**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Houston & Dallas please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    Avett Brothers tonight. Can't wait. Anyone else going? Shep, you get tickets?

They're playing a couple of shows in Dallas in October. If you're in that area, I'd highly recommend going. Great live band.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549

They're playing a couple of shows in Dallas in October. If you're in that area, I'd highly recommend going. Great live band.

Enjoy the hell out of that, Zack!

I just saw them in Memphis 3 weeks ago. They get better each time.

Cheers!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks man, I'm excited about it. The theater they're playing is in downtown Houston and attached to it is a Hard Rock Cafe. I don't care how cheesy people think that place is, I love going to them. Last time was 2004 in Tijuana, Mexico. Should be a fun date night.

• shepshep Posts: 5,759

Was going to go - I told my buddy to go ahead and get tickets last weekend, then 15 minutes after I did I got an email from one of my college buddies saying that he was going to be in town Friday night and wanted to get together, so I had to call it off. Kinda crappy but not really, I haven't seen my buddy in a while, so it should be a good night out...
    rhinomagic wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks man, I'm excited about it. The theater they're playing is in downtown Houston and attached to it is a Hard Rock Cafe. I don't care how cheesy people think that place is, I love going to them. Last time was 2004 in Tijuana, Mexico. Should be a fun date night.

Lol... I've been in that Hard Rock a couple of times... it's not my favourite, but it does have a framed copy of BK's 2005 south america tour poster in the back. 8-)

If you're hanging around down there check out the new bar upstairs where the rock bar used to be... someone bought the place and sunk a couple of million dollars into renovating it into 5 seperate bars... it's pretty impressive... we went up there after the Wilco show a couple of weeks back... cool to see... Didn't stay long cause the music was blaring and after going to a live show with an awesome band I can never handle crappy music way too loud in a bar... I always like to hit a quiet laid back place for a few wind down beers afterwards... call me crazy...

However the bartenders in assless chaps at the PBR bull riding bar were worth hanging around for a beer... especially when they got up on the bar dancing...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Lol... I've been in that Hard Rock a couple of times... it's not my favourite, but it does have a framed copy of BK's 2005 south america tour poster in the back. 8-)

If you're hanging around down there check out the new bar upstairs where the rock bar used to be... someone bought the place and sunk a couple of million dollars into renovating it into 5 seperate bars... it's pretty impressive... we went up there after the Wilco show a couple of weeks back... cool to see... Didn't stay long cause the music was blaring and after going to a live show with an awesome band I can never handle crappy music way too loud in a bar... I always like to hit a quiet laid back place for a few wind down beers afterwards... call me crazy...

However the bartenders in assless chaps at the PBR bull riding bar were worth hanging around for a beer... especially when they got up on the bar dancing...

Never been to this Hard Rock but the upstairs part sound cool. Will check it out. Assless chaps? Can't say no to that.

shep wrote:

Never been to this Hard Rock but the upstairs part sound cool. Will check it out. Assless chaps? Can't say no to that.

Assless chaps with a binki on underneath... and the top of the binki barely covers their breasticles.... plus it has a mechanical bull if you feel the need! (there are also about 4 other bars in the complex - so you have a good bit of choice).

The hardrock is to one side of the venue and the bar is to the other, just go straight up the stairs and enjoy!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Assless chaps with a binki on underneath... and the top of the binki barely covers their breasticles.... plus it has a mechanical bull if you feel the need! (there are also about 4 other bars in the complex - so you have a good bit of choice).

The hardrock is to one side of the venue and the bar is to the other, just go straight up the stairs and enjoy!

Cool man. Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to tonight. Will be nice to see a great concert (in the south).

Hail, hail the Avett Brothers.

A band who still TOURS the south. :thumbup:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    play the south

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Damn I'm jonesing for a show...play the south!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:

Tell me about it... Wilco got me in the mood for a long string... the summer concert annoucements have been very slow coming this year...
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Tell me about it... Wilco got me in the mood for a long string... the summer concert annoucements have been very slow coming this year...
    Yeah not many good acts coming down here this year.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    rhinomagic wrote:

Cheers!

saw them in WPB in April..... absolutely frickin awesome band
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    Play the south por favor
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    CAUSE WERE NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH I GUESS? GREEN DISEASE I SUPPOSE OR IS IT THAT THEY THINK WERE ALL RIDING OIL WELLS IN OUR BACKYARD. I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS BAND FOR 20 FUCKING YEARS AND ALWAYS WILL!!! IT KINDA SUCKS THEY WANT EVEN TOUR THIER OWN COUNTRY. MUSIC IS MY LIFE I GETS ME THRU SHITTY ASS TIMES!! PLENTY AND I'M SURE JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE N HE NORTH. PJ HAS OPENED MY MIND AND EYES TO WHAT GOOD MUSIC IS, AND I LOVE GOING TO CONCERTS I SIMPLY LOVE IT! `PJ IS ALWAYS SPEAKING OF TRUTHS THAT I RELATE TO. ONE WORD I STILL BELIEVE IN TOO, LOVE. SO WHY CAN"T THEY SHOW IT? WE NEED SOME TOO MY POKET BOOK IS HURTING BECAUSE, IM GOING TO SEE THEM NO MATTER WHAT! OR HOW FAR. LOOK ALL IAM SAYING IS. PEARL JAM PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH BEFORE WE ALLGO BROKE
    OR INSANE THANKS
    until next time......
    Memphis, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa, West Palm Beach

You're welcome. Now do it. Please?

• GL88154GL88154 Posts: 46
    Canada 2
    South 0

boooooooooo
    EZ1221C wrote:
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Yeah not many good acts coming down here this year.

Not too many big acts anywhere in North America this year... very dissapointing...

Memphis, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charlotte, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa, West Palm Beach

Toss San Antonio in there, that city has become too big for them to skip over... hell, it's bigger than most of the cities on that list!
    shep wrote:

Toss San Antonio in there, that city has become too big for them to skip over... hell, it's bigger than most of the cities on that list!

Just trying to cater to a large portion of the south. But hell, I'd gladly take 3 Texas shows. Must be what New England feels like - Boston, Hartford, Philly, and NY on every tour. San Antonio '03 was my first show. I'd love to go back for another.

GL88154 wrote:
    Canada 2
    South 0

boooooooooo

*since 2003

...but still :thumbdown:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

All I have is Kings of Leon/Band of Horses in August on my horizon. Need more shows!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Alright, Zack, give us a review of the show you saw last night in...you know...the south.

(when you're done sleeping it off, that is) :lol:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611

That would be amazing. Reminds me of the post with the mapped out southern tour...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    toot.giftoot.giftoot.gif

PLAY THE SOUTH!!
    pandora wrote:
    toot.giftoot.giftoot.gif

PLAY THE SOUTH!!

Pandora. WHere is Lake Spivey? Never heard of it.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    toot.giftoot.giftoot.gif

PLAY THE SOUTH!!

:wave:

We are down I 75 about 15 minutes past the airport,
    the roads that border the lake are Walt Stephens and Jodeco
    Blackhall and Camp...we're in North Shore.
    It's a small motorboat lake, 10 miles of shoreline. Its very pretty.
    The original houses are mostly gone now bought up and either remodeled
    or taken down just for the lot.
    Huge mansions now sit around the lake.
    We are not on the lake :lol: but can walk down the boat ramp to it.

I hope we get some rain soon.
    They lowered the lake last fall for silt removal and its not coming up very fast
    the boat sits in the driveway :(
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    toot.giftoot.giftoot.gif

PLAY THE SOUTH!!

:wave:

We are down I 75 about 15 minutes past the airport,
    the roads that border the lake are Walt Stephens and Jodeco
    Blackhall and Camp...we're in North Shore.
    It's a small motorboat lake, 10 miles of shoreline. Its very pretty.
    The original houses are mostly gone now bought up and either remodeled
    or taken down just for the lot.
    Huge mansions now sit around the lake.
    We are not on the lake :lol: but can walk down the boat ramp to it.

I hope we get some rain soon.
    They lowered the lake last fall for silt removal and its not coming up very fast
    the boat sits in the driveway :(

Nice. So your kinda near Locust Grove area. Im heading to Lanier in about an hour. I have a boat and 2 Jet Skis. I bet your small lake would be fun for water sports! Seeya at Alpine ;)
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com