do you have a big sword? :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Do you have a big sword? :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I don't dislike Supersonic.......it's growing on me........I'd now give it a 3 out of 5
    but the yeah yeahs annoy me. Am I not allowed to be annoyed by an aspect of a song?

Be whatver you want........... I think it's a little pedantic to judge a tiny ad-lib right at then end of a song.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Be whatver you want........... I think it's a little pedantic to judge a tiny ad-lib right at then end of a song.

I'm judging the Mankind rip off too! :lol:

Nah.....I've reassessed my rating.........Supersonic is down to 2.75 out of 5 stars now.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Nah.....I've reassessed my rating.........Supersonic is down to 2.75 out of 5 stars now.

I feel for you, really I do.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I feel for you, really I do.

And I feel for you, really I do.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Am I the only who thinks people are waaay over-analyzing the new music???

I mean, its just music. It's all subjective. We relate the yeah' yeah's to pop because of why? Ed stated he wanted to used his voice more as an instrument rather than lyrics.

I wonder if people are really stressing about the new album.. I mean come on, since when did real music and art lovers start using a rating system? Just because its pop and catchy does not mean it can't be creative. There's plenty of pop artists who truly are artists creating amazing music that is very accesive and well recieved.

This isn't a contest. It's not about ratings and numbers.. take the songs for what they are or not. Apply them to your life or not.. It shouldn't be this complicated.

I've never understood complaining about music, unless you are forced to listen to it.

I will refuse to attempt to rate music ever again. I'll either apply it to my life, or not. It's not a contest. It's about feeling the sounds.. or not.

I mean come on, since when did real music and art lovers start using a rating system?

I rate everything. Music, movies, food.....I'm a rate-aholic.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I mean come on, since when did real music and art lovers start using a rating system?

you told me you liked Eddie's fucking yeah yeah yeahs :mrgreen: But if you've changed your mind, I'll keep them to myself! ;)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I think you need to give that up, you might enjoy music more, just sayin'...........
    edited August 2009
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I would highly recommend, start feeling these things rather than applying mathmatics to them.

;)

Seriously, you apply a number to a piece of art, and you are limiting that piece from your life.

for me, albums and songs are constant bouncing from favorable to less favorable depending on mood, state of mind, what's going on in my life.. applying numbers to them would be meaningless.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I noticed that too.

I also noticed how Ed sings the majority of the songs on the new album at the same "level" and delivery and without much...nuance.

Well, those "up-tempo" tunes anyways...
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I think you need to give that up, you might enjoy music more, just sayin'...........

Ohhhh so now people have a problem with me rating songs?! :? ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!! :lol:

People rate songs and albums all the time........the majority of reviews I read have a rating! :?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I would highly recommend, start feeling these things rather than applying mathmatics to them.

;)

Seriously, you apply a number to a piece of art, and you are limiting that piece from your life.

Can't I feel first and then rate?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    People rate songs and albums all the time........the majority of reviews I read have a rating! :?
    Since when have music reviewers shared your experiences with life?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Can't I feel first and then rate?
    see my edit.. do you feel the same all the time? All your life???
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Huh? What the hell are you going on about?

They rate based on their own experiences...............I rate based on my own experiences.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Huh? What the hell are you going on about?

They rate based on their own experiences...............I rate based on my own experiences.
    On any given day, any given minute, any given Pearl Jam song, I could give any rating, depending on my mood, what's going on in my life.. some songs hit you right away, other take a while, and then these songs are off and on.. I see no purpose in designating them a number. I either feel them or I don't.