College Football 2009 -

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    College football makes fall Saturdays so much more enjoyable. The only thing I want to happen this year is Florida to lose. I absolutely cannot stand Tebow.

The Japanese people didnt like Godzilla either... but sometimes there's just nothing you can do.
    ha! just kidding around.
    Go Gators.

soo.is he like christzilla?
    christzilla.jpg

btw..i was at the cap one bowl a couple years ago.
    i've seen him stopped
    go blue :)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    thunderDAN wrote:
    nothing is new in 2009, Florida won't travel out of the South to play anyone. They play their normal cupcakes and then play a SEC schedule all within 200 miles of Gainesville. I'd love to see them travel up north in November to see what they got, or travel 1500 miles west to play someone.

You make a valid point about their out of conference schedule, but is there any doubt how good of a team they are really? They do win their bowl games on neutral fields.

sure it is not the cold of november with the hard hits etc you play in up north, but i don't see a ton of teams from up north getting excited to come play in the heat of the south in late august and early september either.

So as much as i agree they could step it up a little bit in their out of conference games, but i don't think you can ride them too much they are a talented team.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • MEGATRON wrote:
    College football makes fall Saturdays so much more enjoyable. The only thing I want to happen this year is Florida to lose. I absolutely cannot stand Tebow.

The Japanese people didnt like Godzilla either... but sometimes there's just nothing you can do.
    ha! just kidding around.
    Go Gators.

soo.is he like christzilla?
    christzilla.jpg

btw..i was at the cap one bowl a couple years ago.
    i've seen him stopped
    go blue :)

Go Blue baby!! That was an awesome game too.

Can't wait for the season to start so ESPN can stop trying to ruin the program with all their little BS stories.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    intodeep wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:
    nothing is new in 2009, Florida won't travel out of the South to play anyone. They play their normal cupcakes and then play a SEC schedule all within 200 miles of Gainesville. I'd love to see them travel up north in November to see what they got, or travel 1500 miles west to play someone.

You make a valid point about their out of conference schedule, but is there any doubt how good of a team they are really? They do win their bowl games on neutral fields.

sure it is not the cold of november with the hard hits etc you play in up north, but i don't see a ton of teams from up north getting excited to come play in the heat of the south in late august and early september either.

So as much as i agree they could step it up a little bit in their out of conference games, but i don't think you can ride them too much they are a talented team.

I know they win those Bowl games, but they never travel. Traveling has a ton to do with who wins games because one team travels and the other is at home. It's the reason Michigan has such a horrible record when they travel west and often lose to inferior teams. Every other team in the country travels except Florida, they only play in the South so there is much less of a home field advantage for the other team.

To the best of my knowledge, Florida has never played a Pac-10 school or Big Ten school as an away team. The furthest they travel every other year is to Kentucky. Traveling plays a ton into who wins games.
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

I know they win those Bowl games, but they never travel. Traveling has a ton to do with who wins games because one team travels and the other is at home. It's the reason Michigan has such a horrible record when they travel west and often lose to inferior teams. Every other team in the country travels except Florida, they only play in the South so there is much less of a home field advantage for the other team.

To the best of my knowledge, Florida has never played a Pac-10 school or Big Ten school as an away team. The furthest they travel every other year is to Kentucky. Traveling plays a ton into who wins games.

Florida is 4-5 this decade in bowl games. They win the big ones, especially under urban cryer, but you can't say they always win their bowl games. There is no denying their talent, one of the best in the country. But they definitely get by on the hype of the SEC when it comes to justifying their non-conf schedule.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Blount will run over and through their defense.

and right to jail

what a tool... and the boise st player should be suspended for his taunting

sportsmanship is alive and well :roll:
    thunderDAN wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

A valid point. The pac 10 has actively been making strides to up their exposure by having their teams play the SEC & ACC in recent years.
    I guess i was blinded by the recent championship games in thinking that florida had a better record then others, but i can't think of too many teams that have huge travel schedules. To be honest the only one that comes to mind is USC. They play Notre Dave and Ohio State every year.

Most teams have one big out of conference games and then a couple of teams coming in to get a pay check. in the past they alwasy play Florida State as their tough out of conference game. Recently Florida State has not been as competitive.

Also like i said no need to pile on florida most teams don't travel or schedule much more then one tough opponent you bring up michigan. How far do they travel? Who are they playing out of conference that is big and bad? How far are they traveling? They play three teams with michigan in their name (eastern, western, and state)

I think you have some valid points i can consider, but at the same time i don't think it is as overblown as you make it out to be. I can't remember the last time Michigan came down south to play a team during the season...
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • norm wrote:

and right to jail

I like how some columnists are saying that Blount jeopardized his NFL career. If we learned anything from Michael Vick and his mutilation of animals, is that everyone gets a 2nd chance when time heals. Punching a guy out, while stupid, won't stop him from going to the NFL. Another incident, well...... ;)
    It seems like every other school other than Florida atleast attempts to play other schools outside of their conference. Georgia goes to Oklahoma State, LSU is traveling to Washington this weekend, Michigan did a home/home with Oregon,

as a OSU fan I know Ohio State had/has home/homes with:

Texas (05/06)
    USC (08/09)
    Miami (09/10)
    Cal (11/12)
    Tennessee (13/14)
    Oklahoma (15/16)

Florida never has any of these games. They had a gave vs. Miami last year which was played in Gainesville. They would never travel to Austin, Norman or LA to take on another big time program.
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    Virgin's get all the hot babes.
    lucypinder.jpg
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    thunderDAN wrote:
    It seems like every other school other than Florida atleast attempts to play other schools outside of their conference. Georgia goes to Oklahoma State, LSU is traveling to Washington this weekend, Michigan did a home/home with Oregon,

Texas (05/06)
    USC (08/09)
    Miami (09/10)
    Cal (11/12)
    Tennessee (13/14)
    Oklahoma (15/16)

Florida never has any of these games. They had a gave vs. Miami last year which was played in Gainesville. They would never travel to Austin, Norman or LA to take on another big time program.

I think Ohio State picks one tough out of conference game a year because they know they need a big game on their schedule to help make up for not having a conference championship game to play.

florida as i said plays florida state which used to be a tough out of conference game but now is not as strong of an opponent.

I will concede that you are right florida does not travel because they don't need to. Do you think Ohio State would travel if they did not think they needed to in order to make up for the lack of that big game at the end of the year in the conference championship? I think that is the same reason USC does it. They want to make sure they have a statement game people can look at.

That is just how i see it. I can't argue with you that Florida travels because they don't. I do think that not as many schools as you seem to think Travel that much.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

Texas (05/06)
    USC (08/09)
    Miami (09/10)
    Cal (11/12)
    Tennessee (13/14)
    Oklahoma (15/16)

I think Ohio State picks one tough out of conference game a year because they know they need a big game on their schedule to help make up for not having a conference championship game to play.

florida as i said plays florida state which used to be a tough out of conference game but now is not as strong of an opponent.

I will concede that you are right florida does not travel because they don't need to. Do you think Ohio State would travel if they did not think they needed to in order to make up for the lack of that big game at the end of the year in the conference championship? I think that is the same reason USC does it. They want to make sure they have a statement game people can look at.

That is just how i see it. I can't argue with you that Florida travels because they don't. I do think that not as many schools as you seem to think Travel that much.

The USC and Texas games were scheduled way before other conferences had a problem with the Big Ten and Pac 10 not having conference championship games. They were scheduled back in 1999. Ohio State, USC and Texas do this because it's good for college football. They schedule them to get exposure.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    norm wrote:

and right to jail

Blount suspended for the year...no punishment for taunter
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Michigan loses when they travel because they suck. :lol:

They also lose at home to appalation state and Toledo. :lol:

Ohio State schedules big non confrence games not to get to the BCS championship, rather it's a great recruiting tool. From a BCS standpoint they would be better off playing a powder puff.

As far as Florida is concerned, i could care less about them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited September 2009
    evenflow wrote:
    The only thing I want to happen this year is Florida to lose. I absolutely cannot stand Tebow.

As a graduate and lifelong fan of LSU I agree with wanting Florida to get knocked off, hopefully by us. My big problem is with Tebow as well, but for a different reason. As a Tiger I always root for Florida to lose when not playing in the S.E.C., and as a rule the Gator QB is enemy #1. I really want to hate Tebow and watch him fail but for some reason I just can't. After watching interviews with him and reading stories on his life I can't help but like the guy. He’s just really a genuinely nice person. Don't get me wrong, on 10/10 I want him to lose by 40 or more points but other than that I hope he has continued success.

I mean, the guy is a beast on the field, there's no argument against that. He is fun to watch when he's playing a team I don't root for.

Im a huge GATORS fan so,
    I can understand your dislike for Fla as a team since you are a LSU fan. But I just wanted to say I really resect you for your opinion on Tebow.(genuine sportsmanship) ;) I mean How can anybody not like the guy ? He's an amazing athlete not only on the feild but off as well. I don't know of any other college athlete that would go to some 3rd world country for their summer to do humanitarian work like he does. IMO there needs to be more people like him so that kids can have someone like him look up to that might not have any positive roll models in their life. And maybe some of these so called pro's in the NFL could learn a thing or two from him. Anyway Im just stoked that it's that time of year again :D
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on
  • tybird wrote:
    norm wrote:

and right to jail

Blount suspended for the year...no punishment for taunter

I have to agree with the punishment. It wasn't Blount's first problem. But the Boise St. guy should get a game suspension. He was charging him for 20 yards yelling right into his face. If he wouldn't have turned his head away so quick he might not have had to deal with this from all his buddies for the next several years : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-NS1XIj ... re=related
    NERDS!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    and so it all begins in a few hours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Off to Madison for the Badger game. Nothing like partying in Madison on a college football Saturday. GO BIG RED!!

Blount got what he deserved. What a piece of shit thug. No place for that in college football. Hitting a player is one thing, but then after that trying to go after fans is a completely different story. Glad he's done for the year.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    prfctlefts wrote:
    evenflow wrote:
    The only thing I want to happen this year is Florida to lose. I absolutely cannot stand Tebow.

As a graduate and lifelong fan of LSU I agree with wanting Florida to get knocked off, hopefully by us. My big problem is with Tebow as well, but for a different reason. As a Tiger I always root for Florida to lose when not playing in the S.E.C., and as a rule the Gator QB is enemy #1. I really want to hate Tebow and watch him fail but for some reason I just can't. After watching interviews with him and reading stories on his life I can't help but like the guy. He’s just really a genuinely nice person. Don't get me wrong, on 10/10 I want him to lose by 40 or more points but other than that I hope he has continued success.

I mean, the guy is a beast on the field, there's no argument against that. He is fun to watch when he's playing a team I don't root for.

Im a huge GATORS fan so,
    I can understand your dislike for Fla as a team since you are a LSU fan. But I just wanted to say I really resect you for your opinion on Tebow.(genuine sportsmanship) ;) I mean How can anybody not like the guy ? He's an amazing athlete not only on the feild but off as well. I don't know of any other college athlete that would go to some 3rd world country for their summer to do humanitarian work like he does. IMO there needs to be more people like him so that kids can have someone like him look up to that might not have any positive roll models in their life. And maybe some of these so called pro's in the NFL could learn a thing or two from him. Anyway Im just stoked that it's that time of year again :D

OVEREXPOSURE

people are sick of him..
    and the "nobody will try harder / god bless"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    you also forget over hyped megatron. to me teabow is another eric crouch.

i can't believe the sooners are the first team to be upset this year.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:

I don't think you can say Tebow is over hyped, the guy does pretty much whatever he wants on the field. I'd say for once a player really deserves what they're saying about him. You can label him "over" whatever you want, but in the end he's just going to run "over" your team.

...and yes, I can't believe I'm coming up in defense of a Gator player, I feel really dirty. :shock:
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    evenflow wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I don't think you can say Tebow is over hyped, the guy does pretty much whatever he wants on the field. I'd say for once a player really deserves what they're saying about him. You can label him "over" whatever you want, but in the end he's just going to run "over" your team.

...and yes, I can't believe I'm coming up in defense of a Gator player, I feel really dirty. :shock:

not one team wanted to draft him as a qb in the recent nfl draft. all the scouts and some nfl teams said at best he's a 2nd rounder and not at qb
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Just watched the end of the LSU-Washington game. Washington already has the spread covered (17 1/2) and scores a TD with three seconds left to hit the over, which was at 53 1/2. Somewhere in Vegas, there's a 50-50 split of celebration and pissed off people near the sports book. This post was strictly for entertainment purposes.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • MEGATRON wrote:
    OVEREXPOSURE

people are sick of him..
    and the "nobody will try harder / god bless
    :roll:

some people just don't like winners
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    prfctlefts wrote:
    evenflow wrote:

Im a huge GATORS fan so,

For ONCE maybe twice I have to agree with you here about Tebow and I don't even like Florida. I live half a year in S Florida and a household that's ALL Gators and Tebow rules the day there. He is outstanding off the field as he is on the field, finds ways to rally his team around him. As great as he is a college player I question how well of a player he will be in the pros.

Even though with the character that he poises, I don't think that failure in the pros matters too much to him. Even though they were smashed yesterday, GO TERPS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Big 12 is gonna be a ride this year. Two teams (my two) that were supposed to be down this year, Texas A&M and Mizzou put a hurtin' on their foes. Weaker foes to be sure, but big schools. With OU losing to BYU (wtf?!) the season has started off upside down. Good times.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,981
    gabers wrote:
    With OU losing to BYU (wtf?!)

Being a UTAH fan, I hate BYU....but it was nice to watch them smack OU. ACC and Big East get automatic BCS bids and the Mountain West does not? That's the true WTF. :shock: :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    anyone watching this Florida St v Miami game? Great way to end the weekend for college football, been a hell of a game.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    jimed14 wrote:
    anyone watching this Florida St v Miami game? Great way to end the weekend for college football, been a hell of a game.

Yeah...What does Bobby Bowden actually do? It looks as though he isn't involved in an aspect of the offense or defense?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    stickfig13 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Yeah...What does Bobby Bowden actually do? It looks as though he isn't involved in an aspect of the offense or defense?
    Bobby collects a big paycheck. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.